Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Normal User EU1 Player

Exclamation Low FPS on Highend machine

Just bought darkfall only to find lower fps, at around 20-40. I have turned down all the settings at 1080p now im getting 45 fps, I alt tab and see its only using 20% of my gpu. 1.2gb of ram and 5% of my cpu.

My specs are:
    fx-8150 (8 cores @3.6ghz
    radeon hd 6970
    8gb 1600mhz.

How can i fix this, Ive tried using different shaders and lowering the resolution.

Turn off shadows, turn ur object clipping down... vegetation density / size. there are settings listed for optimal in forums somewhere..

Edit: Chat, turn the chat log save time down to like an hour. limit it to the least lines it can save. this is huge btw.
    Last edited by heliumbox; 07-07-2012 at 07:18.

4000+

Your 8-core cpu is probably the problem, you have to wait for DF2 for multicore support.

8-core is useless for games anyway, 4-core is max atm.

Quote Originally Posted by bobii View Post
    Your 8-core cpu is probably the problem, you have to wait for DF2 for multicore support.

8-core is useless for games anyway, 4-core is max atm.
    but its @3.6ghz so I dont see a problem why the fps should be soo low. Also its probably shadows as there are 2 settings for shadows and none should be at maximum but it can be it high without big performance drop comparing to without shadows

EDIT: did you turn your multithreading off? df doesn't support it so its like running 1.8ghz single core processor or even worse.
    Last edited by freakd; 07-07-2012 at 16:59.

4000+

or vsync

or something else

would help alot if OP knew how to do something with computers

Normal User EU1 Player

right guys, its not so bad now, im gettin around 55 fps and 40 in combat.
    I guess i wait for df2 but for now its ok

But it really drops in newer areas

You should be getting MUCH higher FPS. Something is wrong. First thing I would try is exiting the game, going to this place on your hard drive:

%appdata%\Darkfall\Character\0

And just take all those folders (there will be a number corresponding to the character ID of any character you have ever logged in to) and, like, move them to a temporary folder. That way, next time you start DF, all settings will be fresh. Downside is your bank, UI, keybindings... everything will be back at default. If it doesn't fix your FPS, you can move the folders back and get your settings back.

Another idea is that your video card isn't getting enough power. If it's not, then it's throttling down the GPU and hence lower FPS would result. But if you don't have that problem in other games then I doubt that's what's happening. Try my first idea.

incidentally due to av's unique code, intel works best.
    i would go into detail but would be a waste of time.

the bulldozer technology is cute though

Do other newish games run at the FPS they should be?

"Even now, I could cut through the five of you like carving a cake." -Ser Barristan Selmy

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by freakd View Post
    but its @3.6ghz so I dont see a problem why the fps should be soo low. Also its probably shadows as there are 2 settings for shadows and none should be at maximum but it can be it high without big performance drop comparing to without shadows

EDIT: did you turn your multithreading off? df doesn't support it so its like running 1.8ghz single core processor or even worse.
    darkfall sort of uses 2 cores, mainly one. So take that 3.6ghz clock and divide it by 8.

And there you have it, you are using at most a 900mhz CPU, more than likely only a 450mhz core..
    -Pro Bot-

The way I understand it each core is at 3.6, it's not that they all have to work together to reach that. Each one functions at 3.6... I have a quad core at 2.83 and I get like twice as much FPS as he does so something is wrong.

Change your chat saved lines to 200 and the time to 1 hour.

Normal User US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Bot View Post
    darkfall sort of uses 2 cores, mainly one. So take that 3.6ghz clock and divide it by 8.

And there you have it, you are using at most a 900mhz CPU, more than likely only a 450mhz core..
    Jesus. Everybody who doesnt know how cpu chips work get theeee fuck out.

Running logitechs keyboard/mouse? Hyper threading on? Current gpu driver(if you have not updated this in the last few months it might not be up to date) gpu-monitor set to its native resolution/refresh rate?

Like somebody else said check dfs video settings,more then likely your problem is there. The auto gpu tune thingy along with post process effects come default on and you diffently want them off.

And for the tard i quoted- its 4 true cores @ht on gives you 8 cores all running the Blk*multi which is 3.8
    Last edited by Pharaun Mizzrym; 07-08-2012 at 04:29.

Normal User

I must tell you that AMD are a terrible chocie for any gamer.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun Mizzrym View Post
    Jesus. Everybody who doesnt know how cpu chips work get theeee fuck out.

Running logitechs keyboard/mouse? Hyper threading on? Current gpu driver(if you have not updated this in the last few months it might not be up to date) gpu-monitor set to its native resolution/refresh rate?

Like somebody else said check dfs video settings,more then likely your problem is there. The auto gpu tune thingy along with post process effects come default on and you diffently want them off.

And for the tard i quoted- its 4 true cores @ht on gives you 8 cores all running the Blk*multi which is 3.8
    Wrong.

You're not even worth correcting.

Math is hard..
    Last edited by Pro Bot; 07-08-2012 at 20:33.
    -Pro Bot-