Normal User

Default Is Darkfall still the same?

I quit Darkfall a long long time ago due to all the Hacking and the lack of GM appropriate response to them... Is it still the same... Tons of hacking going on?

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicRuins View Post
    I quit Darkfall a long long time ago due to all the Hacking and the lack of GM appropriate response to them... Is it still the same... Tons of hacking going on?
    Hacking is non existant these days. Some patch came along a very long time ago and poof.

Normal User US1 Player

Haven't seen one hacker in game in a looooong time, and last time there was one they got banned within an hour or so, not an issue anymore.

Normal User

i wouldnt say theres none, but its no where near as bad as before. you wont run into a speedhacker or w/e every like 2 hours anymore. population isn't as high, and AV has improved somewhat.

Normal User

hmmmm... i may just resub again then... thx for the info guys... i know last time i was playing some douche bags hacked themselves into a mountain and opened up a nexus and starting porting in peps who didnt hack... gm shows up and just destroys the nexus... doesnt ban.. just leaves... then of course every time i went out to farm there was always someone fall hacking riding my back lol

hmmmm... i may just resub again then... thx for the info guys... i know last time i was playing some douche bags hacked themselves into a mountain and opened up a nexus and starting porting in peps who didnt hack... gm shows up and just destroys the nexus... doesnt ban.. just leaves... then of course every time i went out to farm there was always someone fall hacking riding my back lol
    Ya hackers was one of main reasons I quit 2 yrs ago. Ran into a speedhacker everyday. The worst was a dude who was teleporting to my back sticky too and killed me and 10 guildmates, was so sick of it.

Ultima Online 1997-2001 - GL of BEEFCAKES!!!

DFUW: SG of BEEFCAKES!!!
    My Clan BEEFCAKES!!! recruiting True Heroes of Agon link thread:
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...d.php?t=340604

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by dragonx View Post
    Ya hackers was one of main reasons I quit 2 yrs ago. Ran into a speedhacker everyday. The worst was a dude who was teleporting to my back sticky too and killed me and 10 guildmates, was so sick of it.
    same , i quitted back then when i couldnt even farm anymore due to hackers always jumping me from underground.

yeah remember all the hackers but since i came back (about 1month ago) i havent seen any hackers... people may still hack but atleast they only hack in PvE now, i think..
    http://www.twitch.tv/exzear Darkfall Release N Beta stream!

/Exzear TNG, Leader of Norse [EU]

Haven't seen a hacker in over a year now, DF is pretty populated compared to 6-8 months ago. The promotion did bring back a good bit of players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubby Bear View Post
    Its actually Maya game, not meta game. It comes from the ancient Mayan tradition of rubbing 2 phallic sticks together in a ritual simulating the bonding made by warriors battling in the grand arena.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    My mind is like a parachute. It only works if it's open.

When I quit Darkfall about 2 years ago it was quite obvious that there was still no way to efficiently detect and ban hackers in Darkfall. There was not a huge amount of them but the few that actually did hack could roam free for months.

Dont know about now though since the current lack of population in the game has put me off it completely
    Last edited by Captain Kirk; 07-16-2012 at 18:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Kab112 View Post
    Ps. Captain Kirk is awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Heldy View Post
    Captain Kirk <3

1000+

No hacks, but lag switches are cool to use, there are quite a few of em in the game that are well know, gm will just ignore your report and they will just live wild and free.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    Expansion / Relaunch doesn't mean a server wipe but it may give fresh options to new and existing players.
    I'll repeat that we're not going to wipe the servers in case that's still unclear.
    Source: http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...d.php?t=265301

Normal User

I saw a hacker when I was being sneaky in a chaos city, it was just some sort of elevation thing like an infinate jump or something but those crazy speedhackers and 15in1 arrows are all gone.
    Not sure if that thing where you can see players through walls is still around as there was hardly any way to prove that before
    Nao SouthPaw US1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacos
    if you start tricking your users you will feel the consequences later.
    A flu isn't an excuse for delay. It became a game of the community and we're the people who mistreated it.

Quote Originally Posted by bakken View Post
    I saw a hacker when I was being sneaky in a chaos city, it was just some sort of elevation thing like an infinate jump or something but those crazy speedhackers and 15in1 arrows are all gone.
    Not sure if that thing where you can see players through walls is still around as there was hardly any way to prove that before
    THat was the one that really annoyed me, I have the hardest time finding people, so could never understand why I could be dead silent hiding and someone always knew I was there. Or back when I had a house and would be dead silent inside, in the middle even and somehow they knew I was there and would try to mount hack through the wall, or shoot crap through the window.