Results 1 to 15 of 44

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Normal User US1 Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    14

    Exclamation New/old players- You can be pvp ready in a weekend

    EDIT~ I started a fresh account, with zero help (nobody I knows plays anymore) and zero gold/buffs from anybody. If your having trouble getting cash, you can check my second post below.

    Just wanted people who were like me, droping by the forums randomly or people on the fence about this new promo that you can be pvp ready in a weekend.

    ...and I'm not talking about that nonsense people would post pre-promo before (ready in a month), I'm talking~


    -multi weapon masteries (about 30 mins per for 100/50)

    -tailoring @ 100 for bone armor (500 gold and maybe 30 mins)

    -Alchemy @ 50 for Blackbolts (10 mins, FREE- I used the wood from the starter quest, 19 wood and the starter quest iron reward)

    -Magic is so fast, I'm just trying to map out the quickest way to my perfered spells (example- lesser magic/greater magic 100 in maybe 15 mins)


    I rerolled each free promo day and had 330 hps on my dwarf in about 3 hours of just messing around. Stats were in the low 40's but raise quickly (as long as the skill you are using to effect them is going from 0 to 99, it gets the x20)

    Edit(2) I sat in the starter dungeon queen room (capital cities) and grinded melee on the queen + 2 guards semi naked (starter quest leather, and I started with faster weapons at first so I could make bone with the 500 or so gold since those mobs drop/skin for bone). The spwn is almost instant, I had trouble keeping up. I sold the gems for skill costs (hard to count but its a easy 1k per 30 mins, more then enough to buy weapon skills)/rinse & repeat.

    When that got old, I started the kolbold title quest and I sold the portal shards (500 gld) & mystery essance (10k' ish) from kolbold shamans in the starter areas. I was surprised to see them drop these , but it I only needed a few drops to keep my skill purchases going.


    This is probably the first positive post I've done on these forums, and I went into this thinking that having to grind up again to where I was last year or so (max hps, pretty close to max spells) was going to be horrible, but the game is very enjoyable now and the only thing you find hard is paying for the flood of skills & spells you will acquire. I rerolled without even thinking twice about it.
    Last edited by Pharaun Mizzrym; 07-06-2012 at 16:55.

  2. #2
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun Mizzrym View Post
    Just wanted people who were like me, droping by the forums randomly or people on the fence about this new promo that you can be pvp ready in a weekend.

    ...and I'm not talking about that nonsense people would post pre-promo before (ready in a month), I'm talking~

    -multipile weapon masteries (about 30 mins per for 100/50)

    -tailoring @ 100 for bone armor (500 gold and maybe 30 mins)

    -Alchemy @ 50 for Blackbolts (10 mins, FREE- I used the wood from the starter quest, 19 wood and the starter quest iron reward)

    -Magic is so fast, I'm just trying to map out the quickest way to my perfered spells (example- lesser magic/greater magic 100 in maybe 15 mins)

    I rerolled each free promo day and had 330 hps on my dwarf in about 3 hours of just messing around. Stats were in the low 40's but raise quickly (as long as the skill you are using to effect them is going from 0 to 99, it gets the x20)

    This is probably the first positive post I've done on these forums, and I went into this thinking that having to grind up again to where I was last year or so (max hps, pretty close to max spells) was going to be horrible, but the game is very enjoyable now and the only thing you find hard is paying for the flood of skills & spells you will acquire. I rerolled without even thinking twice about it.
    and yet another retarded veteran who start a new character BUT pumps him with 100k + to speed up the process while also using his years worth of knowledge to try to prove the point that a NEW CLUELESS PLAYER ( and i put some emphasis on the words NEW CLUELESS PLAYER ) can compete within a week.

    Nice try bro. you are right though , they somewhat adressed the skill / spells issues but in the end it doesnt have the real desired effect.
    Last edited by Onslaughts; 07-06-2012 at 00:34.

  3. #3
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    99

    Default

    lol! Forget about the fact that your stats still take forever and the magic grind requires a fuckload of gold you will never have. so yeah.

  4. #4
    Normal User US1 Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Onslaughts View Post
    and yet another retarded veteran who start a new character BUT pumps him with 100k + to speed up the process while also using his years worth of knowledge to try to prove the point that a NEW CLUELESS PLAYER ( and i put some emphasis on the words NEW CLUELESS PLAYER ) can compete within a week.

    Nice try bro. you are right though , they somewhat adressed the skill / spells issues but in the end it doesnt have the real desired effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revnovan View Post
    lol! Forget about the fact that your stats still take forever and the magic grind requires a fuckload of gold you will never have. so yeah.
    if you guys spent a little more time learning the game, and a little less time talking trash on the forums this wouldnt come as a surprise to you.

    I posted this just so the new guys might understand that now armor/staffs/skills are all very easy to acquire and its almost a enjoyable game now. I say almost because it will be curious to see how sieges with all the high magic flying around is going to be like.
    Last edited by Pharaun Mizzrym; 07-06-2012 at 00:48.

  5. #5
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun Mizzrym View Post
    if you guys spent a little more time learning the game, and a little less time talking trash on the forums this wouldnt come as a surprise to you.

    I posted this just so the new guys might understand that now armor/staffs/skills are all very easy to acquire and its almost a enjoyable game now. I say almost because it will be curious to see how sieges with all the high magic flying around is going to be like.
    Oh so because they can make blackbolts easily now and skill up they are pvp ready? forget the lack of gold to put into magic, forget the stat grind, forget the gear grind, forget all that, they can shoot maxed out mana missiles faster.

  6. #6
    Normal User Amesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revnovan View Post
    lol! Forget about the fact that your stats still take forever and the magic grind requires a fuckload of gold you will never have. so yeah.
    I can agree that there is still somewhat a stat grind for some stats (quickness mainly) but it is not that bad.

    + It is not fuckload of gold for magic. I surged all of the magic schools other than arcane (which is 75) in 2 days with under 30k gold worth of regs. (Not including spell purchase costs).

    Once you have melee mastery you can get the money to surge all your magic schools and buy the spells in 1 day easily, I am not even a Vet, I have little experience with most of the mobs in the game yet I found it a breeze.

  7. #7
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amesy View Post
    I can agree that there is still somewhat a stat grind for some stats (quickness mainly) but it is not that bad.

    + It is not fuckload of gold for magic. I surged all of the magic schools other than arcane (which is 75) in 2 days with under 30k gold worth of regs. (Not including spell purchase costs).

    Once you have melee mastery you can get the money to surge all your magic schools and buy the spells in 1 day easily, I am not even a Vet, I have little experience with most of the mobs in the game yet I found it a breeze.
    Yeah? You think it's gonna be a weekend to get your stats to 100?

    You think a new player who doesn't understand that it's better to grind the fucking NEWBIE DUNGEON than it is to go venture out into the world and kill real monsters for money is going to make money? This is a MAJOR game flaw. Most people in their general playing of this game won't make any money. You have to go on the forums or ask someone smart how to make money in this game, you can't just go about your business killing shit and hope to have enough money to skill up, especially if you start with your title quest mobs like most people will....maybe....but if you just do your town progression quests like most people would do, you will be broke.

  8. #8
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    405

    Default

    It's still magefall. Grinding magic is so easy...but what if I don't like magic. Imagine that.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revnovan View Post
    Yeah? You think it's gonna be a weekend to get your stats to 100?

    You think a new player who doesn't understand that it's better to grind the fucking NEWBIE DUNGEON than it is to go venture out into the world and kill real monsters for money is going to make money? This is a MAJOR game flaw. Most people in their general playing of this game won't make any money. You have to go on the forums or ask someone smart how to make money in this game, you can't just go about your business killing shit and hope to have enough money to skill up, especially if you start with your title quest mobs like most people will....maybe....but if you just do your town progression quests like most people would do, you will be broke.
    god forbid a new player take an hour to read the readily available information so they can grind at max efficiency.

    are you the spokes person for the stupid lazy cunts united group or something? fuck off noob df is the only game worth playing if your still not satisfied and need someone to hold your hand while they whipe your ass go play a fucking theme park wow clone. people like you ard the only valid arguement against darwinism and are the only reason evolution is considered theory instead of fact.

    survival of the fittest my ass; go drown in a puddle sub human
    Last edited by Battle Smurf; 07-06-2012 at 09:26.

  10. #10
    4000+
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,490

    Default

    1 hour melee grind for 50 mastery + 5k gold for Destroyer + r60 = 70dmg backhits on maxed buffed boneset mages, sounds viable in groupfights IMO.

    Also, some noob made shitload of Meat Stew by farming newbie dungeon and sold them for 60g each, good money.

  11. #11
    Normal User barrye8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Doesn't cost much for a siege hammer. Do 2 or 4 vcp = 30k at least. I capped two the other day, next day had 24k in my bag!

    They go live so often there always a few quiet ones.

  12. #12
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    172

    Default

    I just want to say thank you to the OP. I will be resubbing tonight.

    And cheers to the first positive post I have seen in over a year.

    -Hank-

  13. #13

    Default

    Everything you have on you and is not in your bank is not yours, because anyone can at any time kill you and take it from your corpse.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •