Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Darkfall 2.o

  1. #1
    Normal User US1 Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11

    Default Darkfall 2.o

    I saw a post a while back about how people who bought the game didn't have to pay for 2.o. What about new accounts/new players who are playing the game for $10 a month without buying the client. ANYONE KNOW?(ALL CAPS SO PEOPLE ANSWER ME)

  2. #2
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Knowing AV, you're probably going to have to buy the client and they'll probably bump it back up to like 50 bucks or some crap. They temporarily removed the client price and the 10 dollars you are paying is for a month of play time--so technically you never paid for the client.


  3. #3
    Normal User US1 Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Those fuckers . Even though we're gunna be paying the $10 sub price for 3 years until 2.o is out.
    Last edited by BigBallz; 07-16-2012 at 06:56.

  4. #4
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Haha, you never know; maybe they won't charge you guys. Nothing is official yet until it gets announced.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBallz View Post
    I saw a post a while back about how people who bought the game didn't have to pay for 2.o. What about new accounts/new players who are playing the game for $10 a month without buying the client. ANYONE KNOW?(ALL CAPS SO PEOPLE ANSWER ME)
    everything u just said is bullshit.

    df 2 is code name for a whole new game. What happens when you want a new game? You pay for it

  6. #6
    Normal User SpireofSouls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Clifton Park, NY
    Posts
    122

    Default

    well if they charge us another 40 or higher price tag when DF2.0 comes out, then i will pass. It just isnt worth it, beside there tons of games out there that most players already have to have fun with it without wasting more money on this one.

    9.95 a month is reasonable and included for 2.0 without paying extra for upgrade.

  7. #7
    1000+ heliumbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Smurf View Post
    everything u just said is bullshit.

    df 2 is code name for a whole new game. What happens when you want a new game? You pay for it
    Nope they definitely said at one if you bought the 1.0 client we wouldnt need to repurchase 2.0.
    @op donno how that works with new sub

  8. #8
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    492

    Default

    They can call it a new game all they want, but to me it's just a large update.

    And if they decide to charge all the players full price, which they probably will, that's fine. They don't owe any of you shit, you paid for the game, then you got to play it, which is what you paid for, so it is an even exchange. Deal concluded. No strings attached.

  9. #9
    Normal User US1 Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    They can call it a new game all they want, but to me it's just a large update.

    And if they decide to charge all the players full price, which they probably will, that's fine. They don't owe any of you shit, you paid for the game, then you got to play it, which is what you paid for, so it is an even exchange. Deal concluded. No strings attached.
    Can't tell if joking or? We've payed the recurring price of $15 dollars for a while without any updates(which is what the payments in p2p games are suppose to be for). They owe us the client price for the game atleast.

  10. #10
    1000+
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    I have a feeling we'll have to buy the darkfall 2.0 client.

    With that being said, I'm hoping for the best. They did promise all future expansions to be free, but like everyone suggests, 2.0 won't be an expansion.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBallz View Post
    I saw a post a while back about how people who bought the game didn't have to pay for 2.o. What about new accounts/new players who are playing the game for $10 a month without buying the client. ANYONE KNOW?(ALL CAPS SO PEOPLE ANSWER ME)
    I also recall a post similar to this but I can't find the link now. Sorry bud.

  12. #12
    Normal User US1 Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    They can call it a new game all they want, but to me it's just a large update.

    And if they decide to charge all the players full price, which they probably will, that's fine.
    Well, it's larger than just about any update to any MMO I can think of, and I've been playing them for 12 years. And they've said if you already own Darkfall you won't have to pay anything, but that was at least a year ago so who knows.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldPlayer View Post
    I also recall a post similar to this but I can't find the link now. Sorry bud.
    This is the 3rd person saying this, and I know I read this as a fact. The only reason I got 2 new players to join is there was a blog post that specifically stated people who bought DF1 client would not have to pay for DF2.0 client. I swear to god I can't find it either and I just read all of the last few months of blog posts. It had to be edited out or removed completely.

    UPDATE3: Signus once again found it haha
    Last edited by Byzantinian; 07-25-2012 at 07:23.

  14. #14
    IRC Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Byzantinian View Post
    This is the 3rd person saying this, and I know I read this as a fact. The only reason I got 2 new players to join is there was a blog post that specifically stated people who bought DF1 client would not have to pay for DF2.0 client. I swear to god I can't find it either and I just read all of the last few months of blog posts. It had to be edited out or removed completely.

    UPDATE: In this thread Signus mentioned it was in a Friday update, so yeah, it existed.
    http://web.eu.darkfallonline.com/sho....php?p=5438602
    So the whole "everything u just said is bullshit" can choke on it. I'll check all the updates til I find it, and if I don't I'll know it was removed.

    UPDATE2: Just read every blogpost from July 2012 back to November 2011 and no sign or any mention of it. Completely vanished.

    This was surprisingly difficult to track down... but you had to go a bit further back to find it!

    http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/?p=2102




    Community staff are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

  15. #15
    18,000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    18,173

    Default

    I love the spam bot

    Uzik ibnYaraq (in game name, always willing to help)

    My latest SONG and my latest VIDEO.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin/videos
    http://absogaming.forumotion.com/forum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •