Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23
    Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Enticle View Post
    I agree with (L)BS on this one. It's also ridiculous to think you should be able to max out a character in 2 days. Once AV fixes the skill/stat gain bug, it will be a breeze to max everything out. All the information you need is easily available, you can ask questions in chat. Or just simply enjoy the game and explore around and find what works for you.

I don't understand this mentality so many of you have, that if you can't compete with a vet instantly the game is shit. This game has many other reasons to be shit, but the skill and stat gains are good right now.

Even if you were handed a maxed character you would still have to learn the game, and won't be killing vets right away. Takes time to learn the game, and that's part of the fun unless you're a miserable person. Some of the best fun I had in this game was exploring the world with my friends when we first started.
    No you're right you shouldn't be able to max out in 2 days. A month is fine.

I'll tell you where some of this compete with the vets mentality comes from: Darkfall is ONLY PvP. There is ZERO fun to be had pveing in Darkfall. ALL fun content comes from PvP. Cities, guilds, sieges, raids, houses, village caps etc.

This isn't WoW where you can have a blast leveling up with friends in newbie zones or your level zones and have fun not running into level 80s. This isn't some other game where there is actual low level content to be had, fun quests, dungeons, instances, low level raids or just even decent monsters.

ALL of Darkfall's community interaction comes from PvP, other than that you're mindlessly grinding to get to that point. This is a fundamental game flaw that has existed since launch. I was critical of it then, and I remain critical of it now. This is why people want to hit PvP ready status soon, so they can actually play.

Couple this with the fact that this is a full loot game, and many people find it fun to grief new/low players even though they gain nothing from it, and many people get discouraged right away. Why would you loot a guys bone set? I understand its the nature of the game, but this is a GAME, it's supposed to be FUN. There's a reason its dying/dead. Nobody can do anything fun without being a maxed character.

Oh go grind the newbie dungeon for hours? Sit in the same room and kill shit for hours on end? Fun. Go grind the Crog to get magic up? Fun. Hope nobody comes and kills you and takes 2k regs off you? Fun.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaughts View Post
    and yet another retarded veteran who start a new character BUT pumps him with 100k + to speed up the process while also using his years worth of knowledge to try to prove the point that a NEW CLUELESS PLAYER ( and i put some emphasis on the words NEW CLUELESS PLAYER ) can compete within a week.

Nice try bro. you are right though , they somewhat adressed the skill / spells issues but in the end it doesnt have the real desired effect.
    So wrong. Is it that much trouble for you to learn about something?

Quote Originally Posted by Revnovan View Post
    lol! Forget about the fact that your stats still take forever and the magic grind requires a fuckload of gold you will never have. so yeah.
    1 hour 100k easy.. once again the issue is with your intelligence

Oh so because they can make blackbolts easily now and skill up they are pvp ready? forget the lack of gold to put into magic, forget the stat grind, forget the gear grind, forget all that, they can shoot maxed out mana missiles faster.
    Blackbolts were easy to make 3 years ago.

Yeah? You think it's gonna be a weekend to get your stats to 100?

You think a new player who doesn't understand that it's better to grind the fucking NEWBIE DUNGEON than it is to go venture out into the world and kill real monsters for money is going to make money? This is a MAJOR game flaw. Most people in their general playing of this game won't make any money. You have to go on the forums or ask someone smart how to make money in this game, you can't just go about your business killing shit and hope to have enough money to skill up, especially if you start with your title quest mobs like most people will....maybe....but if you just do your town progression quests like most people would do, you will be broke.
    No wonder your mad. You actually think useful information can be found on the forums.

Hint: Its called a clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Knives View Post
    Nah, why waste time with DF1 when DF2 is so close. I'd rather stick to D3 in its horrid state right now. At least it's better than deadfall.
    Honestly, we will live without you. Enjoy the handouts in Diablo.

And fyi, if you think diablo is better than darkfall in ANY state, just stop checking the forums. 2.0 is not for you. It will never be for you.
    -Pro Bot-

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Bot View Post

1 hour 100k easy..
    lol.

I've played countless MMOs, from Asheron's Call to WoW. You think this is the best game? Is that why we have unpopulated servers and other games still have thriving communities? Asheron's Call had worse pvp penalties than this game and I didn't have to go online to read about how to grind my character up. I just went out in the world and killed shit. No problem. I spawned in holtburg which was camped 24/7 and a PvP warzone. Hell I leveled to level 12 just purely on PvP experience. I reached level 87 or something in AC and this was way way before level extension or anyone was 126. To say I'm some sorta noob is your cop out fanboy way of arguing. No game should require you to go spend hours reading about how to grind your fucking character before you can play.
    What are you talking about dude ?
    You don't HAVE to read anything. You can just as well well go out, kill shit and level up your skills just fine.

However, if you're a cry baby who doesn't want to play the game it was meant to be, just max out the character asap and then PVP for a couple of weeks and quit then yes, you have to find out how to do it.
    How to be Ray Pew[NA1]

My Videos Older vids

Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    drinking gets in the way of my lifting

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaughts View Post
    lol.
    He's right, it's doable ( not easy though )
    How to be Ray Pew[NA1]

My Videos Older vids

Normal User

I just want to say thank you to the OP. I will be resubbing tonight.

And cheers to the first positive post I have seen in over a year.

-Hank-

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Bot View Post
    So wrong. Is it that much trouble for you to learn about something?

Blackbolts were easy to make 3 years ago.

No wonder your mad. You actually think useful information can be found on the forums.

Hint: Its called a clan.

Honestly, we will live without you. Enjoy the handouts in Diablo.

And fyi, if you think diablo is better than darkfall in ANY state, just stop checking the forums. 2.0 is not for you. It will never be for you.
    I'm not mad. I joined a clan. i personally am having no difficulties, but maybe if this game is so perfect------why is nobody playing?

I'm not mad. I joined a clan. i personally am having no difficulties, but maybe if this game is so perfect------why is nobody playing?
    No one says the game is perfect. Only saying the points you're making aren't really valid. But to answer your question:

1) It's not being advertised/marketed. Have you actually met any gamer irl who even heard of Darkfall ?

2) But the main reason is because developers have abandoned it. There haven't been any new additions to the game in a looong time. AV's working on another game and they're not hiding it. Once DF2 is out and IF AV starts advertizing me we'll see a whole new side of the game.
    How to be Ray Pew[NA1]

My Videos Older vids

Normal User US1 Player

I've played countless MMOs, from Asheron's Call to WoW. You think this is the best game? Is that why we have unpopulated servers and other games still have thriving communities? Asheron's Call had worse pvp penalties than this game and I didn't have to go online to read about how to grind my character up. I just went out in the world and killed shit. No problem. I spawned in holtburg which was camped 24/7 and a PvP warzone. Hell I leveled to level 12 just purely on PvP experience. I reached level 87 or something in AC and this was way way before level extension or anyone was 126. To say I'm some sorta noob is your cop out fanboy way of arguing. No game should require you to go spend hours reading about how to grind your fucking character before you can play.
    ^

I know its hard to accept it but some people are just carebears. I am a average player and I was destroyer and far from rich and died more then I killed and barely looted in group fights.

I didn't want to touch magic for like 2 years and still had fun dying to people with crazy magic and gear.

I would lose every encounter involving dhw and zealot and would be like damn I NEED MORE PRACTICE. Not none of this bullshit they only beat me because gear and character. I still am shit at dueling.

So this is a message to all the bad players out there, you don't need to be good or have a maxed out character.

There are many reasons NOT to play df but skill/stat/gear grind is not one of them.
    Based God

ベースの神

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Njai View Post
    I know its hard to accept it but some people are just carebears. I am a average player and I was destroyer and far from rich and died more then I killed and barely looted in group fights.

I didn't want to touch magic for like 2 years and still had fun dying to people with crazy magic and gear.

I would lose every encounter involving dhw and zealot and would be like damn I NEED MORE PRACTICE. Not none of this bullshit they only beat me because gear and character. I still am shit at dueling.

So this is a message to all the bad players out there, you don't need to be good or have a maxed out character.

There are many reasons NOT to play df but skill/stat/gear grind is not one of them.
    QFT.

Newbies, if you play the game, then really PLAY the game. don't worry about your darkfall ego that you don't deserve to have yet.

you need money for gear and regs? then go farm. need stats? then go grind/swim/meditate. skills? go grind and hear constant dings from 20x gains. and while you constantly play, your mechanics will become better and your knowledge will increase. Dying a lot? good, learn from it and also get use to it. Cause once you get use to it, you will be unstoppable my friend. Become like Goku.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by vanyok View Post
    No one says the game is perfect. Only saying the points you're making aren't really valid. But to answer your question:

1) It's not being advertised/marketed. Have you actually met any gamer irl who even heard of Darkfall ?

2) But the main reason is because developers have abandoned it. There haven't been any new additions to the game in a looong time. AV's working on another game and they're not hiding it. Once DF2 is out and IF AV starts advertizing me we'll see a whole new side of the game.
    oh yeah i'm sure if they dropped $$ in marketting we would have a thriving community

Normal User

Welcome to the forum.

Everything you have on you and is not in your bank is not yours, because anyone can at any time kill you and take it from your corpse.