Page 1 of 13 1211 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default The short era before magic fked this game

Yes it existed, compare this video to videos of 5v5 tournys now and you will see a firework show of magic difference ;d This is when the game was all movement/aim and imo skill. The blinds, knock ups, WoF, all of it only fucked this game. I respect confusion for what it is, and that was the only blind kiddos had back then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfXQt...ure=plpp_video

1000+

epic video
    Hunson Abadeer

Banned

lol i remember this, fun times

Normal User

"help me" .. wtb that back

One of my fondest memories of this game is sitting on top of this big ass tree that was over a goblin spawn in elf lands plucking arrows down killing people farming goblins. Did this for near two hours without people realizing it wasn't the goblins killing them.

Fun times.

Normal User EU1 Player

you dont remember early sieges only melee archery and mana missiles was so good! not pussies jumping around like rabbits
    Teh eternal Glory

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by remixark View Post
    you dont remember early sieges only melee archery and mana missiles was so good! not pussies jumping around like rabbits
    Hehe i had those in beta, and allll during launch. They were fun but the game was so fun also in the era of the video he linked. Great times all around.

Hopin to see some more play like that!

Normal User US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by remixark View Post
    True dat! Only prob bak then were all the speed hacks.

As someone who was around back then, I didn't really think it was more skilled. While WoFs and knock ups weren't really prevalent, cycling r50s/r90s with full damage AoEs and no cooldowns were around. Also you could wear heavier armor due to unburden lasting an ungodly amount of time. Aren't you the Mahirim in the video spamming magic, mostly hitting the ground near your opponents? Also, most people didn't even have 1 r50 so it was easy to fight hugely outnumbered.
    Last edited by Fat Sun; 07-11-2012 at 13:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Sun View Post
    Also, most people didn't even have 1 r50 so it was easy to fight hugely outnumbered.
    This, extremely this.

Killing 12 with 2 simply because of lack of magic sucked assholes.

Although I think WoF is retarded as well as blinds should have a slightly longer CD, the game is more skill based than before.

Also, I resubbed and haven't regretted it, even if it's for just a month it's only 10$. PvP at every VCP, cairn/yssam/middle has been poppin', even the starter NPC towns have people in them again.
    Last edited by -=GiMiK=-; 07-11-2012 at 13:53.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubby Bear View Post
    Its actually Maya game, not meta game. It comes from the ancient Mayan tradition of rubbing 2 phallic sticks together in a ritual simulating the bonding made by warriors battling in the grand arena.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    My mind is like a parachute. It only works if it's open.

Normal User

i liked the game when everything was put in perspective.. and every1 wasn't bill gates riding down the street wit a phantom.

haha i see myself in that video, I'm up on the wall spectating

Quote Originally Posted by rootedoak View Post
    I will tolerate them [safe zones], but I feel that they hurt the "essence", the magical feeling, that Darkfall had, the one that captured all of us and kept us watching and waiting for years.

Normal User

good times, good times. but even before that there was just bunnyhopping with archery. and before even that, there were OP naked mana missler hobos. ooo the changing meta.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Sun View Post
    As someone who was around back then, I didn't really think it was more skilled. While WoFs and knock ups weren't really prevalent, cycling r50s/r90s with full damage AoEs and no cooldowns were around. Also you could wear heavier armor due to unburden lasting an ungodly amount of time. Aren't you the Mahirim in the video spamming magic, mostly hitting the ground near your opponents? Also, most people didn't even have 1 r50 so it was easy to fight hugely outnumbered.
    Like he said. Fuck wofs and all the blinds, but other than that the game back then was way easier for players with a character edge. I know since I had 100 fire magic when it was possible to count on one hand the amount of people per alliance with one school at 100. This was just ridiculous.

One of my fondest memories of this game is sitting on top of this big ass tree that was over a goblin spawn in elf lands plucking arrows down killing people farming goblins.