Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 31213
Results 181 to 190 of 190
  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metalkon View Post
    - Only being able to have one advanced magic school activated at a time.
    - Remove armored casting from the game.
    - Remove fizzles from the game.
    - Remove knockups from the game.
    - Modify a couple spells to balance schools.

    Darkfall 1.0 = in a better state than it is now.
    Personally idc what they do because i have always adapted to the strongest playstyle not bitched about it. But what you just suggestedvwould make magic far worse than destro is now.

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wooah View Post
    dudes a retard pink

    he obv didnt play when the game took playerskill and his 80 IQ can't really imagine how it was either
    I played from the start and was always better than uou and i know for a FACT it takes a shitload more skill to be a top player now than at any other time.

    Melee archery is so simplistic and easy mode after playing with everything the game offers my fingers get bored playing destro and I have to consciously tell my hands and brain to slow down.

    if rays didnt exist i wouldnt even hesitate to go heavy hybrid or destro. But since rays are in and are insta cast it allows for insane skill.

  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Smurf View Post
    I played from the start and was always better than uou and i know for a FACT it takes a shitload more skill to be a top player now than at any other time.

    Melee archery is so simplistic and easy mode after playing with everything the game offers my fingers get bored playing destro and I have to consciously tell my hands and brain to slow down.

    if rays didnt exist i wouldnt even hesitate to go heavy hybrid or destro. But since rays are in and are insta cast it allows for insane skill.
    Allows for that to be the only viable play style, lol call that insane skill if you want... but I think them adding rays is like adding guns to a medieval era mmo lol.

  4. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,255

    Default

    Im actually going to go ahead and call it right now. In df 2 evrryones going to bitch about how light armored pure magic sucks. Im already planning not to be a mage without every school your better off just going easy mode bow melee that will free up mount leans for me too because i wont have to use 5x more binds then the wannabe robinhoods.

    Going to be wierd only having to press 10 buttons to win though. Deffinately going to be a slower paced game df2 especially considering momentum which will prob fuck up sticky backing and cross hair wobble.

    the more i think about what info av released the more i realise its going to be a much slower simpler game.

  5. #185

    Default

    One thing I've noticed from watching top PvP gameplay is that what you eventually end up with is a magical orcs and elves style quake match. You got people bouncing all around the place spamming magical spells while firing a single arrow when whatever they really want to use is on cooldown followed by the signature whirlwind style slash if they ever manage to get close to one another.

    I can't tell you if the current style of gameplay is good or bad because I have not reached that far to experience it myself. From what I've experienced while skilling up it honestly is kinda fun throwing magic missiles then melee spamming until my goblin or whatever runs away only to catch another magic missle in his back. I hate to mention it but it feels like GunZ where you exploited the original system in terms of melee/gunplay then the developers just let it grow into what it became instead of fixing the bugs. They embraced the gameplay style which is a really cool thing to do for their original community but in the long run it caused more harm then good.

    Like I said I can't tell you from personal experience if this playstyle is good or bad. I can tell you this however, the majority will not be able to pick it up and that is a really bad thing for a game that is supposed to be massively multiplayer.

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrScratch View Post
    One thing I've noticed from watching top PvP gameplay is that what you eventually end up with is a magical orcs and elves style quake match. You got people bouncing all around the place spamming magical spells while firing a single arrow when whatever they really want to use is on cooldown followed by the signature whirlwind style slash if they ever manage to get close to one another.

    I can't tell you if the current style of gameplay is good or bad because I have not reached that far to experience it myself. From what I've experienced while skilling up it honestly is kinda fun throwing magic missiles then melee spamming until my goblin or whatever runs away only to catch another magic missle in his back. I hate to mention it but it feels like GunZ where you exploited the original system in terms of melee/gunplay then the developers just let it grow into what it became instead of fixing the bugs. They embraced the gameplay style which is a really cool thing to do for their original community but in the long run it caused more harm then good.

    Like I said I can't tell you from personal experience if this playstyle is good or bad. I can tell you this however, the majority will not be able to pick it up and that is a really bad thing for a game that is supposed to be massively multiplayer.
    The vast majority are vrry happy with current mechanics and dont rven visit these forums. I havnt seen a magic whine tbread in 2 years tbh.

    melee archery is soooo slow compared to magic/melee

  7. #187

    Default

    Vast majority is barely in the hundreds while the game has potential to be in the thousands.

  8. #188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrScratch View Post
    Vast majority is barely in the hundreds while the game has potential to be in the thousands.
    true

  9. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Smurf View Post
    melee archery is soooo slow compared to magic/melee
    Yea... I think that is the point of this thread. You word it as slow...I word it as underpowered. We want them to be on par with one another. That is obviously too much for you to understand with this direct quote.

  10. #190
    Normal User Skoots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    164

    Default

    WTB a Darkfall with Mount and Blade combat
    "He got feet down below his knee"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •