Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nba Finals

Great game..... Honestly I want a jaded supersonics fan to show up.

10,000+

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOkie View Post
    A foul is the reason the kings won....
    No, a game misconduct is why the Kings won.

The kings didnt win because someone accidentally slapped the hand of the other guy as he shot.

Maybe you will be able to keep up with the blatant disregard to the rules by the Devils when you watch it in slow motion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLLmE-22E6A

10,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    EE just doesn't like basketball because it's mostly black men. Look how rediculous his argument is.

The only thing different between hockey and basketball is there's no checking in basketball.
    Really? That is the only difference? I could have swore there where a shitload more.

7000+

Quote Originally Posted by [LoD] EE View Post
    No, a game misconduct is why the Kings won.

The kings didnt win because someone accidentally slapped the hand of the other guy as he shot.

Maybe you will be able to keep up with the blatant disregard to the rules by the Devils when you watch it in slow motion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLLmE-22E6A
    what's really fucking funny is that you see Quick warning him someone's coming and the guy still purposely puts his back to the guy and bends over. He basically asked to get injured. Not that it excuses the Bernier's action. I think they should also give penalties to people acting recklessly just like they do for diving.

PS: Basketball is a sissy-ass sport.

The only thing different between hockey and basketball is there's no checking in basketball.
    Hockey players travel about twice as fast.
    The rink in hockey are 200' by 85' in the NHL and 200' by 100' for international events while basketball courts are 94' by 50'
    There are contacts in hockey.
    Different set of rules.
    Hockey has a goalie which only allow for 5.6 goals per game on avg(32 shots per team on avg) while basketball on average has 136 points per game. (it's much harder to make straight-up goals like hockey since there's 2 pointers and 3 pointers and even if I'm not mistaken, 1 pointers on penalty shots)
    In hockey, if the puck hasnt crossed the red line before the belt is ringed, the goal does not count.
    Ice hockey allows fighting but penalize it.
    That's just a few things I got in about 5 mins.
    Last edited by Ragnarok Delrhe; 06-13-2012 at 13:37.

Join us on Twitch or on our forums!

Normal User

the NBA is about 2 notches above boxing on the "real" scale.....maybe

Without the refs dragging Heats ass thru to game 7, this would be over in 5

Quote Originally Posted by Koya Hijiri View Post
    the NBA is about 2 notches above boxing on the "real" scale.....maybe

Without the refs dragging Heats ass thru to game 7, this would be over in 5
    The thunder can always get to the free throw line. Nobody flops more then the spurs do so if they got past them they can easily get past the heat.

A successful game 1! Even though I am a huge Mavs Fan, I will be Thundering Up this entire series.

http://chzdailywhat.files.wordpress....f-the-day1.jpg
    Last edited by Red Seal; 06-13-2012 at 17:18.

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." - Edward Gibbon

Twitter Profile | Youtube Page | Twitch.tv Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOkie View Post
    Great game..... Honestly I want a jaded supersonics fan to show up.
    Hahaha if we were only so lucky. I don't think intense enough basketball fans roam these parts.

Game 1 was pretty good. Wade still looks lost, but with Battier/Chalmers playing like that the Heat had no reason to lose.

Well, the reason they lost was Durant/Westbrook! Durant was an absolute monster, and Westbrook played pretty great as well. Anytime Durant scores 30+ and Westbrook scores 25+ the Thunder win. Nick Collison with huge energy minutes off the bench. Sefolosha playing monster D. Impressive win.

Question: If KD outperforms Lebron in each of this series AND OKC wins the championship, is it reasonably to say he is the best player in basketball?
    Philnaer Grimtrove
    Senior Detective
    Glory Seeker
    Servant of the Great Beard

7000+ EU1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok Delrhe View Post
    what's really fucking funny is that you see Quick warning him someone's coming and the guy still purposely puts his back to the guy and bends over. He basically asked to get injured. Not that it excuses the Bernier's action. I think they should also give penalties to people acting recklessly just like they do for diving.

PS: Basketball is a sissy-ass sport.

Hockey players travel about twice as fast.
    The rink in hockey are 200' by 85' in the NHL and 200' by 100' for international events while basketball courts are 94' by 50'
    There are contacts in hockey.
    Different set of rules.
    Hockey has a goalie which only allow for 5.6 goals per game on avg(32 shots per team on avg) while basketball on average has 136 points per game. (it's much harder to make straight-up goals like hockey since there's 2 pointers and 3 pointers and even if I'm not mistaken, 1 pointers on penalty shots)
    In hockey, if the puck hasnt crossed the red line before the belt is ringed, the goal does not count.
    Ice hockey allows fighting but penalize it.
    That's just a few things I got in about 5 mins.

Did you really just take the time to type that out?

Love all the Basketball haters. GTFO of the thread then trolls! Notice the topic. If you don't like it, you don't have to post. Move along. Go make your own post about how awesome (insert sport here) is. It's not a discussion about what is a man sport and what isn't. It's a discussion about a particular event happening in A sport. Add value, or gtfo.

Sheesh.

K, where were we? #GoThunder!

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." - Edward Gibbon

Twitter Profile | Youtube Page | Twitch.tv Channel

7000+

Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    Did you really just take the time to type that out?
    yes and no.

Join us on Twitch or on our forums!