Normal User US1 Trial Player

Default my ideas for sandboxes RPG

hi. I am not subscribed to this game. I played the trial.

here are my ideas for sandboxes RPG in general. I think it can be applied to darkfall.

Tip 1: I dont think a server need thousands of persons to be fun. if a certain server has only 100 persons, you can diminish grind (to level up, to gather enough resources, to find the rare drop, drops of gold, etc), and boom, you will have 1 player making as much mess as 10 players would do.
    this way: 100 players equals 1000 players mess.
    each player will feel like they are awesome because the amount of mess and progress they are doing... this also makes each player more dangerous, more productive, more relatively important for other players. this makes the game fun.

I dont like to play a game where I have to play 10 days to do something funny. something that affect others players life.

A game can be fast paced, and still be played for months, or years... look at warcraft 3, diablo 2... they are super fast-paced, and they still make sucess.

Tip 2: Make a game that makes the player feel awesome because of his char skills, not because of his skills in controlling the char (like quake arena). If someone wants to play using his skills, a better game would be an FPS.

Tip 3: I want to be unique. I want to be necessary.
    what is the point in crafting something, if anyone can craft it.
    what is the point in calling a certain game an RPG, if it doesn't follow one of the basics principles of RPG: Limitations per char evolution.

I used to play RPG in tables, with paper charts of our chars.
    There is nothing better than the feeling that we are unique in what I do. The feeling that nobody else can do, and they need me.

here: bah... I am just another crafter, mage, fighter, etc...

4000+

Quote Originally Posted by diogoesmenio View Post
    Tip 2: Make a game that makes the player feel awesome because of his char skills, not because of his skills in controlling the char (like quake arena). If someone wants to play using his skills, a better game would be an FPS
    thats like, every other MMO?

i thought darkfall was an fpsmmo where 5 year old retards can't kill anyone just because they got epix gear and better RNG.

3000+

It's pretty clear that you never played Darkfall.

dude, your ideas are dumb, as if you are 12 or got no experience in MMO's. if it would be that easy like you suggest in this thread we would have atleast 5 great sandbox titles on the market atm.

tip1: dumb i guess you never attended a 1500 player siege.

tip2: even more dumb since every WoW clone offers you that

tip3. was asked for since DF was in beta.....
    Last edited by Niburu; 06-16-2012 at 00:15.
    Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Playing Darkfall is the most fun I've ever had on a computer with my pants zipped up and both hands on the desk.

Normal User US1 Trial Player

Quote Originally Posted by DaveStunTueur View Post
    It's pretty clear that you never played Darkfall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    dude, your ideas are dumb, as if you are 12 or got no experience in MMO's. if it would be that easy like you suggest in this thread we would have atleast 5 great sandbox titles on the market atm.

tip1: dumb i guess you never attended a 1500 player siege.

tip2: even more dumb since every WoW clone offers you that

tip3. was asked for since DF was in beta.....

I still stand for my 3 ideas.

but given the level of the answers I am receiving, I would also suggest this:

dont nourish a terrible community. If you do so because you dont want a bad reputation, those terrible customers will keep away the good ones.
    Last edited by diogoesmenio; 06-16-2012 at 00:52.

Make a game that makes the player feel awesome because of his char skills, not because of his skills.
    Wrong game buddy.
    Check out WoWish games
    How to be Ray Pew[NA1]

My Videos Older vids

Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    drinking gets in the way of my lifting

dont nourish a terrible community. If you do so because you dont want a bad reputation, those terrible customers will keep away the good ones.
    Okay I'm laughing so hard right now are you a vet trolling? Be honest because this shit you wrote is pure gold. Dog shit painted gold.

#1. Without thousands of players in one world you can kiss the "Massive Multiplayer" part of MMO out of the window.

- I believe all sandbox games should take after CPP's EVE Online with everyone playing on one server that is global

#2. So you want what has already been made combat wise? Sorry bud but you're a bit late nearly all MMO players are right now striving for a player skill game. Not a gear game. Even the cripples who may not be the best ever at FPS games like me don't want WoW shit in my sandboxes

#3. You sound more "sane" in this area.

---------------

Personal Suggestion - Never try to get into game design. You'd fail and fall flat on your ass for not knowing how to make a good game.

Normal User

I'm also new to these forums and I can agree that the community is overwhelming negative... but your first two ideas do entirely miss the point of Darkfall. Like, the entire point.

Normal User

@OP

you have some strange ideas about MMO`S
    - 100 ppl pr server made me laugh

and btw did you notice that DF is an FPS MMO ?

sidenote: what your describing is a WoW game where you click/point then do buttons 1-9, Exceiting stuff!

You can do that to in darkfall, it just involves moving the mouse to aim aswell. This feature exsists in diablo 3 aswell, alas not in WoW.

Anyways, I recommend that you stay to paper RPG`s they seem to deliver what you want.

p.s: basicly what you are doing is applying your ideas about paper rpgs on to darkfall and see how it is incorrect, sorry its not on paper.

pp.s:
    The sand in DF is a lie.
    You only get the box.
    Last edited by Jiron; 06-16-2012 at 05:33.

Normal User

Default Bahhhhahahahaha

given the level of the answers I am receiving, I would also suggest this:

This guy is a total noob to darkfall - he wouldn't survive a moment in the game, he can't even survive our ruthless forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by Falokis
    If you aren't grinding, you must be dying faster and more often than all the children in Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaratos
    I was gonna focus, I suddenly get really sick, cant study at all. All I can do is play some darkfall to ease the pain. I am a degenerate.

Normal User

Why do people keep posting about the negative community? If you people thought for more than 2mins before posting you maybe wouldn't get such bad responses. Honestly there's some strong characters here, but i like this community way more than a group of your typical WoW players

Banned

hi. I am not subscribed to this game. I played the trial.

here are my ideas for sandboxes RPG in general. I think it can be applied to darkfall.

Tip 1: I dont think a server need thousands of persons to be fun. if a certain server has only 100 persons, you can diminish grind (to level up, to gather enough resources, to find the rare drop, drops of gold, etc), and boom, you will have 1 player making as much mess as 10 players would do.
    this way: 100 players equals 1000 players mess.
    each player will feel like they are awesome because the amount of mess and progress they are doing... this also makes each player more dangerous, more productive, more relatively important for other players. this makes the game fun.

I dont like to play a game where I have to play 10 days to do something funny. something that affect others players life.

A game can be fast paced, and still be played for months, or years... look at warcraft 3, diablo 2... they are super fast-paced, and they still make sucess.

Tip 2: Make a game that makes the player feel awesome because of his char skills, not because of his skills in controlling the char (like quake arena). If someone wants to play using his skills, a better game would be an FPS.

Tip 3: I want to be unique. I want to be necessary.
    what is the point in crafting something, if anyone can craft it.
    what is the point in calling a certain game an RPG, if it doesn't follow one of the basics principles of RPG: Limitations per char evolution.

I used to play RPG in tables, with paper charts of our chars.
    There is nothing better than the feeling that we are unique in what I do. The feeling that nobody else can do, and they need me.

here: bah... I am just another crafter, mage, fighter, etc...
    Erhm so where are your suggestions, you are only stating that you like rpg's how old are you again?

And if you want all those things try out Mortal Online it has fast skill gain and skill limits.

i wanna do the mess of 100 players D: