Page 1 of 11 12 ... LastLast

Default German court rules against circumcision.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18793842

A ban on circumcision in Germany has shocked the nation's Jews and Muslims. The right of parents to make decisions for their children is now under the spotlight.

A court ruling in Germany effectively banning circumcision has united Jews and Muslims in anger - and they are backed by the country's main medical association.

Muslims have warned that the devout will take sons abroad to be circumcised.

Jews have pointed out that attacks on Jewish religious rituals have been an unfortunate part of European history since the Roman times, and say they are dismayed by the latest ban.

The ruling by the district court of Cologne says circumcision "for the purpose of religious upbringing constitutes a violation of physical integrity".

The judgement added: "The child's body is permanently and irreparably changed by the circumcision. This change conflicts with the child's interest of later being able to make his own decision on his religious affiliation."

11,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Emolas View Post
    The judgement added: "The child's body is permanently and irreparably changed by the circumcision. This change conflicts with the child's interest of later being able to make his own decision on his religious affiliation."
    Hard not to agree with that statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

1000+ EU1 Player

never met a jew yet

I can see where there coming from. I think its a slight overreach. Basically its a parental vs childs rights. At what point do parental rights infringe on a childs inherent rights as a human being?

6000+

get shit on...

"but but HISTORY!!11" qq
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilio View Post
    You can't educate people that do not want to be educated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Vertigo View Post
    Dunning-Kruger, showing the internet as a parody of the human race since 1999.

Yeah I read about this. I agree with the ruling but also would like to point out just because someone has had their penis mutilated by crazy religious people doesn't mean said person is forced to remain one of them their entire life.

Didn't I read somewhere that the procedure can help avoid certain things like infection?

Anyways yeah it's a move in the right direction for humanity. It'll be a slow painful process to get everyone off religion.

5000+

The fact the logic behind the ruling wasn't put under any scrutiny or rather picked apart by at least one person leads me to believe they're total retards.

Also, only in Europe.

EDIT: Lol at the people supporting it because they're so pigeon holed at looking at the world they do not realize by the logic behind the ruling is beyond retarded.
    Last edited by Makestro; 07-13-2012 at 13:05.
    Frumpy Lump's rage
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    He said consumers make jobs appear. Let him explain how that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    I've done shit you probably would faint from even thinking
    At least I get to fuck.
    http://www.twitch.tv/makestro

Quote Originally Posted by Makestro View Post
    The fact the logic behind the ruling wasn't put under any scrutiny or rather picked apart by at least one person leads me to believe they're total retards.

Also, only in Europe.
    Seems like the right ruling, going by the law. Should be in most countries. It's not been done before because no child is going to sue their parent once they're old enough.

Tanning mom is a pretty similar case, without the religion, in the US.
    Last edited by Emolas; 07-13-2012 at 13:06.

2000+

Also, only in Europe.
    Only in Europe do we make progress despite religion.

muddymess

5000+

Seems like the right ruling, going by the law. Should be in most countries. It's not been done before because no child is going to sue their parent once they're old enough.
    Yup so no child should be allowed to be operated on because they might not of wanted it. Great progress, bravo to progress.
    Frumpy Lump's rage
    At least I get to fuck.

Yup so no child should be allowed to be operated on because they might not of wanted it. Great progress, bravo to progress.
    There is a difference between a child needing an operation for their overall safety / health and mutilating the penis just because.

When I get kids I'm going to have their legs amputated at different lengths. It's a fashion statement.
    Last edited by Emolas; 07-13-2012 at 13:09.

Do the parents have the right to give their child plastic surgery just because they dont like a babies nose?

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Bainwalker View Post
    There is a difference between a child needing an operation for their overall safety / health and mutilating the penis just because.
    Not all operation are for health/safety reasons you know.
    Frumpy Lump's rage
    At least I get to fuck.

When I get kids I'm going to have their legs amputated at different lengths. It's a fashion statement.
    No man you want to go for the pity card. mutilate your boys just enough so that the chicks when they are older give them pity sex. But not so much they are turned off by the changes to the body.

Thinking ahead now