Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456 ... LastLast
    1000+

And insta re gearing right
    My Darkfall Videos
    Dufer Bromoon - Digital Dream Team BAWS
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Grandma View Post
    I knew you were bad but now you're retarded too. There's a reason Duelist is played by the majority of the server now and it isn't because it's a balanced class.

Normal User US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Deeeds View Post
    Again... whats wrong with magic being the strongest. Your just like the OP, you hate magic and want something else to be top dog.

Its a bullshit argument, anyone can use magic so it being the strongest is not an issue EVER.

Anyone bitching about knockup and WOFS being powerful? THEN USE THEM URSELF, YOUR ARGUMENTS ARE INVALID JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT MELEE / ARCHERY TO BE BEST IN GAME.
    Wrong. The problem is that it isn't "anyone can use magic," it is, "everyone must use magic."

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Yakri View Post
    Wrong. The problem is that it isn't "anyone can use magic," it is, "everyone must use magic."
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Taco View Post
    Yes the era was pointed out to be the Best Era of Darkfall, ;d the game was so beautiful and everyone was so noobie, and even though AV Failed and released after a Clan Beta? Which gave specific guilds a huge headstart in the game/exploiting knowledge (lol) None the less, the exploiters were hiding exploiting and the game was lively, and you couldn't go far without running into a fight... and each fight brought somethen new... omg this dudes chasin me with a mace, zomg this dudes a fire mage.... zomg i still remember running into krankone hsler the max air mage, jesus he hurt... But then the game continued... and krankone became the everything mage, and made lolful videos of the ridiculousness of his over grinded magix ;d
    Damn man, Im gonna cry

Quote Originally Posted by imperium View Post
    Don't forget that very, very few people "liked" you guys MM was a ton of fun, and it was good taking it from you! Then DF got grindy and boring and macro and what really made me drop the game myself was the old pyramid stacking then everyone casting earthquake with a cancel macro ...
    Ha, the Goon leaders practically begged us daily to join their alliance. They offered us holdings, wealth and all kindsa shit. We turned them down everytime. That's why we were their first target. I later learned from ex-Goons that they ahd whole forums sections and spys and shit dedicated JUST to us. Ha, our only prepping was to do shots over vent...
    Last edited by Belight; 07-20-2012 at 15:49.

Banned

I am sorry, that has interfered... At me a similar situation. It is possible to discuss.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LadyDeath View Post
    Pink!! are you playing now?!?
    Naw

Normal User US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Yakri View Post
    This is false, you just cannot land shots. Archery isnt as gimp as everyone thinks.

Not everyone has to use magic though it is easier to use magic then to actually get good with archery. Truth is if you land 20% of your shots you will compete with / beat a mage every time.

So your post should read: We can't hit with archery as easy as magic, so we have to use it.

Edit: Basically if they take out magic, your gonna be complaining "you HAVE to use archery to be viable, melee is secondary"
    Last edited by Deeeds; 07-21-2012 at 10:44.

There sure is a degree of skill in movement and aim.
    But using cooldowns ( whirlwind included ) correctly and managing multiple spells is also about skill. What should be done if you ask me. Is to add more abilities to melee and archery. Aswel as reducing the amount of "mobility" provided by spells.

If there were more melee spells that would give you say a cooldown controlled sprint, which moved you forward.
    An escape move, which moves you backwards ( hunters in wow).
    Something to slow down your opponent, and mby some sort of aoe attack.
    It doesn't have to be all "realistic" since magic already ain't.
    Throwing your weapon which disarms you for a short while, could even attach a chain to it, to pull your opponent towards you, similar to come heither.

As long as it's only move in, move out, hit, miss, it will only be a circle 8 strafing fight, where both come out even or verry far away depending on protections and gear.

It would however, be nice if more skill was added to magic.

For example, Shields and Wards protections being a directional "cone" of negating force, where a ward could do an AOE effect on a group.
    Suggested by Foggen I think, before Skyrim had it, and you can test it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by TradeCartel View Post
    I walk through the desolate NPC towns quite a bit and see obvious places where there's an Inn or an outdoor cafe, but I can't sit at the table with a group of adventurers in a tavern, have an ale, and share stories of my exploits
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSSzpsU_wdA

1000+

This is false, you just cannot land shots. Archery isnt as gimp as everyone thinks.

Not everyone has to use magic though it is easier to use magic then to actually get good with archery. Truth is if you land 20% of your shots you will compete with / beat a mage every time.

So your post should read: We can't hit with archery as easy as magic, so we have to use it.

Edit: Basically if they take out magic, your gonna be complaining "you HAVE to use archery to be viable, melee is secondary"
    Lol such horseshit.
    # 06:27:40 PM: Owh Wooah are the proud new owners of Eronetil.
    # 06:27:40 PM: Owh Wooah won the challenge against Sick Bastards!

Normal User US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Wooah View Post
    Lol such horseshit.
    The post defines itself. So far all we got on your side is this: Magic ruined mount combat!!!!

Yeah well it also MADE darkfall.

Meenwhile many top players are destro(Because they land at least 15% of shots lol)
    Last edited by Deeeds; 07-21-2012 at 18:47.

Banned

There is something a little harder about aiming a bow with delay... now they added arrows with less arc right? Can we get an instant load time for a bow like rays, and where my crosshair is it hits instantly? Maybe that arrow will fuck up your vision too? Maybe remove the awesome sound ur bow makes while knocking it? lol. Darkfall wasn't made by magic, I remember I got locked up in the navy for a month n a half, and in that time at about 5 months into EU launch no1 really had magic, I came back and the whole game had changed. My clan even questioned if I would like the game any longer. And for good reason. AV had failed to see where their magic would go... somehow they had failed to test it in any form of beta? Magic was the only way, luckily they nerfed the backshots behind ur feet shit, then they made destroyer which made it more acceptable to be melee archer but hmmm it really did suck to be a known destroyer. People just stay out of melee and encircle you and WoF/ray spam pew pew

I'd love to see people using bolts against archery. Something with similar load time, and similar aim style - the arc. It is an FPS after all, and when people were using bolts/archery/melee... aiming and skill > aoe spam/CC knock up spam/ blind spam. If you simply look at it from a small scale/soloer style of play which this game should be available for all styles of play.... the soloer or even a duo of pvpers going out.... the soloer runs into 2 people, the duo runs into 4 people.... Back in the day that meant the larger groups had to be friendly not to friendly fire... and pepper with bolts/archery as their allies go in... Now days its as simple as they have more WoF's, they have more blinds, they have more knock ups, ooo lets not forget AV's epic lets make the game fair giving of stats to everyone in the game.

The fact they have like 32 rays to their 10 available or whatever lolol, they have like 20 knockups to their like 6, and once you get blinded once if they were at all decent you should stay blinded... And the stats... yes it put everyone on a closer to even playing field, but at the same time... now when this solo or duo pvpers run into the out numbered fight, they have so much more fucken hp/stam to tear threw out of each person that it pretty much makes fights constant stat fights, rather than just your health = 0 b/c i hit u a few times in a row lolol

Banned

No, AV Nerfed mounted combat, it was viable after Destroyer came out, so it got nerfed. Was a destroyers trump card to pull on a mage. Why is it so hard for kids like this dude to understand that obviously in a sandbox mmo not everyone is suppose to be a mage You are suppose to go the route you want to go for fun, and everything should be balanced enough or near to it that you can do that. With your inability to see that you would say why ofcourse everyone is suppose to to be using 2hsword/full magic schools spamming fire cc with rays blind. That is what Darkfall was meant to be!

Not only is magic not balanced with archery/melee, they can't even balance the melee weapons vs other melee weapons ;d

The post defines itself. So far all we got on your side is this: Magic ruined mount combat!!!!

Yeah well it also MADE darkfall.

Meenwhile many top players are destro(Because they land at least 15% of shots lol)
    Last edited by Pink Taco; 07-21-2012 at 21:26.

1000+

dudes a retard pink

he obv didnt play when the game took playerskill and his 80 IQ can't really imagine how it was either

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Njai View Post
    M&B mmo you think you could handle 2 people in melee and 4 shooting arrows at you? I got a mixed opinion on df magic but I think it needs to be balanced not removed.
    well obviously you'd tweak it lol
    the only thing i would take from M&B is the melee combat. Ranged & cav combat is so easy mode and "i win" (pretty much like magic in darkfall, actually) in M&B it'd be retarded in an open world setting. darkfall archery system was pretty much perfect in that it was twitchy enough to outplay people and also required very little grind to compete

i seriously believe darkfall would remove magic beyond greater, wipe, relaunch with some advertising and it would proceed to have an healthy pvp centric playerbase. Then they would just have the add some fluff like a great housing system, better crafting/economy to get some sheep to play the game and it'd be doing very very very well.