Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Why should playing destroyer be equal to playing a mage in all situations, when mages have to use 90 binds and destroyer only 30 or so?

That said, I think Destroyers should have a permanent, low level stone skin buff that doesn't stack. Or something.
    Bomanz Beezlebub, Major Pain in the Ass of zZzZz

Quote Originally Posted by ZtyX View Post
    You're an asshole. I'm a very fair player.

4000+

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
    A good destroy can block and absorb damage long enough to break into melee range with a health advantage. And a few swings to the back or with a staff out and a fight can turn around and end in just a few seconds. Plus arrows are still the best DPS in the game, assuming you land them.
    Health advantage? How? Destroyer probably has around 70%hp left, with 50% stamina.

Get near melee range and mage stormblasts away, try to follow with begone and you fizzle.

Knives are the best DPS in the game, fyi.

Destroyers are only viable in groupfights.
    Last edited by bobii; 07-13-2012 at 10:45.

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by bobii View Post
    Destroyers are only viable in groupfights.
    And we all know DF is about playing alone.
    Gosti Alzeheto

Normal User

Ive almost always played destroyer and can say it is very viable even in a 1v1, providing you are smart and use your surroundings, having a good bow helps alot, but of course you need good aim to compete, your not going to win if you miss 75% of your arrows, unless you manage to get in close with their staff out, against good opponents this will be difficult.

A destroyer in a group is where you will truely shine and is alot of fun.
    Last edited by Perkz; 07-13-2012 at 13:29.
    Roy-Koh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiuyca View Post
    In light of the massive skill gains and everybody having maxed magics, is the melee/archery playstyle still viable? I need to know before I resub.
    Well you have to consider that no one was really pvping much wihtout being maxed, or close to maxed before.

I don't think much has changed in that aspect.

And as for the melee / archery playstyle i personally go fully heavy armored with bow and sword and i've won lots of 1v2's and 1v3's because of the added protections in melee.

Keep in mind that im NOT a destroyer, so i still have selfbuffs and blinds.

And as for you people complaining that you've gotta use magic even when going melee / archery, consider that you've gotta use melee if you go mage aswell.

It's all about using whats good for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by bobii View Post
    knockup/rays as in knockup and/or rays.

spam rays until wof ends, then knockup -> blind -> easymode win
    Someone obviously doesn't know how to play

yes its viable. hybrids are very good atm or you can just go destro but im telling u hybrid is better then destros these days
    http://www.twitch.tv/exzear Darkfall Release N Beta stream!

/Exzear TNG, Leader of Norse [EU]

Quote Originally Posted by Bomanz View Post
    Why should playing destroyer be equal to playing a mage in all situations, when mages have to use 90 binds and destroyer only 30 or so?

That said, I think Destroyers should have a permanent, low level stone skin buff that doesn't stack. Or something.
    because destroyers are risking way better gear, IMO that should have a bigger payoff.

Quote Originally Posted by rootedoak View Post
    I will tolerate them [safe zones], but I feel that they hurt the "essence", the magical feeling, that Darkfall had, the one that captured all of us and kept us watching and waiting for years.

I need to use at least a silverbranch to be competitive though. Destros are still very powerful if you constantly push melee, but if you like to fall back on archery like me, you'll need to try and land at least piercing debuff before you fully engage to outdps a good mage.

Was there anywhere a thread of destro/archery videos compiled? I was watching random ItwasLuck's and other random videos I found on youtube. Watching something old might not be relevant now. Any suggestion for good videos of skilled players playing melee/archery?

Quote Originally Posted by w0rm View Post
    Was there anywhere a thread of destro/archery videos compiled? I was watching random ItwasLuck's and other random videos I found on youtube. Watching something old might not be relevant now. Any suggestion for good videos of skilled players playing melee/archery?
    the new surging melee might put a different spin on it. Hearing you surg every 3-4 swings now which would really help since a few big hits really change a destroyer vs hybrid fight from the hybrid just casually pewpew'ing you to running for his life and casting~ which most scrub hybrids cant pull off well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    the new surging melee might put a different spin on it. Hearing you surg every 3-4 swings now which would really help since a few big hits really change a destroyer vs hybrid fight [...]
    It only surges often on mobs, didn't you know?
    Last edited by Darkwood; 07-15-2012 at 16:35.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falokis View Post
    Appearently, DF is for about 1000 people worldwide. As far as MMORPGs go, that is like masturbation. You are basically playing with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwood View Post
    It only surges often on mobs, didn't you know?
    aah gay. I was distracted by the trade skills so have not even started melee mastery's on this guy yet.

Oh well. I thought that a few extra melee surges was the perfect way to apply pressure to Hybrid's without really changing anything game wise.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiuyca View Post
    In light of the massive skill gains and everybody having maxed magics, is the melee/archery playstyle still viable? I need to know before I resub.
    If your a smart player with good aim and willing to risk good gear melee archery can be great. Problem is most of the people wanting to be melee archery only arnt very good.

No it isn't.

If you want to farm alot compared to a mage everytime you want to PvP because you need the gear to even stand a chance. In bigger group play or sieges it can rape
    Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Playing Darkfall is the most fun I've ever had on a computer with my pants zipped up and both hands on the desk.