Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1000+

On your last paragraph ure talking bout load lag, the worst bug

As for your separation suggests, we won't need that in 2.0
    Last edited by 4n0n; 07-17-2012 at 02:56.
    https://forums.darkfallonline.com/image.php?u=401595&type=sigpic&dateline=  1360367954

Quote Originally Posted by War Child View Post
    Even the mobs cancelled their subscription.
    NA: Asura Wrath
    Clan: Incognito recruit.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by bakamang View Post
    A sandbox game to me is a game with no set path. Nothing is laid out for the players and nothing is forced upon these players just for them to truly enjoy the game.
    Do you understand what my point is now? This will create more paths for fun fun fun and more chances for PvP PvP PvP. Everyone benefits yayyyyyyy.
    I agree with everything you said in your last post. My point with making this thread is that Darkfall is a PVP game... in order for it to be successful, it's PVP needs to be done correctly. I think you are assuming that in DF2.0 PVP will all be fixed and therefore AV should focus on adding more content...

My intentions for making this thread is not to say that AV needs to drop everything they are doing and focus on fixing/adding more PVP, but instead to make a statement/observation that inorder for a PVP game to flourish on release and for years to come... it needs to address those issues which I felt Darkfall did not do successfully. It may be that they already addressed those issues and therefore everything is all good... If you look at the name of the thread it does not talk about Darkfall or DF 2.0... this thread is addressing all PVP MMO's in general and I am simply posting a game design observation that I had when thinking about some of the issues that Darkfall has. I am sure the new Darkfall will fix all the issues the original had, as well as the ones I am bringing up in this thread, and I am sure it will be great! I can't wait to play it! Until then, I will be playing Planetside 2.
    Last edited by Aentropy; 07-17-2012 at 05:22.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Aentropy View Post
    I agree with everything you said in your last post. My point with making this thread is that Darkfall is a PVP game... in order for it to be successful, it's PVP needs to be done correctly. I think you are assuming that in DF2.0 PVP will all be fixed and therefore AV should focus on adding more content...

My intentions for making this thread is not to say that AV needs to drop everything they are doing and focus on fixing/adding more PVP, but instead to make a statement/observation that inorder for a PVP game to flourish on release and for years to come... it needs to address those issues which I felt Darkfall did not do successfully. It may be that they already addressed those issues and therefore everything is all good... If you look at the name of the thread it does not talk about Darkfall or DF 2.0... this thread is addressing all PVP MMO's in general and I am simply posting a game design observation that I had when thinking about some of the issues that Darkfall has. I am sure the new Darkfall will fix all the issues the original had, as well as the ones I am bringing up in this thread, and I am sure it will be great! I can't wait to play it! Until then, I will be playing Planetside 2.
    I'm not assuming DF2.0 will fix all PvP problems. I am saying that PvP is being heavily addressed in 2.0. I just want them to add more improvements to other neglected features of the game along with working on PvP. Some features ARE being worked on in the sequel, but there are still others that aren't being addressed by AV.

Honestly, Darkfall's PvP in general is very fun despite all of your concerns, though I understand them. Yes, some parts are unbalanced and some mechanics are just ridiculous, but even in this sorry state, its the only thing saving DF. I do agree with you that the PvP is in need of many changes and improvements though.

And I will also be playing Planetside 2. AWWW CHYEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Normal User

This game will always be a hardcore game, and that's both its blessing and its curse.

I respect it for what it is. Just tried it again. Had a blast for 4 days, then someone tonight gave me a reality reminder of just how brutal this game is when they slaughtered me in what felt like 5 seconds, costing me hours of work, then mocking me because I didn't even have the skill to put up any fight.

It was a sobering experience after a few days of thinking: "Hey, maybe I can make it."

This game absolutely chews you up, spits you out and wipes its ass with you if you're a newbie. It's what this game is. You either bend over and take it until you get good, or you find a less intense MMO. I, personally, am going away... I'll own it: Darkfall is too harsh and unrewarding for a player of my skill level. I feel like a mouse trying to tiptoe around cougars... losing hours of work when I bump into one I can't hide from.

That being said, I wouldn't have them change this game to be something it's not. The fact a hardcore game like this does exist for the folks who enjoy it is important and while that means it will never be the game for me, I respect folks who can not only play this game at its intended level, but thrive at it... as I simply don't have the patience or grit required.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy_victory View Post
    am I missing something? Cause I was under the impression that right now it takes about a week to be pvp viable and 2-3 weeks to be compeltely maxed out. You guys know there are 20X gains right?
    I admit, the skill gains are what brought me back, but skills/stats are not a big part of it. You run into a vet as a player with a maxed out 3 week old character, it's not going to matter much. Your ass will still be grass and the only reason is because the vet is a 100x better player than you are and this game is very skill-based (as in, player skill).

That being said, I'm not sure it should be any other way. Better players should win and that adrenaline rush that the players who dig this game get would be compromised if they didn't feel like they were inflicting misery upon the people who fall to them - because they need to know the same fate would happen to them if they don't win, or all you have is World of Warcraft PvP, where the loser loses only a bit of pride (if that).
    Last edited by UMCorian; 07-18-2012 at 06:18.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by UMCorian View Post
    Yeah, I guess this is a good example of the game not being for everyone. With PvP being the only thing worth doing in Darkfall 1.0, it makes the game a very niche MMORPG. Hopefully Darkfall 2.0 will attract a more diverse crowd, similar to the crowd that swarmed in during EU launch. The crowd that expected so much more, but was gradually let down by the lack of content and features; especially after the politics and the game's mystique died out and the truth penetrated through with a vengeance. The sequel must deliver!!!!!!!!

I agree that DF should never lose its hardcore theme. Players should always be in danger of being killed and looted, no matter where they are--there should never be a true safe zone for people to hide in. This is something that I believe AV will never change, especially after watching the interview with Tasos.

Banned

games fuckikng great now.

qq more.

4000+

Quote Originally Posted by nyustul View Post
    and earn 15k gold in your sleep
    In 2-3 hours solo, you can earn enough gold to meditate every stat to 100.

Sure there is barely any grind anymore, but that still doesn't change the broken PvP balance, unbalanced races etc.
    Last edited by bobii; 07-18-2012 at 09:45.

Quote Originally Posted by bobii View Post
    In 2-3 hours solo, you can earn enough gold to meditate every stat to 100.

Sure there is barely any grind anymore, but that still doesn't change the broken PvP balance, unbalanced races etc.
    Some noob isn't going to grind enough gold to mediate every stat to 100 in 2-3 hours.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by UMCorian View Post
    This game will always be a hardcore game, and that's both its blessing and its curse.

I respect it for what it is. Just tried it again. Had a blast for 4 days, then someone tonight gave me a reality reminder of just how brutal this game is when they slaughtered me in what felt like 5 seconds, costing me hours of work, then mocking me because I didn't even have the skill to put up any fight.
    That being said, I'm not sure it should be any other way. Better players should win and that adrenaline rush that the players who dig this game get would be compromised if they didn't feel like they were inflicting misery upon the people who fall to them - because they need to know the same fate would happen to them if they don't win, or all you have is World of Warcraft PvP, where the loser loses only a bit of pride (if that).
    UMCorian, what you are describing, where you get killed in 5seconds, is not a hardcore experience. What you are describing is someone much higher level than you kicking your ass and you feel like shit because you didn't even have a chance at winning. What you are describing is a game where people with no lives, who don't mind spending all their days grinding away to be more powerful than anyone else around them, can be more successful than those around them who are actually better and more skillful as gamers than them. Trust me, I know this, I watched my brother grinding his skills (afk-swimming, macroing, casting spells in town, glitching mobs, etc...) for a month straight when the game came out, just so he can be stronger than everyone else around him in pvp. It was such a waste of a life. Luckily, he realized that and quit after a month. (It only took me a day of playing the game on release day to realize it).

Its interesting if you think about it, maybe Darkfall is the only game where people with no lives can actually be more successful than people who are actually better than them (both in life, and in skill level)... for instance, I might be a more skilled gamer than someone else, but because he/she is much more powerful than me, he/she will kill me and take all my gear. I will feel like shit and he/she will be happy about themselves and feel successful. In a way, Darkfall might be the only true philanthropic (in a vampiric way) game that exists... In other games, you can be higher level, but there is nothing to feel good/successful about when you kill someone lower level than you, there is no benefit... but in Darkfall, there is a benefit, so you feel good when you kill someone much lower level than you. Darkfall might be the only game that helps people with no lives feel better about themselves by making them more powerful than everyone else around them. They feel like they are good and successful PVP'ers but really, they are only killing everyone because their character is OP. Now don't get me wrong, I know that they are more powerful because of all the hard work and dedication they put in to perfecting their skill by afk-macroing, glitching mobs, swimming against walls, and casting spells in town all day to raise their skills. But at the same time, I recognize the good that Darkfall is bringing to the world by giving those with all the time in the world the greater advantage in battle. It is quite a noble deed Darkfall is doing by giving to those with less skill and a lot of time a greater advantage in battle. I see the good in it.

Normal User

?

Normal User

ignore that post. i responded to a spammer like a noob. his post was deleted, but for some reason mines was left there, making me look like a dumb dumb.