Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

8000+

Default Boy Scouts of America affirm ban on gay members and volunteers

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...merica-ban-gay

Well, now there's two reasons why I think Boy Scouts of America is a terrible organization.

(The other being that atheists/secular kids can't join)

If there is some psychological disorder where a particular individual finds people of the same sex attractive it is more likely there might be something else wrong with them. I see how parents would not feel very comfortable with this.

On the other hand people are terrified of gay people because they do not really understand them. Most of them are just like everyone else with a little exception of what they do in their bedrooms (which of course is none of our business). I have met a couple of gay people and most of them are pretty decent individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedicake View Post
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...merica-ban-gay

Well, now there's two reasons why I think Boy Scouts of America is a terrible organization.

(The other being that atheists/secular kids can't join)
    +1 to BSoA for taking a stand.

GTFO Heathen gaylords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    Unless you assume a God, the question of life’s purpose is meaningless.

err.. arent the Boy Scouts a private organization with a somewhat judeo-christian slant?

So.. while I may disagree with their attitudes about homosexuality.. they have every right to ban something that contradicts their core values.

Id rather live in a country where they have the freedom to ban this than one where they couldnt.. even if I dont agree with it.

What I find odd is that if they were banning Wiccans.. this thread wouldnt even exist
    Last edited by Milo Hobgoblin; 07-19-2012 at 04:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo Hobgoblin View Post
    What I find odd is that if they were banning Wiccans.. this thread wouldnt even exist

^^

Or, if Wiccans were banning Christians, it would be celebrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokstarr View Post
    ^^

Or, if Wiccans were banning Christians, it would be celebrated.
    Poor oppressed Christians.

BTW why would Wiccans be banning Christians and more importantly why would a Christian join something that is Wiccan?
    Wisdom Of Bots
    1, then tired, do not forget to smile; be anxious, but also pay attention to tone; no matter how tough, do not forget to adhere to; No matter how tired, but also love yourself.
    But we are jet modified and not faint-hearted of difficulties

12,000+

err.. arent the Boy Scouts a private organization with a somewhat judeo-christian slant?

So.. while I may disagree with their attitudes about homosexuality.. they have every right to ban something that contradicts their core values.

Id rather live in a country where they have the freedom to ban this than one where they couldnt.. even if I dont agree with it.

You're right!

And hello old forumfall compatriot

Quote Originally Posted by Protonix View Post
    You're right!

And hello old forumfall compatriot
    damn, where you been?

12,000+

damn, where you been?
    Well for the past 1.5 years, in and out of the hospital hah. Been having some post operative abdominal issues, including the surgeons leaving a towel in me for 4 months (lawsuit ensuing). All sorts of fun shit. In between that, just working, living the American dream.

There was a Shadowbane thread on here not too long ago and I've been stuck here since, there's nowhere else with a really active forum so I've been getting my trolling fix here.

How you doin?

Normal User US1 Player

A private organization which receives financial support from the government.

A private orgnaization should be allowed to do what ever they like, however a private organization which everyone who pays taxes is forced to support shouldnt.

10,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Hismajesty View Post
    A private organization which receives financial support from the government.
    Really? Source pls.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

Banned

A guy guy was in my clan once.

He was alone a lot in vent.

Quote Originally Posted by SiKness View Post
    A guy guy was in my clan once.

He was alone a lot in vent.
    Unless you were that guy, it's hard to know if he was alone on vent. Poor you.
    Wisdom Of Bots
    1, then tired, do not forget to smile; be anxious, but also pay attention to tone; no matter how tough, do not forget to adhere to; No matter how tired, but also love yourself.
    But we are jet modified and not faint-hearted of difficulties

What's being gay got to do with taking care of kids?

So if I like penis, I'm considered a pedo all of a sudden?

I love forumfalls logic on this.

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by -Jotun View Post
    What's being gay got to do with taking care of kids?

So if I like penis, I'm considered a pedo all of a sudden?

I love forumfalls logic on this.

Good job!
    Nobody wants your homo poison influencing their children. Get over it freak.