Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 78
    3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Gloomrender View Post
    You need me to define a word for you now? If you're going to claim that free will can't be defined, then you can't also claim that it has to exist. This is just a lame way to avoid the rest of the science in my post and try to argue on purely non-evidential terms. Sorry, were going to argue based on reality, or were not going to argue at all. You're not going to play ignoramus games with me. Be ignorant and ignore evidence in your own little bubble...that's a concession of the argument on It's own.

Can't be a scientific illiterate thread without someone doing the old "It's juzt a theory!" routine...
    QQ more. I was too bored to rip apart the rest of your diarrhea, so i picked the most stupid of it, and voila, you failed to answer on one of your main points.
    See, this is not about what I claim free will to be, but about your bold claim, being able to explain it.

Your pseudo intellectualism just showed pretty much. It's quite a trait i recognized with you, making bold claims about what "we" already know, using "we" as suggesting that you are part of the effort, yet you know little about science, with some petty attempts to consider others below your oh so high intellect.

When however questioned, you run away QQing like a falcon punched housewife.

I suggest the next time you take a cup of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fram6...tailpage#t=10s

...before you make more of a fool of yourself.
    Last edited by pZombie; 06-19-2012 at 23:18.

8000+

Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    I'm the stubborn one? You're hilarious.

Now. Be a good retard and google this.

"Punctuated equilibrium vs gradualism"

Come on darling. Be a daisy now.
    Frst, there is a contradiction between “punctuated equilibrium” and “gradualism.” There are two basic possibilities for how naturalistic evolution can occur. This flaw in the theory of evolution occurs because these two ideas are mutually exclusive, and yet there is evidence suggestive of both of them. Gradualism implies that organisms experience a relatively steady rate of mutations, resulting in a somewhat “smooth” transition from early forms to later ones. This was the original assumption derived from the theory of evolution. Punctuated equilibrium, on the other hand, implies that mutation rates are heavily influenced by a unique set of coincidences. Therefore, organisms will experience long periods of stability, “punctuated” by short bursts of rapid evolution.
    Can you do me a favor, Bissen? Can you link me the website that says that? I'm just curious about something.

7000+ EU1 Player

GOSFORD: Recent examination of supernovae velocities suggests the universe may be expanding non-uniformly in its acceleration, which implies the laws of physics may vary throughout the cosmos.

That just blows my mind every time I read it. If this turns out true... Man.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jedicake View Post
    Can you do me a favor, Bissen? Can you link me the website that says that? I'm just curious about something.
    I found it on the first site that popped up. Which was a bible site. Which is why afterwards I posted a link more to your biased liking.

The fact of the matter is that the way evolution happens is still very much discussed.

8000+

Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    GOSFORD: Recent examination of supernovae velocities suggests the universe may be expanding non-uniformly in its acceleration, which implies the laws of physics may vary throughout the cosmos.

That just blows my mind every time I read it. If this turns out true... Man.
    Agreed.

The fact of the matter is that the way evolution happens is still very much discussed.
    Alright, fine, I can't deny that.
    Last edited by Jedicake; 06-19-2012 at 23:28.

Banned

Agreed.
    How can you agree to that. I mean it's only suggestions and not at all in consensus with mainstream science. How mother fucking dare you?

8000+

How can you agree to that. I mean it's only suggestions and not at all in consensus with mainstream science. How mother fucking dare you?
    ? I agree if it turns out true that would be incredibly awesome

It's so crazy to even think about, different laws in different parts of the cosmos
    Last edited by Jedicake; 06-19-2012 at 23:31.

Banned

Alright, fine, I can't deny that.
    Then what was the point of your question?

You were trying to discredit my point because you goggled the text and found its origin. Only now it seems you found out there actually are opposing theories of evolution.

7000+ EU1 Player

I would hope it would offer more insight into things like dark energy/matter.

Problem is people are very stubborn, in general. It sucks admitting you might be wrong.

Banned

? I agree if it turns out true that would be incredibly awesome

It's so crazy to even think about, different laws in different parts of the cosmos
    Then think about different universes or the theory that things only materialize when observed.

8000+

Then think about different universes or the theory that things only materialize when observed.
    Okay. I thought about it. That would be pretty awesome. Now what?

Btw in my personal opinion, there are different universes.

Then what was the point of your question?

You were trying to discredit my point because you goggled the text and found its origin. Only now it seems you found out there actually are opposing theories of evolution.
    I was just curious when the date of that paragraph was made, because yet again, on talkorigins.org it explains the Punctuated equilibrium vs gradualism debate, but it's very old.
    Last edited by Jedicake; 06-19-2012 at 23:37.

5000+

NonStampCollectors gives an example of just how good the 'good book' is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1zIw...&feature=g-u-u

Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    I would hope it would offer more insight into things like dark energy/matter.
    I think dark matter explains the difference in acceleration across the universe, what interests me the most and is the only thing to help with proving the existence of a god would be quantum physics.

Albert Einstein said
    “I think that a particle must have a separate reality independent of the measurements. That is an electron has spin, location and so forth even when it is not being measured. I like to think that the moon is there even if I am not looking at it.”

Hes referring to the discoveries made on the quantum level that strongly suggest our reality does not exist until perceived. For example I believe it was german scientists but they got a vial of poison and put it in a box with a cat, the vial of poison has a 50% chance of braking open and killing the cat and a 50% chance of doing nothing, and the question is before we look inside the box is the cat alive or dead? The answer many scientists have concluded is it is in both states, its both alive and dead until we open the box and collapse the wave function turning it into reality.
    Last edited by Hallucinogenicz; 06-21-2012 at 01:15.

7000+ EU1 Player

Yeah, I know all that. Schrodinger's cat and all.

And actually whats amazing is those weren't really discovers at that point in time. It was all theory and only recently have we been able to prove and disprove those theories.

Think you mother fuckers.
    Last edited by Nunz; 06-21-2012 at 02:03.

Quote Originally Posted by pZombie View Post
    QQ more. I was too bored to rip apart the rest of your diarrhea, so i picked the most stupid of it,
    No, you don't have any kind of rebuttal for any of it. That's why you don't respond to it, because it contained facts which are inconvenient for you. Facts are diarrhea to an ignorant fool with his blinders on like you.

Your pseudo intellectualism just showed pretty much. It's quite a trait i recognized with you, making bold claims about what "we" already know, using "we" as suggesting that you are part of the effort,
    No, It's called the common scientific knowledge which is available to anyone. The "we" is the knowledge that anyone can access, if they make the effort. We know things like evolution happened, the knowledge is freely accessible. Even if you want to pretend it doesn't exist like you're doing ITT.

When however questioned, you run away QQing like a falcon punched housewife.
    You haven't questioned anything...Questioning would require criticism of my claims/statements. All you did was just randomly ask me to define a word for you, while disregarding my argument and supporting evidence completely. That's not questioning anything, that's just being stupid. You've run away from sense, and now all you can do is be a little insulting child with dated-ass memes. There's no argument which is possible with someone like you who is completely intellectually dishonest/vacuous. All of the statements you've made have been projected from your cave outside of reality and argumentation. Page me if you want come out sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Branwulf View Post
    Criminals will always get their weapons, it's the fucking lunatics that you should be worried about Colonist.
    Quote Originally Posted by United States Department of Education
    Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever.