Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Fatboys are good bikes.. get an older one with an EVO motor you'll be much happier. Easy to work on.. you can service it yourself and its REAL easy to get a shit ton of torque out of them.

You can pick up a good mid-late 90s fatboy for 5-7k. You can also go with the heritage softtail (basically the same bike other than fenders and some lights and accessory crap.)

Normal User

Quite a difference of styles there between the Fury and the Fat Boy, with the Stryker somewhere in the middle I guess.

If you've been to examine the Fury you'll discover that there's quite a bit of chromed plastic there. I like the shaft drive but the radiator turns me off. I personally I feel cruisers should be air cooled. For those reasons I'd prefer the HD.

But there's another HD I would take over the Lo and that's the Forty-Eight. In comparison it's 150 pounds ligher wet, matched with a smaller engine but still similar capacity to the heavier Fury and Stryker. I think I would appreciate that lower weight rather than taking a heavier bike with a larger engine. It's a fair bit cheaper than the Lo. I like the front fat tire. And I really like how it looks in yellow.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...rty-eight.html
    Last edited by Wanwo; 07-04-2012 at 23:12. Reason: link

Normal User

Well, im driving this one currently

http://www.themotodb.com/pictures/20...Xcountry-8.jpg

but ye, its not really my stile so i think im gonna change it to

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gal...009%20%202.jpg

this one

2000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Wanwo View Post
    Quite a difference of styles there between the Fury and the Fat Boy, with the Stryker somewhere in the middle I guess.

If you've been to examine the Fury you'll discover that there's quite a bit of chromed plastic there. I like the shaft drive but the radiator turns me off. I personally I feel cruisers should be air cooled. For those reasons I'd prefer the HD.

But there's another HD I would take over the Lo and that's the Forty-Eight. In comparison it's 150 pounds ligher wet, matched with a smaller engine but still similar capacity to the heavier Fury and Stryker. I think I would appreciate that lower weight rather than taking a heavier bike with a larger engine. It's a fair bit cheaper than the Lo. I like the front fat tire. And I really like how it looks in yellow.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...rty-eight.html
    I'm looking for the wider back tire, but I was looking at the forty-eight before. The other bike I like is the m109r from Suzuki. I also rode a 2012 Yamaha Raider today and really liked it. I think it's taken the place of the Stryker.

Also I've no plans on getting a 1300 sportbike, my friend/co-worker bracket races his busa and I've been on it a few times. It's just not comfortable and I've no interest in going 120 mph in second.

Yeah that's just scary.
    Last edited by xarnthal; 07-05-2012 at 01:09.
    Sennheiser - Assist - Thage
    O.o
    EV

Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    Wish I knew how to ride bikes. I would probably crash and burn :[
    Riding them is easy; resisting the urge to do stupid stuff like wheelies going 90 down the interstate for the sheer fun of it is the hard part.

This is why I will never buy a motorcycle; I do not trust that I won't have a "woohoo!" moment that results in my own demise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exevos View Post
    nacitar has never used any (to my knowledge) exploit maneuvers, glitches, and/or bugs... He has always been adamant in his ways, ... having been totally legit since launch, a feat many of us have failed.