Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567 LastLast
    3000+

So basically AV sets out to make a sandbox game and when they fail at it they say they were never making a sandbox game? What the fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Dooney View Post
    So basically AV sets out to make a sandbox game and when they fail at it they say they were never making a sandbox game? What the fuck?
    Exactly.

Such a waste and a shame, because in my opinion they didnt even bother to sandbox it after release and I dont really understand why because it has the best potential out there by far.

This game was marketed (and got a HUGE following and niche playerbase) as the UO succesor and a sandbox mmorpg yet the only thing we have now are 200 fps players from the most unlikely kind, that somehow happen to swallow years of grind just to be the same hibrid clone in the portrait of a game that makes no sense and is nothing like it was ment to be when you look what a sandbox, let alone an mmorpg, should be like in the big picture.

After losing 99% of the playerbase, and years after release, they still dont realise/face that the reason this game is only populated by 200 fps players is that they failed to deliver, and kept failing because somehow they prefered to twist the original meaning and purpose of the game into a mindless fps arena just because it felt more comfortable for them.

Now the problem I have with this is that they were never clear about it. They somehow want to make us believe that this is what they had planned since the beginning for darkfall, and that what we have now is not a series of bad decisions, lack of/poor effort and shallow gameplay, but the original concept.

This game has good pvp mechanics but its a big fail, and keeping it focused in only this will continue to make it suck because the potential here is on a completely different direction (sandbox) and not on the lowest common denominator of player interaction (kill everything in sight) which should be only a part of the game's complexity.
    If you start delivering what you once promised, this game might still have a chance and start bringing the original playerbase it had and always ment to have.
    If on the contrary, you insist on believing and make us believe that the reason we have such a lackluster population is "grind" (which is nothing more than the feeling this game is repetitive and has little purpose/complexity other than max your char and pvp) and the newbie experience, good luck releasing a mediocre game at best and trying to keep it up until the next big MMORPG arise, which btw it will be sandbox and deliver, you can be sure of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aikar Walmoor View Post
    Exactly.

Such a waste and a shame, because in my opinion they didnt even bother to sandbox it after release and I dont really understand why because it has the best potential out there by far.

This game was marketed (and got a HUGE following and niche playerbase) as the UO succesor and a sandbox mmorpg yet the only thing we have now are 200 fps players from the most unlikely kind, that somehow happen to swallow years of grind just to be the same hibrid clone in the portrait of a game that makes no sense and is nothing like it was ment to be when you look what a sandbox, let alone an mmorpg, should be like in the big picture.

After losing 99% of the playerbase, and years after release, they still dont realise/face that the reason this game is only populated by 200 fps players is that they failed to deliver, and kept failing because somehow they prefered to twist the original meaning and purpose of the game into a mindless fps arena just because it felt more comfortable for them.

Now the problem I have with this is that they were never clear about it. They somehow want to make us believe that this is what they had planned since the beginning for darkfall, and that what we have now is not a series of bad decisions, lack of/poor effort and shallow gameplay, but the original concept.

This game has good pvp mechanics but its a big fail, and keeping it focused in only this will continue to make it suck because the potential here is on a completely different direction (sandbox) and not on the lowest common denominator of player interaction (kill everything in sight) which should be only a part of the game's complexity.
    If you start delivering what you once promised, this game might still have a chance and start bringing the original playerbase it had and always ment to have.
    If on the contrary, you insist on believing and make us believe that the reason we have such a lackluster population is "grind" (which is nothing more than the feeling this game is repetitive and has little purpose/complexity other than max your char and pvp) and the newbie experience, good luck releasing a mediocre game at best and trying to keep it up until the next big MMORPG arise, which btw it will be sandbox and deliver, you can be sure of that.
    I was reading this post while listening to the scary new intro music. Intense.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Smurf View Post
    i got in and was pleased to find that they delivered yhe most important aspects of the game judt like they promised
    Seriously?

Banned

After watching all 3 parts I really enjoyed hearing what Tasos had to say about Darkfall. My favorite part was when he said something to the effect of "it is our intention that another player can come into a dungeon and ruin your experience".

5000+ Long term follower

I found the interview interesting enough to keep an eye open for news about DF2.0

I passed on the DF email that just went out to old customers becasue I am not interested in coming back to the same game I left. But I am intersted in seeing these changes to character development and other systems for 2.0.

DF2.0 being a "New Game" is what gives it some appeal. Old DF was an amazing attempt but the stuff that was cut out and streamlined to make the game work was the stuff that gave it a purpose for me. I'll stick around to see how much of it they put into 2.0.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Mhorham View Post
    I found the interview interesting enough to keep an eye open for news about DF2.0

I passed on the DF email that just went out to old customers becasue I am not interested in coming back to the same game I left. But I am intersted in seeing these changes to character development and other systems for 2.0.

DF2.0 being a "New Game" is what gives it some appeal. Old DF was an amazing attempt but the stuff that was cut out and streamlined to make the game work was the stuff that gave it a purpose for me. I'll stick around to see how much of it they put into 2.0.
    same. I remember/miss the golden days of Darkfall and it was the most fun I've had in a game for a long time. Definitely going to keep an eye out for DF2.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by battle smurf View Post
    if u followed darkfalls development andseen the way adventurine does things and seen proof of ttheir technology u would know buy now not to question what they say.

They have never felt the need to explain themselves much to us but they delivered my favorite game ever against all odds.

If tasos says the new game is close i believe him i was convinced df 1 was vaporware right up until i got into closed early beta at thr end of 2008 then i got in and was pleased to find that they delivered yhe most important aspects of the game judt like they promised

ill be an aventurine fanboy for life
    +1

has any player been in the alpha yet?

Normal User EU1 Player

I had very good times in darkfall (whit many more ppl here) and only small team worked on it from scratch... must say I can't wait to see "Darkfall 2.0"
    I liked darkfall and idea behind it but just wasn't realized to full potential

waiting for DFO 2.0

1000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Magikarp View Post
    After watching all 3 parts I really enjoyed hearing what Tasos had to say about Darkfall. My favorite part was when he said something to the effect of "it is our intention that another player can come into a dungeon and ruin your experience".
    He is just talking about having instances like other MMOs have.
    No instances is good I agree.

But there ia not any new info in this interview.

13,000+

Good interview, I liked how open it was!
    The Swing - IMMORTALS
    Class: Swing
    Roles: 1) Swing Approves
    2) JUST AS PLANNED
    3) No u
    4) Faka you mutha

Normal User

I've always loved Darkfall, even after quitting the game. It has so much potential to become the best there is, more than any other MMORPG IMO.

We all know that this game needs a healthy population to become amazing, so lets hope Darkfall 2.0 will solve this problem. Advertising it as a "new game" is a good start because this will definitely attract a lot of people. I just hope that the content will back this "new game" up. I do not want to see expansion content for a "new game". They also need to end Darkfall 1.0 with a bang. Many people have many memories of the game and they don't want to see it just end with some mediocre event. Put something ominous in the sky and have people wonder about it until it falls down and destroy us all.

We all should realize by now that there won't be a wipe, but a shut down of 1.0 and opening of 2.0. That is why they've been saying a wipe or not would not matter.

As much as I dislike AV, I've always respected them for sticking to the way they want the game to be like while still listening to the feedback that matters. I just hope they deliver strong with Darkfall 2.0.

really like these vids.. interesting stuff
    http://www.twitch.tv/exzear Darkfall Release N Beta stream!

/Exzear TNG, Leader of Norse [EU]

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Dooney View Post
    But at the same time though, Darkfall has been out for such a long time, if it kept its sandbox(grind) features at this stage, the game would be a wasteland. which no new players would try.

eccpecialy when the game allready has hit a wall which AV aint willing to climb over.
    Red Moon
    Mischievous Intentions