Normal User

Default Thought darkfall was vapourware lol

Last news i'd heard about darkfall was that there was no new info for game for so long that it much not be coming out. Finally ran across something saying its been out a few years.

How good is the game compared to the others such as WoW and Secret world and guild wars and such? Smooth or very buggy?

Is the game ok to be played solo or am I screwed without a guild? How hard is the gameplay? Is it mostly PvP or is there a good amount of PvE?

Normal User

i dont want to compare this game to other games like WoW because they are very very different. for bugs, its pretty smooth. the most annoying one right now though is a bug with skills, but they said they'll be fixing it soon(tm). its not a gamebreaking bug and can be worked around so you're fine. watch some videos to get a glimpse of what darkfall is like.

you can play the game completely solo, but you'll be very lonely. its better to play in a clan for the resources, good company, and protection. difficulty wise, it can be hard and confusing or it can be simple and straightforward. depends on you. the thing with this game is that you will die alot along with losing many items. also, you will run into many scumbags starting out . play the game, dont give up. the end.

4000+

Either you try it yourself for 10€, price includes client with 1 month sub, or wait for DF2 for a more polished and balanced version.

13,000+

Buy a subscription (client is free) and try yourself, I've played for over 3 years now and nothing compares to this full loot pvp mmo.
    The Swing - IMMORTALS
    Class: Swing
    Roles: 1) Swing Approves
    2) JUST AS PLANNED
    3) No u
    4) Faka you mutha

Solo play is very hard, but you will find your victories are very rewarding.

Enjoy some Trammie Surprise Vids!
    youtube.com/user/trammie65

Normal User

Solo play is not viable in Darkfall , unless you are a masochist and enjoy being zerged / bullied.

Solo play is only preferable once the baggage you acquire from interacting with previous clans reaches a critical mass.

Come, have some fun.
    http://www.geckzilla.com/dfstuff/mem...the_things.gif

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by bobii View Post
    Either you try it yourself for 10€, price includes client with 1 month sub, or wait for DF2 for a more polished and balanced version.
    This, unfortunately no one can be told what Darkfall is, you must experience it for yourself.

Solo life is extremely difficult as the game is primarily centred around group warfare but if you are extremely skilled and have a good toon plus wear very good gear you can carve out a solo path for yourself; You better be good at bunny hopping though to get away from blobs of people or else you'll be donating a lot of gear to outnumbering groups.

-Andrew
    Kimoshu Grakenshalmn

Middleman Rep

best game every when everyone used bow/meele
    Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Playing Darkfall is the most fun I've ever had on a computer with my pants zipped up and both hands on the desk.