Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101920
    10,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    why make a rebuttal to wuf's statement then? the law was upheld as constitutional, your feelings about the supreme court do not change that
    What's to rebut? The court got it wrong. My opinion is not based on feeling but law. Once again, where's the inconsistency or hypocrisy?

Many legal experts agree with my opinion. Many legal experts agree that even if it were constitutional as a tax, it is not the courts place to re-write the legislation as a tax.

The court is not infallible. And we are still a country based on laws.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    What's to rebut? The court got it wrong. My opinion is not based on feeling but law. Once again, where's the inconsistency or hypocrisy?

Many legal experts agree with my opinion. Many legal experts agree that even if it were constitutional as a tax, it is not the courts place to re-write the legislation as a tax.

The court is not infallible. And we are still a country based on laws.
    Translation: if you disagree with my interpretation of law you did it with your feelings but I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

lol @ thinks federal government has constitutional authority to force people into commerce just because roberts rewrote a piece of trash legislation in an attempt to salvage the perception of his court because he cares more about his legacy than the law.

really not that hard to figure out

http://www.conservativetruth.org/library/fed45.html

any other rubbish that people like to throw around, weather they be some protester or some supreme court justice, is just that; rubbish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    Unless you assume a God, the question of life’s purpose is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateGlen View Post
    Translation: if you disagree with my interpretation of law you did it with your feelings but I didn't.
    Out of context but completely predictable coming from the likes of you.

The 'feeling' being referenced was that of desiring better healthcare. It's no different than feeling that 'everyone' should own a home. Neither feeling has any bearing on whether gov't should be involved.

Once again, for the retarded, my opinion (not feeling) of the constitutionality of the health care law is not inconsistent with the notion that we are a country of laws.
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Out of context but completely predictable coming from the likes of you.

The 'feeling' being referenced was that of desiring better healthcare. It's no different than feeling that 'everyone' should own a home. Neither feeling has any bearing on whether gov't should be involved.

Once again, for the retarded, my opinion (not feeling) of the constitutionality of the health care law is not inconsistent with the notion that we are a country of laws.
    It's out of context because you've abandoned the context with your moving target arguments. His responses were based on your rationing criticism that he debunked with real world examples. Then you retreated to a legal argument that holds no more strength than saying it's unconstitutional because I said so. Now you're trying to pretend his argument against your previous argument is based on his feelings rather than your pure logic. Typical.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateGlen View Post
    It's out of context because you've abandoned the context with your moving target arguments. His responses were based on your rationing criticism that he debunked with real world examples. Then you retreated to a legal argument that holds no more strength than saying it's unconstitutional because I said so. Now you're trying to pretend his argument against your previous argument is based on his feelings rather than your pure logic. Typical.
    First, it was never part of the discussion about rationing. And his real world examples were not examples b/c as I pointed out, he referred to supplemental not comprehensive private plans and everyone that's not neck deep in their own asshole knows the UK public system rations care. He wasn't even trying to debunk the idea of rationing, he was trying to debunk the notion that private care would become price obsolete w/ a public option in the US.

Second, I introduced the notion of wanting, emotionally, better healthcare and how any sane person would be in favor of that idea. I introduced the notion that what feels good or right is not necessarily justified b/c we are a country of laws.

Go peddle your stupidity in the 9/11 thread, kthx.