Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Enticle View Post
    I agree with (L)BS on this one. It's also ridiculous to think you should be able to max out a character in 2 days. Once AV fixes the skill/stat gain bug, it will be a breeze to max everything out. All the information you need is easily available, you can ask questions in chat. Or just simply enjoy the game and explore around and find what works for you.

I don't understand this mentality so many of you have, that if you can't compete with a vet instantly the game is shit. This game has many other reasons to be shit, but the skill and stat gains are good right now.

Even if you were handed a maxed character you would still have to learn the game, and won't be killing vets right away. Takes time to learn the game, and that's part of the fun unless you're a miserable person. Some of the best fun I had in this game was exploring the world with my friends when we first started.
    That's the most reasonable post i've seen in a long time, and i agree.

If you STILL think skilling / leveling up is too hard, then this game just isnt for you. Go play CoD or some other game.

1000+

I love how people want to be able to compete with vets in less then one week. Try playing any skillbased game and you'll find yourself playing for years without getting anywhere near the best players in that game. But people want a maxxed char when they start and they think that will make them gods and best pvper in the game.
    Hallibo Dux - EU

Hallibo Asdf - NA

Quote Originally Posted by muppJEAVEL View Post
    I love how people want to be able to compete with vets in less then one week. Try playing any skillbased game and you'll find yourself playing for years without getting anywhere near the best players in that game. But people want a maxxed char when they start and they think that will make them gods and best pvper in the game.
    they are all coming from games where you alt tab target and press 123 over and over what do you expect

Normal User US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonox View Post
    It's still magefall. Grinding magic is so easy...but what if I don't like magic. Imagine that.
    I played as a destroyer at least a year before i quit in 11'. I was/am tempted to go back to destroyer since you could easily max every skill/spell open to destroyers, and I always wondered how destroyer would be with everything surging but I plan on doing a lot of soloing and its just easier as a hybrid.

So again, really no excuse not to play. Not saying DF is now amazing or anything, but its not the complete pos it was.

Normal User

If you need gold try selling or trading for siege hammers or siege hammer mats. Go cap villages naked they go up every 6 hours people can't keep up capping them. You will make lots of old and rare ores that you can also sell for more gold. Also mix in dungeon farming and turn in all the veilron keys you are getting for more gold/mats. You just need enough gold to stay afloat and be able to meditate when logged off.

Also once you get leveled a little try menhirs(stoneguards preferred). They have no ranged attack and are weak to acid. I leveled on these for a long time you will make good money and max earth magic in no time and if you are good at kiting or find a perch they won't ever even ouch you
    Last edited by Ron Mexico; 07-06-2012 at 17:19.
    Traducer Wifestealer - NOX
    Ron Mexico - NME

They can give me a maxed out character with infinite gold if they want to its not going to make the least bit of difference.

The grind was never the real issue and AV is either too stupid to figure that out or just ignoring it at this point.
    Last edited by Captain Kirk; 07-06-2012 at 17:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Kab112 View Post
    Ps. Captain Kirk is awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Heldy View Post
    Captain Kirk <3

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Knives View Post
    Nah, why waste time with DF1 when DF2 is so close. I'd rather stick to D3 in its horrid state right now. At least it's better than deadfall.
    DF2.0 is not close at all.

D3 is worse than Darkfall ever was and had me quit the game way faster.

D2 was terrible as well but people have the memories of fun times (with friends) in a game that didn't have competitors at the time.

The grind is part of the problem, but only half. The other half is not enough (or not focused enough) community-designated, locations of interest.
    Last edited by Shaoz; 07-06-2012 at 17:40.
    Shao Kahn - Defiance

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
    If you need gold try selling or trading for siege hammers or siege hammer mats. Go cap villages naked they go up every 6 hours people can't keep up capping them. You will make lots of old and rare ores that you can also sell for more gold. Also mix in dungeon farming and turn in all the veilron keys you are getting for more gold/mats. You just need enough gold to stay afloat and be able to meditate when logged off.

Also once you get leveled a little try menhirs(stoneguards preferred). They have no ranged attack and are weak to acid. I leveled on these for a long time you will make good money and max earth magic in no time and if you are good at kiting or find a perch they won't ever even ouch you
    Menhirs are always camped. and if not camped , you are lucky to stay alive 30 because of roamers constantly checking the spawn on their VCP trip.

It's still magefall. Grinding magic is so easy...but what if I don't like magic. Imagine that.
    Don't use it ?
    Some of the best players on NA server are Destroyers ( melee/ archery players ).

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaughts View Post
    and yet another retarded veteran who start a new character BUT pumps him with 100k + to speed up the process while also using his years worth of knowledge to try to prove the point that a NEW CLUELESS PLAYER ( and i put some emphasis on the words NEW CLUELESS PLAYER ) can compete within a week.
    This doesn't make any sense. Why would a new clueless player be on the same level as a knowledgeable vet within a week? huh ?

I'm really curious what would you want to see?
    Do you expect everyone to start the game with the same amount of HP, tools, skills and spells? I'm sorry, most of us want to play an MMO and enjoy leveling the character. Not too crazy of a grind what it was when DFO first came out but yes, work on the character is a must.

Since playing Darkfall I probably went through 10 different FPS shooter games where everyone starts on the same level.

Guess what ? Those get boring quick. Even oh so popular DayZ got boring because there is no goal to play towards. I killed a few players and a few zombies... now what ?

Darkfall on the other hand I've been playing for almost 3 years now and that's because there is work to do on my character.
    Last edited by vanyok; 07-06-2012 at 18:24.
    How to be Ray Pew[NA1]

My Videos Older vids

Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    drinking gets in the way of my lifting

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by vanyok View Post
    Don't use it ?
    Some of the best players on NA server are Destroyers ( melee/ archery players ).
    and they are also the richest and have no problem paying for their uber gear.

Do not purposly avoid to mention this please ; it's not very honest of you.

Last edited by vanyok; 07-06-2012 at 18:24.
    How to be Ray Pew[NA1]

My Videos Older vids

Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    drinking gets in the way of my lifting

Normal User

Didn't mention the huge money gap and disadvantage it is being a destroyer did ya.

Therein lies the problem.

Great guide will definately help those people actually interested in game.

Mods please ban the trolls from forums thnx.

Enjoy some Trammie Surprise Vids!
    youtube.com/user/trammie65

Normal User US1 Player

Didn't mention the huge money gap and disadvantage it is being a destroyer did ya.

Therein lies the problem.
    because gear & cash was never a huge problem, even solo. The same perfect grind spots I used over a year ago are still open now. Because people like you are still not smart enough to look around for the less obivous choices.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Smurf View Post
    god forbid a new player take an hour to read the readily available information so they can grind at max efficiency.

are you the spokes person for the stupid lazy cunts united group or something? fuck off noob df is the only game worth playing if your still not satisfied and need someone to hold your hand while they whipe your ass go play a fucking theme park wow clone. people like you ard the only valid arguement against darwinism and are the only reason evolution is considered theory instead of fact.

survival of the fittest my ass; go drown in a puddle sub human
    I've played countless MMOs, from Asheron's Call to WoW. You think this is the best game? Is that why we have unpopulated servers and other games still have thriving communities? Asheron's Call had worse pvp penalties than this game and I didn't have to go online to read about how to grind my character up. I just went out in the world and killed shit. No problem. I spawned in holtburg which was camped 24/7 and a PvP warzone. Hell I leveled to level 12 just purely on PvP experience. I reached level 87 or something in AC and this was way way before level extension or anyone was 126. To say I'm some sorta noob is your cop out fanboy way of arguing. No game should require you to go spend hours reading about how to grind your fucking character before you can play.