Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23
    3000+

I miss the threads from 8 months ago
    We should celebrate March 2013 as the month Off-Topic went Full Retard.

10,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Apex Vertigo View Post
    I didn't say I was entertained by it, you make a lot of assumptions.
    My mistake, I did assume you found it funny since you attacked me for giving my opinion to the contrary. So are we to understand that you don't necessarily disagree with my opinion, you just wanted to be a dick?

And how was I being 'dickish' again?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

Quote Originally Posted by PirateGlen View Post
    This is false and could only be believed if you don't pay attention to details. Republicans blocked the expiration of the long term capital gains tax 15% rate by a filibuster of all other bills in the Senate. All but 5 Democrats supported a plan to expire Capital gains 15% rate on 250k a year. All of the Republicans opposed any plan that allowed the 15% rate to expire for the rich.

If you think there's no difference it's because you're not paying attention.
    First, a lower rate often leads to increased revenue so expiring it would only lead to realized gain deferral.

Second, why didn't the Dems use reconciliation like they did w/ healthcare if they wanted it so badly?
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap

If Martin Luther King ran for the Democratic nomination...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpcvPrGl_KU

o yeah

- The Grixxitt, Alfar Supremacist - NAxx

Quote Originally Posted by The Grixxitt View Post
    If Martin Luther King ran for the Democratic nomination...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpcvPrGl_KU

o yeah
    lmao xD true :P were almost even

The creator of boondocks has been on Bill Mahers show quite a few times its awesome hes real smart and its cool seeing what he thinks on subjects off the top of his head, they dont have them to talking on youtube because it was a pretty long time ago but if your interested I could post it I have a shit load of Real Time episodes with Bill Maher, my favorite show.

heres him in an interview about BET with the creator of boondocks, funny as hell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhe04...eature=mh_lolz
    Last edited by Hallucinogenicz; 07-05-2012 at 23:37.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Nova88 View Post
    I like this kind of stuff because it hits the hypocrites where it hurts. For years they have been able to keep ahold of power almost soley by (supposedly) being the 'religious' or moral party. But its complete bullshit.

Jesus was completely against amasing wealth/being greedy and spent his whole life helping the sick and poor. One could argue that the modern neo-cons are closer to being 'anti-christ' in the sense that they glorify wealth and are completely opposed to charity/welfare.

I hope attacks like this keep increasing so the people voting for these neo-con ideas are forced to stop and look at themselves in the mirror.
    You seem to think that government is the only thing that can provide charity and welfare. When he churches did it just fine for thousands of years. I always hit up the pancake breakfasts when a child in my area needs a operation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kol_Taggar View Post
    Getting upset about what AV says they are going to do is like getting upset about what Al Gore says is going to happen if we don't take global warming seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    First, a lower rate often leads to increased revenue so expiring it would only lead to realized gain deferral.
    Doubtful.

Second, why didn't the Dems use reconciliation like they did w/ healthcare if they wanted it so badly?
    Only one per year and it was the same year as healthcare.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallucinogenicz View Post
    lmao xD true :P were almost even

The creator of boondocks has been on Bill Mahers show quite a few times its awesome hes real smart and its cool seeing what he thinks on subjects off the top of his head, they dont have them to talking on youtube because it was a pretty long time ago but if your interested I could post it I have a shit load of Real Time episodes with Bill Maher, my favorite show.

heres him in an interview about BET with the creator of boondocks, funny as hell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhe04...eature=mh_lolz
    Hah nice. Not a big fan of Maher (I see him as the other side of the Bill O'Reilly coin) but that link waas great.

- The Grixxitt, Alfar Supremacist - NAxx

Doubtful.
    Historical fact.

http://www.adamsmith.org/sites/defau...-gains-tax.pdf

Only one per year and it was the same year as healthcare.
    Interesting. I wonder what the origin of that rule is. Probably some story behind why it was created and so limited.

4000+

HAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHAH OMG AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SO FUNNY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Is what i would be saying if i had no education and supported the left wing.

totally retarded left wing propaganda
    Did i ever tell you the definition of "insanity"?

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Not really. Tax policy only influences the first bursts of realization... and it's the opposite of what they're arguing. The 80s burst was based on the impending raise of capital gains (people selling at the lower rate before it went up). The next big burst was the 90s bubble which pops abruptly and breaks the paper's argument by the sudden dip in revenue with no corresponding raise in capital gains tax to blame it on.

Interesting. I wonder what the origin of that rule is. Probably some story behind why it was created and so limited.
    Fairly arbitrary just like reconciliation itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

Not really. Tax policy only influences the first bursts of realization... and it's the opposite of what they're arguing. The 80s burst was based on the impending raise of capital gains (people selling at the lower rate before it went up). The next big burst was the 90s bubble which pops abruptly and breaks the paper's argument by the sudden dip in revenue with no corresponding raise in capital gains tax to blame it on.
    If you take the decades as a whole, no. There is clearly more revenue realized by the gov't when the tax rates are lower. Of course people will react to perceived future changes. That doesn't change the fact that gains will be deferred when tax rates are higher.

And when the 90s bubble burst, the dip in revenue was due to the lack of gains. That doesn't refute the paper's argument. A bursting bubble introduces a new and significant variable into the equation and explains quite clearly why the revenue dropped: it wasn't b/c people chose to defer, it was b/c there were fewer gains and lots of losses to offset against any gains.

You can't look at this stuff 2-dimensionally. There's a lot of stuff going on but in aggregate, across several decades, lower rates = more revenue. It's an obvious trend. But with all the other variables at play, you can't look at each year and expect to find A+B=C every time.

Quote Originally Posted by pirateglen View Post
    not really. Tax policy only influences the first bursts of realization... And it's the opposite of what they're arguing. The 80s burst was based on the impending raise of capital gains (people selling at the lower rate before it went up). The next big burst was the 90s bubble which pops abruptly and breaks the paper's argument by the sudden dip in revenue with no corresponding raise in capital gains tax to blame it on.
    +1