55 str/vit
    45 quick
    80 int

100 all magics,
    75 GM Mana Efficiency
    75 intense fire/air/water

55+ mastery in bow/sword/2hsword/GA/dagger

100 enchant, 50 weapon/armor mastery

Cost: 20 hours and about 400k gold (this includes buying skills/upgrading)
    ONLY issue I will have is getting quick higher and reaching 375 health. Might take me a couple more days.

Anyone complaining about not being able to compete....
    HO yhea , nice try bro.

Normal User

Stop the whining.
    He gave accurate numbers. It's not like he hid the fact he used 400k.

Also, notice how he did some crafting: 100 enchanting and 50 weapon/armor mastery.
    There is probably some trueforge as well?

I wonder how much it would cost without the crafting skills, could OP give us an estimate of that?

Any decent clan power levels their new recruits. Even I did this despite never having more than 100k to my name. We even used to make donations to NEW in addition to our own recruits.
    Any decent MMO player knows how to find a clan and be social enough to warrant the efforts of his mates..

Before the meditation patch and the previous skill gain increase, it took 2 weeks of power levelling at 4-5h a day to reach half of what he accomplished in 2 days without the crafting.
    Since then, skill gains got multiplied by 40.

It's good to know how much effort is necessary nowadays, as a noob trainer.
    Frosth Norris, Leader of Order of the Pathways
    We're recruiting!

ONLY issue I will have is getting quick higher and reaching 375 health. Might take me a couple more days.

If you have a friend who already plays, its not such a big deal.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Frosth View Post
    Stop the whining.
    He gave accurate numbers. It's not like he hid the fact he used 400k.

Also, notice how he did some crafting: 100 enchanting and 50 weapon/armor mastery.
    There is probably some trueforge as well?

I wonder how much it would cost without the crafting skills, could OP give us an estimate of that?

Any decent clan power levels their new recruits. Even I did this despite never having more than 100k to my name. We even used to make donations to NEW in addition to our own recruits.
    Any decent MMO player knows how to find a clan and be social enough to warrant the efforts of his mates..

Before the meditation patch and the previous skill gain increase, it took 2 weeks of power levelling at 4-5h a day to reach half of what he accomplished in 2 days without the crafting.
    Since then, skill gains got multiplied by 40.

It's good to know how much effort is necessary nowadays, as a noob trainer.
    if only you were right , but you arent. your numbers are wrong simply. you purposly ignore tons of factors like clan's who control certain areas. You seems to also imply that having 400k and the necessary mats / gear to efficiently train is not a factor , when in reality , it litteraly cut the grind by 60% right at the begining.

Try to stay objective and you might end up seeing how the reality is for a new player.

And you also imply that everyone in darkfall are kind by nature and help others , let me laugh a bit here. you are more likely to get killed for your bone set at a new player spawn than to find people willing to give their time to help you. For the record im someone very social , and i had no problem finding a guild wich gave me 100k to help train. even that money wasnt enough to cover my spells / , skills , regs and gear. im walking around in banded and r50 non keened and if i basicly meet anyone decently geared . i'll get killed , ill have to grind some hours again to buy those tools , therefore making the whole grind process even more long.

Normal User

here how about a post from me, someone who still thinks the stat grind needs to be upp'd....just because I'm lazy/it will take around 1.5 weeks to finish my character.

16 hours of play time, played only this character, had very little help, 5k starter gold, and a 300~ dura of each type of weapon excluding staffs 600~

63 str
    57 vit
    36 dex
    45 quickness
    39 int
    37 wis

these are my stats after 16 hours of playtime, I'm a destro meaning I have not bothered with maxing my int yet by spamming spells because that will be the fastest grind and I dont mind saving that for last. I do however have ALL destro spells ready.

I have farmed 100k gold, a bunch of enchant mats/keys/runestones, I have spent 40k gold on skills and meditation. By the end of todays 8 hour grind session Ill be around 75+ str and 68+ vit. Tomorrow I'll aim for 85/75 and then start my magic grind. By the time I start grinding magic I'll most likely have 200k+ gold in the bank, and probably will only have to spend 60k-80k gold of that (and I doubt that much since from the mobs I farm I have 1.8k nacre, 1.4k bone, and 1.2k sulfur already) into maxing my magic, getting int to 75, all while making some additional gold as I level the bolts/90s/50s/fields. By Tuesday or Wednesday next week I'll most likely be good to go except for quickness, which will take another week of meditation to get 100 at the least.

edit: might I add the first 4 hours of farming I made little gold, probably 3-5k an hour and then now its much higher, 10k-20k farming mobs I can take on now. All leveling/farming has been done solo.

edit#2: New players, use the yourmom darkfall map to find mobs near you, decent drops, decent health, and go to stronger ones as you gain more health/mastery/etc. That is what I have done.
    Last edited by WonderBread; 07-07-2012 at 17:05.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderBread View Post
    had very little help, 5k starter gold,

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Ranger View Post
    are u seriously confused? 5k gold? go farm in a starter dungeon for 1 hour and tadda... fine we'll say 17 hours then, kid.

Normal User

I have farmed 100k gold, a bunch of enchant mats/keys/runestones, I have spent 40k gold on skills and meditation. By the end of todays 8 hour grind session Ill be around 75+ str and 68+ vit. Tomorrow I'll aim for 85/75 and then start my magic grind. By the time I start grinding magic I'll most likely have 200k+ gold in the bank, and probably will only have to spend 60k-80k gold of that (and I doubt that much since from the mobs I farm I have 1.8k nacre, 1.4k bone, and 1.2k sulfur already) into maxing my magic, getting int to 75, all while making some additional gold as I level the bolts/90s/50s/fields. By Tuesday or Wednesday next week I'll most likely be good to go except for quickness, which will take another week of meditation to get 100 at the least.
    So you used your years worth of pve knowledge to farm the most efficient spot and yet you think this is representative of the reality of a new player ?

Were you in a clan ? were you in an area controlled by this clan , therefore alot more safe than a new player who dont know anyone ingame yet ?

You should also consider that not all clans are equal in numbers / veterans and economic power , therefore some smaller clans cant flourish like you would think they actually do.
    Last edited by Onslaughts; 07-07-2012 at 18:30.

Gains are fine, just need to fix all the masteries and we should be all set.

Remember, your stat gains stop going fast once you hit that "messed up skill gains" wall, so once that's fixed we should be golden.

2000+

Are people actually whining about progression now?

Most of the skill needed to play darkfall isn't skill levels, but player skill. Duel, duel, duel, duel and duel some more. Pvp whenever you can, always gear up, never run, learn by doing.

muddymess

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by muddymess View Post
    Are people actually whining about progression now?

Most of the skill needed to play darkfall isn't skill levels, but player skill. Duel, duel, duel, duel and duel some more. Pvp whenever you can, always gear up, never run, learn by doing.
    Read the thread again before posting stupid stuff , thanks.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaughts View Post
    So you used your years worth of pve knowledge to farm the most efficient spot and yet you think this is representative of the reality of a new player ?

Were you in a clan ? were you in an area controlled by this clan , therefore alot more safe than a new player who dont know anyone ingame yet ?

You should also consider that not all clans are equal in numbers / veterans and economic power , therefore some smaller clans cant flourish like you would think they actually do.
    I have pve knowledge, but it does not really help me in the starting situation everyone is put in. I looked up yourmom map for ~200 hp mobs that dropped decent loot, that also was close to my starting location. Things like, when to back out of a spawn, knowing what load lag is, and stating well is what experience has helped me. Everything else was answered, it was done solo, and it was done in areas i found on the map near my starting location.

edit: please read my posts WITHOUT the filter in your mind of "new players cannot progress in this game, its too hard, its too long, etc" thanks ...also might i add its been a year since i've played
    Last edited by WonderBread; 07-07-2012 at 19:00.

Normal User

I have pve knowledge, but it does not really help me in the starting situation everyone is put in. I looked up yourmom map for ~200 hp mobs that dropped decent loot, that also was close to my starting location. Things like, when to back out of a spawn, knowing what load lag is, and stating well is what experience has helped me. Everything else was answered, it was done solo, and it was done in areas i found on the map near my starting location.

edit: please read my posts WITHOUT the filter in your mind of "new players cannot progress in this game, its too hard, its too long, etc" thanks
    I read all the posts with an open mind.

So once you'll be done with the low level grind and that your stats will be decent enough to pvp , where will you find your rares ores to make any decent gear ? Keep in mind that you are a new player.

*EDIT* i can already predict your generic answer here ;

A - try to cap a village naked with only a siege hammer or battlespikes.

( my answer ) Yes indeed , this seems feseable , but in all honesty , it's just a matter of luck , you either face competition and cant do much about it or you are lucky and end up capping a vcp naked. either way i personally think this is plainly boring for a new player to hope to get gear by capping stuff naked at 4h00 am in the morning. for exemple in the last 3 days i tried at least a dozen off time , and i always faced competition because veterans seeks pvp at those village.

B - try to raid a clan mine.

( my answer ) again this is all about luck , there are no real player skill involved here since clan cities see people entering their grid in the system , and most big clans out there have shout bots that even warn the entire alliance as soon as someone enter an empty city. AND that's if those clans dont use afk alts to keep the mine empty.

C - go kill some golems.

Again most ore golems are already camped by the higher guilds , i personally checked most of them and you are really lucky to be left alone for 10-15 minute at those spots.

D - buy it.

Well a new player struggle to buy his gear , buying rare ores is out the question , considering that the market for those is already saturated , there's too much demand compared to the offer.

Solution ; Add 4x to 8x global loot to rare ores on normal iron vein in the wilderness ; this way , new players would be able to just go out and mine to get gear , and at the same time i would encourage players to go out of cities to mine. it would stimulate the economy for vets and new players alike , while also helping the pkers find new victim out there in the wilderness.
    Last edited by Onslaughts; 07-07-2012 at 19:11.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaughts View Post
    I read all the posts with an open mind.

So once you'll be done with the low level grind and that your stats will be decent enough to pvp , where will you find your rares ores to make any decent gear ? Keep in mind that you are a new player.
    This is funny because I just thought about this since I'll have to get rares for my pvp sets..

A few ways you can do this or at least how i thought about solving the problem:

playervendors.com ill be purchasing them with the gold i farm(ed) mostly from the cheapest vendors/closest vendors
    post on forums/race chat/race alliance/chaos racial ....its not that hard

edit: I read your edits above, and definitely purchasing it from vendors will be my choice and then second would be to join a clan and ask around for someone to craft/sell you ore etc ... also to be honest if i was a new player i'd start off with r50s and bone set...just to get practice in the game itself and have fun pvping...which is really easy to come by compared to full plate feathered with stam eff rings and r60 keened etc.... sure id be at a disadvantage but ill learn quickly then id start farming for good gear, get in clan, do group pvp, get loots from pvp etc
    Last edited by WonderBread; 07-07-2012 at 19:21.