Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darkfall 2.o

Normal User US1 Player

Default Darkfall 2.o

I saw a post a while back about how people who bought the game didn't have to pay for 2.o. What about new accounts/new players who are playing the game for $10 a month without buying the client. ANYONE KNOW?(ALL CAPS SO PEOPLE ANSWER ME)

Normal User

Knowing AV, you're probably going to have to buy the client and they'll probably bump it back up to like 50 bucks or some crap. They temporarily removed the client price and the 10 dollars you are paying is for a month of play time--so technically you never paid for the client.

Normal User US1 Player

Those fuckers . Even though we're gunna be paying the $10 sub price for 3 years until 2.o is out.
    Last edited by BigBallz; 07-16-2012 at 06:56.

Normal User

Haha, you never know; maybe they won't charge you guys. Nothing is official yet until it gets announced.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BigBallz View Post
    I saw a post a while back about how people who bought the game didn't have to pay for 2.o. What about new accounts/new players who are playing the game for $10 a month without buying the client. ANYONE KNOW?(ALL CAPS SO PEOPLE ANSWER ME)
    everything u just said is bullshit.

df 2 is code name for a whole new game. What happens when you want a new game? You pay for it

well if they charge us another 40 or higher price tag when DF2.0 comes out, then i will pass. It just isnt worth it, beside there tons of games out there that most players already have to have fun with it without wasting more money on this one.

9.95 a month is reasonable and included for 2.0 without paying extra for upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Smurf View Post
    everything u just said is bullshit.

df 2 is code name for a whole new game. What happens when you want a new game? You pay for it
    Nope they definitely said at one if you bought the 1.0 client we wouldnt need to repurchase 2.0.
    @op donno how that works with new sub

Normal User

They can call it a new game all they want, but to me it's just a large update.

And if they decide to charge all the players full price, which they probably will, that's fine. They don't owe any of you shit, you paid for the game, then you got to play it, which is what you paid for, so it is an even exchange. Deal concluded. No strings attached.

Normal User US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post

And if they decide to charge all the players full price, which they probably will, that's fine. They don't owe any of you shit, you paid for the game, then you got to play it, which is what you paid for, so it is an even exchange. Deal concluded. No strings attached.
    Can't tell if joking or? We've payed the recurring price of $15 dollars for a while without any updates(which is what the payments in p2p games are suppose to be for). They owe us the client price for the game atleast.

1000+

I have a feeling we'll have to buy the darkfall 2.0 client.

With that being said, I'm hoping for the best. They did promise all future expansions to be free, but like everyone suggests, 2.0 won't be an expansion.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BigBallz View Post
    I also recall a post similar to this but I can't find the link now. Sorry bud.

Normal User US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post

And if they decide to charge all the players full price, which they probably will, that's fine.
    Well, it's larger than just about any update to any MMO I can think of, and I've been playing them for 12 years. And they've said if you already own Darkfall you won't have to pay anything, but that was at least a year ago so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPlayer View Post
    I also recall a post similar to this but I can't find the link now. Sorry bud.
    This is the 3rd person saying this, and I know I read this as a fact. The only reason I got 2 new players to join is there was a blog post that specifically stated people who bought DF1 client would not have to pay for DF2.0 client. I swear to god I can't find it either and I just read all of the last few months of blog posts. It had to be edited out or removed completely.

UPDATE3: Signus once again found it haha
    Last edited by Byzantinian; 07-25-2012 at 07:23.

IRC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantinian View Post
    This is the 3rd person saying this, and I know I read this as a fact. The only reason I got 2 new players to join is there was a blog post that specifically stated people who bought DF1 client would not have to pay for DF2.0 client. I swear to god I can't find it either and I just read all of the last few months of blog posts. It had to be edited out or removed completely.

UPDATE: In this thread Signus mentioned it was in a Friday update, so yeah, it existed.
    http://web.eu.darkfallonline.com/sho....php?p=5438602
    So the whole "everything u just said is bullshit" can choke on it. I'll check all the updates til I find it, and if I don't I'll know it was removed.

UPDATE2: Just read every blogpost from July 2012 back to November 2011 and no sign or any mention of it. Completely vanished.

This was surprisingly difficult to track down... but you had to go a bit further back to find it!

http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/?p=2102

Community staff are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

18,000+ Long term follower

I love the spam bot

Uzik ibnYaraq (in game name, always willing to help)

My latest SONG and my latest VIDEO.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin/videos
    http://absogaming.forumotion.com/forum