Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Darkfall 2.o

HUZZAH! Hail Signus the Truthspreader!

"There were also questions about having to pay for the relaunch version, and the answer is no if you’ve already bought Darkfall."

But now it brings up the question of people who joined after the 9.95 promo...
    Last edited by Byzantinian; 07-21-2012 at 00:06.

Normal User

Well, did they buy Darkfall? Nope, they never bought the client. I am sure when 2.0 comes out, the client will be $50 again and $15/a month. Since we already bought the client, we just gotta pay the monthly price.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Smurf View Post
    everything u just said is bullshit.

df 2 is code name for a whole new game. What happens when you want a new game? You pay for it
    If you want to be technical, DF1 isn't a technically game... it's "proof of a concept".

Considering we paid $50 already and only got proof of a concept, I don't feel asking for DF2 to cost less (or even be free) for people who have already bought DF1 is out of line. Especially since it's all but certain they're going to shut down the DF1 servers and wipe characters.
    Last edited by UMCorian; 07-21-2012 at 07:14.

IRC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by UMCorian View Post
    If you want to be technical, DF1 isn't a technically game... it's "proof of a concept".

Considering we paid $50 already and only got proof of a concept, I don't feel asking for DF2 to cost less (or even be free) for people who have already bought DF1 is out of line. Especially since it's all but certain they're going to shut down the DF1 servers and wipe characters.
    DF1 servers are DF2.0 servers. They're not independent games.

Community staff are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Signus View Post
    DF1 servers are DF2.0 servers. They're not independent games.
    in before poor Greeks charge us extra money

Normal User US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Bojanglez View Post
    in before poor Greeks charge us extra money
    Why would they? And poor Greeks? Av is one of the only MMO companies in the last 6 years that have increased their staff post release. I'd say they're hardly "poor" or they wouldn't have hired 30 new devs and moved into a bigger office.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBallz View Post
    I saw a post a while back about how people who bought the game didn't have to pay for 2.o. What about new accounts/new players who are playing the game for $10 a month without buying the client. ANYONE KNOW?(ALL CAPS SO PEOPLE ANSWER ME)
    I doubt that players who actually bought game client (twice) will not have to pay again.
    Most likely we all will have to buy it at list once.
    Greywind UO/DAoC/SB/L2/WoW/DFO

Normal User US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Greywind View Post
    I doubt that players who actually bought game client (twice) will not have to pay again.
    Most likely we all will have to buy it at list once.
    Why would anyone buy the client twice?

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Iphicles View Post
    Why would anyone buy the client twice?
    Lots of people did so they could play on the NA1 servers before they offered the server breaking transfers.

Normal User US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Veldern View Post
    Lots of people did so they could play on the NA1 servers before they offered the server breaking transfers.
    If you guys payed 50 dollars rather than wait 3 months for transfers, I'd hardly blame AV for that. Especially when the two servers were handled by different publishers.

Server breaking? To have NA players go to where they wanted to be from the start?

Quote Originally Posted by Iphicles View Post
    Server breaking? To have NA players go to where they wanted to be from the start?
    8-9 month old EU characters transferred onto the NA server where characters were what? 3 months old? Yeah, gamebreaking.

"Includes one free month of game-time. This is a monthly recurring subscription product. After the initial charge of $9.95 for the Darkfall Client plus one free month of game-time, there will be a $9.95 recurring monthly charge, unless the subscription is cancelled."
    On the "buy game page"
    Just starting my month.. If they try to sell me 2.0 I'll ragequit

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    They can call it a new game all they want, but to me it's just a large update.
    Yea because you jumped into your time machine and warped ahead a year and played the game. So you know all about it right?

I hope they charge you double for the client...
    "Only dead fishes go with the current"