Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Vary nice vids. Making me more exited over DF2.0. Wonder what the name will be?

Normal User

I dunno, I really like Darkfall, but the way Tasos talks about it makes me a tad unsure about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Temko Firewing View Post
    "Crafting increased! No Wait, Bugged, fixed tommorow"
    "Crafting increased"
    ...*tested by players*..."not it's not"
    devs: "yes it is!"
    players:"look at these numbers, no it's not"
    devs: "Yes it is. *plug in ears* LALALALALALALALA"

1000+

You really need to work on the quality of the videos you put out though. 360p is bad, even my movies are 1080p (somehow I can't get them into original quality for the life of me -_-)

Vapourware or reality? We'll know Soon™ !!

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Lawless View Post
    Vary nice vids. Making me more exited over DF2.0. Wonder what the name will be?
    Drakfall

Lux Arcana
    Clan Leader

"We wanted to create a Massive Multiplayer Game that would be like a First Person shooter game."

Oh rly? I thought you wanted to create a sandbox MMORPG. Someone changed his tune.

7000+

Am I the only one who thinks Tasos isnt very charismatic? I dont know if it's actually the language barrier though.

He looks like he's wasting his time talking to this guy.

Join us on Twitch or on our forums!

Normal User

Those forearms are enough charisma for me.

Normal User

I wonder if we will have a situation like Turbine had with Asheron's Call 1 and 2 where many of the players of AC1 never fell in love with AC2 and the older game has outlived the sequel.

I don't think this will be the case here, but it's hard to predict players feelings.

Besides I think just removing a lot of the grind from Darkfall might be the best step for enjoyment they have done since launch.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Aikar Walmoor View Post
    I just love how they end up twisting the original meaning of Darkfall to suit their capabilities / lack of effort.
    At least be honest and say that because you cannot fulfill darkfall's potential (it being the ultimate 3d sandbox) , you are simply limiting yourselves to the lowest common denominator of "whacking" players in sight for their loot, with maybe a couple new rides this time and not everyone being the same clone.

So now Darkfall was always ment to be nothing more than a big pvp arena?

what about all the early development interviews and all the design concepts going much beyond and being much more complex than simply wacking anything in sight to steal their loot?

Why instead of adding into the game's potential you are only rehashing a very limited part of what could make it the best mmorpg of all time?

Why I dont see player run caravans, local banking, markets, building placement, movable and hireable NPC's (not the gif statues we have now), meaningful gameworld, meaningful and complex economy and crafting societies, regional resources, clan tools (such as being able to use heraldry designed by the clan, and showing it on flags and sails, etc..).

Now THAT would promote MUCH more influx of players, THAT would also ENHANCE Darkfalls potential and not what seems to be planned along. Where is the variety and complexity in this MMORPG?

Is it really going to get limited into wether to choose water or fire magic for pvp? what a huge waste of potential.

Dont expect people hang around in an MMORPG so shallow as this one where the only purpose and playstile is the mindless pvper.

Aventurine has the BEST chance in gaming history to make the perfect mmorpg due to darkfall's potential. Seamless world, no instances, physics, gameplay realism....
    Dont waste all that potential in making this game a glorified fps arena that really offers nothing new from current day fps other than having to grind all the way to properly "pvp".

Or at least dont PRETEND, like in that interview, that the current incarnation of darkfall is what you had planned all along....

If you really keep believing that 99% of playerbase left because of grind or newbie experience just because is the only thing the remaining playerbase can come up with then the direction of this game is doomed.
    This
    Frosth Norris, Leader of Order of the Pathways
    We're recruiting!

hold the fucking phone, tasos worked at westwood?

+1 fucking nice son
    get some - eu launch
    fly man - na launch
    the beard - df1 endgame

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Reik View Post
    Besides I think just removing a lot of the grind from Darkfall might be the best step for enjoyment they have done since launch.
    This isn't enought, at least not for me nor my guildmates. We want a deep specialization system where you aren't forced to skill everything to be competitive, but, for example, only melee, only archery, or both but magic. Every playstyle should be viable, from the pure melee to the pure mage to the hybrid.
    Actually, even if you remove the grind of skills, the diversity issue remain. Is because i wont come back till this big issue is solved with armour restrictions and specializations.

2000+

The big error they made was discard the skill cap system. Hope they fix this issue in 2.0.

I just love how they end up twisting the original meaning of Darkfall to suit their capabilities / lack of effort.
    At least be honest and say that because you cannot fulfill darkfall's potential (it being the ultimate 3d sandbox) , you are simply limiting yourselves to the lowest common denominator of "whacking" players in sight for their loot, with maybe a couple new rides this time and not everyone being the same clone.

So now Darkfall was always ment to be nothing more than a big pvp arena?

what about all the early development interviews and all the design concepts going much beyond and being much more complex than simply wacking anything in sight to steal their loot?

Why instead of adding into the game's potential you are only rehashing a very limited part of what could make it the best mmorpg of all time?

Why I dont see player run caravans, local banking, markets, building placement, movable and hireable NPC's (not the gif statues we have now), meaningful gameworld, meaningful and complex economy and crafting societies, regional resources, clan tools (such as being able to use heraldry designed by the clan, and showing it on flags and sails, etc..).

Now THAT would promote MUCH more influx of players, THAT would also ENHANCE Darkfalls potential and not what seems to be planned along. Where is the variety and complexity in this MMORPG?

Is it really going to get limited into wether to choose water or fire magic for pvp? what a huge waste of potential.

Dont expect people hang around in an MMORPG so shallow as this one where the only purpose and playstile is the mindless pvper.

Aventurine has the BEST chance in gaming history to make the perfect mmorpg due to darkfall's potential. Seamless world, no instances, physics, gameplay realism....
    Dont waste all that potential in making this game a glorified fps arena that really offers nothing new from current day fps other than having to grind all the way to properly "pvp".

Or at least dont PRETEND, like in that interview, that the current incarnation of darkfall is what you had planned all along....

If you really keep believing that 99% of playerbase left because of grind or newbie experience just because is the only thing the remaining playerbase can come up with then the direction of this game is doomed.
    You read my mind. This game would be amazing with these features. I wouldn't care about the grind if this was implemented
    Fresh Rips - SGS

Normal User US1 Player

Why I dont see [B]player run caravans, local banking, markets, building placement, movable and hireable NPC's
    They got rid of these things in alpha for a good reason. They're not trying to make a sim, they found local banking to be too slow, and hirable NPCs to be cheap. They wanted player interaction, not an NPC fight.