View Poll Results: Romney, Obama, or Ron Paul

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Romney (evil)

    5 6.49%
  • Ron Paul (stupid)

    39 50.65%
  • Obama (Neutral)

    16 20.78%
  • Trolololol

    17 22.08%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23
Results 31 to 42 of 42
  1. #31
    Banned Hallucinogenicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Signus View Post
    1. Letting the corps that were directly responsible for sinking themselves stay alive by giving them billions in bail outs, AFTER the populace voted against it, and having the CEOs of those companies use that money to give themselves bonuses... yeah it was a fantastic move.



    2. The current recession is a direct result of the collapse of the housing market, and loans in general. A bill was passed that allowed banks to loan out more money than could reasonably be paid back. When surprise, it didn't get payed back, the whole thing shit the bed.
    Know who was responsible for that Bill? Congress. Both parties in Congress. Though it was Democratic majority at the time.

    3. So, haha yeah. And I'm sure spending more money than any president in history within MONTHS of getting into office had NoooooOOOothing to do with things.
    1. We should have gave them an ultimatum, new government approved CEOs along with extremely heavy regulations, or no bail outs. But I doubt the republicans would have let Obama do that.

    2. You realize you can be republican and label yourself Democrat right? Republicans are the masters of propaganda and lies, thats why theyre main supporters are from the bible belt and we can go on forever about the propaganda religion spews out.

    3. FDR called it "Priming the Pump". Also paying for wars that your predecessor purposely did not.

    edit: Im only 18 btw So haha yeah, your arguing with someone you probably would have ignored in the first place lol.
    PS. plz continue though
    Last edited by Hallucinogenicz; 07-01-2012 at 12:33.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hallucinogenicz View Post
    [COLOR="Lime"]
    2. You realize you can be republican and label yourself Democrat right? Republicans are the masters of propaganda and lies, thats why theyre main supporters are from the bible belt and we can go on forever about the propaganda religion spews out.


    edit: Im only 18 btw So haha yeah, your arguing with someone you probably would have ignored in the first place lol.
    PS. plz continue though

    You seriously need to check out what you define as Democrat and Republican. They are, as parties, the same thing currently. It used to be that republicans were conservative spenders while the democrats pushed social reform. Now it's simply who can spend more money and who can trick enough people to vote for them again. The social policies are the last remaining divisor between party lines, that is it. There is no longer room for economists or common sense in politics, just ask Ron Paul.

    The main supporters, believe it or not, for the Republican party are people like me who realize we as a country cannot support the excessive waste of money that BOTH parties want to extend further. You just have to realize that Ron Paul is the one guy talking truth, and he happens to run as a Republican nominee.

    I'm 22, it doesn't matter how old you are, just that you are willing to debate and learn about the important matters in life.
    Last edited by -=GiMiK=-; 07-01-2012 at 13:20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubby Bear View Post
    Its actually Maya game, not meta game. It comes from the ancient Mayan tradition of rubbing 2 phallic sticks together in a ritual simulating the bonding made by warriors battling in the grand arena.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    My mind is like a parachute. It only works if it's open.

  3. #33

    Default

    If I'd be living America I'd definitely vote Ron Paul even though I don't think it's the best solution. It's just to stop all the corruption in the banking and war industry. He's the only one that sounds like a honest person to me as well.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYIC0eZYEtI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efKguI0NFek

    Like a boss
    Last edited by World Dominator; 07-01-2012 at 14:21.


    Remove Wobble

  4. #34
    IRC Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hallucinogenicz View Post
    [COLOR="Lime"]
    2. You realize you can be republican and label yourself Democrat right? Republicans are the masters of propaganda and lies

    Really? That's the argument you're going to go with?

    And if spending trillions of dollars we don't have is called "priming the pump".. then why haven't we recovered?

    Oh and that little war thing, the one he promised to end within like, 7 months of taking office? And instead he just sent more troops in? Yeah. He's a real standup guy, passing bills that lets him detain US citizens indefinitely and using drones to spy on citizens...
    Last edited by Signus; 07-01-2012 at 18:07.




    Community staff are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

  5. #35
    Banned Hallucinogenicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Signus View Post
    Really? That's the argument you're going to go with?

    And if spending trillions of dollars we don't have is called "priming the pump".. then why haven't we recovered?

    Oh and that little war thing, the one he promised to end within like, 7 months of taking office? And instead he just sent more troops in? Yeah. He's a real standup guy,
    Look I understand the actual definition of being republican is not bad at all, but it has been hijacked by a Christian right wing fundamentalist group, with no doubt (Many democrats are bad people also, but not nearly as much). I think the old republicans were amazing, Ron Paul is to I just think Obama is better with a bigger chance of winning so I troll Ron Paul here and there lol, again thats why I never called him Evil hes a good man.

    As for Priming the Pump, FDR did not have 8 years of one of the worst presidents in American history to succeed, I rest my case at that.

    The war, George Bush fucked up Iraq and now its Obamas responsibility to at least try to stabilize the government before withdrawing. I do not doubt he said he will withdraw some troops in 7 months and did the opposite, its for votes and all presidents are guilty of this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Signus View Post
    passing bills that lets him detain US citizens indefinitely and using drones to spy on citizens...
    I could have sworn that was passed under the Bush administration.
    Last edited by Hallucinogenicz; 07-01-2012 at 22:01.

  6. #36
    Banned Hallucinogenicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,488

    Default

    lol hell ya george carlins the shit, do you know about bill maher? George Carlin has been on his show a few times they used to be friends and are both comedians
    Give him 5 min!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax15XRL1URQ
    or 10 :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1AjA...feature=relmfu
    he talks about republicans in this one
    Last edited by Hallucinogenicz; 07-01-2012 at 22:10.

  7. #37
    8000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    US - Texas
    Posts
    8,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vor'Dus[DiE] View Post
    How can you call Ron Paul stupid? Never heard him say anything stupid.
    I wouldn't call him stupid. I think he's slightly above average. I don't think he's world class intellect, though. His simplicity, sincerity, and fringe values/ideology are what set him apart from the others and make him worth talking about.
    Last edited by Apex Vertigo; 07-01-2012 at 22:34.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hallucinogenicz View Post
    lol hell ya george carlins the shit, do you know about bill maher? George Carlin has been on his show a few times they used to be friends and are both comedians
    Give him 5 min!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax15XRL1URQ
    or 10 :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1AjA...feature=relmfu
    he talks about republicans in this one
    Ah yes I know him, he's usually talking pretty positive about my country lol.
    Way better then Bill O'Reilly. In my country we have a lot of stupid mofo's but that guy has the IQ of a potato.


    Remove Wobble

  9. #39
    8000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    US - Texas
    Posts
    8,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    I think any currency that can be inflated and has a limited market would be worse then something universal as gold. But I will say as long as we agree that we need competing currencies that is a moot point.
    You do realize one of the biggest reasons we even started the FED and eventually got off the gold standard was BECAUSE we needed to be able to inflate currency, right? You talk about it like that's inherently bad.

  10. #40
    12,000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC, Beta Tester
    Posts
    12,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Vertigo View Post
    You do realize one of the biggest reasons we even started the FED and eventually got off the gold standard was BECAUSE we needed to be able to inflate currency, right? You talk about it like that's inherently bad.
    Inherently bad for economy. Inherently bad for producers. Very good for groups who want to extract wealth from others.
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"


    Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

    Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

  11. #41
    8000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    US - Texas
    Posts
    8,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    Inherently bad for economy. Inherently bad for producers. Very good for groups who want to extract wealth from others.
    It saved our economy from a handicap that we have yet to solve without it and that you seem to want to ignore as if everything was great until a few hooded men in a back room implemented it for the sole purpose of *insert what ever the hell you are on about this week*. Ignorance to what you are even suggesting does not make a good argument.

    You know what would be inherently bad for an economy? Linking the entire fate of the nation to a single commodity with limited means of regulating it in times of crisis. I know I say this way too often but... really, history... read it. I think I say it a lot because to be a Libertarian/Anarchist (not the same I know but for this argument I'm lumping them together) you virtually need to ignore the origins of the things you hate because you have nothing new to offer in its place. Will anyone please argue this point? I bring it up all the time and no one says a word.
    Last edited by Apex Vertigo; 07-01-2012 at 23:54.

  12. #42
    12,000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC, Beta Tester
    Posts
    12,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Vertigo View Post
    It saved our economy from a handicap that we have yet to solve without it and that you seem to want to ignore as if everything was great until a few hooded men in a back room implemented it for the sole purpose of *insert what ever the hell you are on about this week*. Ignorance to what you are even suggesting does not make a good argument.

    You know what would be inherently bad for an economy? Linking the entire fate of the nation to a single commodity with limited means of regulating it in times of crisis. I know I say this way too often but... really, history... read it. I think I say it a lot because to be a Libertarian/Anarchist (not the same I know but for this argument I'm lumping them together) you virtually need to ignore the origins of the things you hate because you have nothing new to offer in its place. Will anyone please argue this point? I bring it up all the time and no one says a word.
    Lets talk about this in detail. What are the handicaps?

    Furthermore you demonstrate your own ignorance if you think that gold is a commodity. Or that having a currency backed by gold would somehow tie the economy to it.

    Money (gold) simply helps the economy to set the correct prices. We have not found a better way to do it yet.

    edit: As far as history. How about Tom Woods. He writes about the history of the FED and how the panics after the FED were worse. Even though we were promised that the panics should be shorter and spaced more apart. Or the fact that one of the big keynesian historians agrees with him.
    Last edited by Silverhandorder; 07-02-2012 at 00:34.
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"


    Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

    Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •