Default So I watched some of that Smite Game...

Some criticisms...

Csing seems to be way too easy. Something you don't need skill to do.

Ranged seems naturally overpowered. They are always able to pick people off from too far away.

It seems like it would get boring fast (don't really have support for this, just felt that way watching it).

They're selling select champions with a preorder, and I suspect they're OP vs the free champs.

Quote Originally Posted by Branwulf View Post
    Criminals will always get their weapons, it's the fucking lunatics that you should be worried about Colonist.
    Quote Originally Posted by United States Department of Education
    Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever.

4000+
    Did i ever tell you the definition of "insanity"?

1000+

I don't know much about SMITE. But I like the idea of playing from third person perspective.

7000+

Quote Originally Posted by Gloomrender View Post
    Some criticisms...

Csing seems to be way too easy. Something you don't need skill to do.

Ranged seems naturally overpowered. They are always able to pick people off from too far away.

It seems like it would get boring fast (don't really have support for this, just felt that way watching it).

They're selling select champions with a preorder, and I suspect they're OP vs the free champs.
    lol games suck.

Join us on Twitch or on our forums!

5000+

Game is in beta for one and like with any game it'll take quite a lot of balancing patches to get shit right, look how long it takes Riot to balance their new champions, then remember how broken a lot of champions were at the game's launch
    Frumpy Lump's rage
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    He said consumers make jobs appear. Let him explain how that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    I've done shit you probably would faint from even thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    At least I get to fuck.
    http://www.twitch.tv/makestro

7000+ EU1 Player

What I hear from a valid game critic is "it has potential"
    Last edited by Nunz; 06-10-2012 at 22:15.

dota 2

Wanderer
    (Guild Leader - The Wanderers)

Quote Originally Posted by Makestro View Post
    Game is in beta for one and like with any game it'll take quite a lot of balancing patches to get shit right, look how long it takes Riot to balance their new champions, then remember how broken a lot of champions were at the game's launch
    Lol yah I'm sure new champs are OP because Riot hasn't had enough time to properly balance them. It has absolutely nothing to do with them getting higher sales on OP shit.

Riot has had OP champs, but not for lack of trying to balance. I've even discussed design with some of the Devs, and they were honestly inept/didn't get the concept of balance on a basic level. They've gotten better though.

I guess these guys could be the same way but they're already selling certain champs for money only and I don't consider that a good sign in terms of the whole power selling thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Branwulf View Post
    Criminals will always get their weapons, it's the fucking lunatics that you should be worried about Colonist.
    Quote Originally Posted by United States Department of Education
    Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloomrender View Post
    Riot has had OP champs, but not for lack of trying to balance. I've even discussed design with some of the Devs, and they were honestly inept/didn't get the concept of balance on a basic level. They've gotten better though.

I guess these guys could be the same way but they're already selling certain champs for money only and I don't consider that a good sign in terms of the whole power selling thing.
    You can unlock any of the gods by playing - not sure where you're getting your poor info.

1000+

I've been playing for about a week now and it's pretty fun. If you win a game, you usually get 150-200 (depending on how long the game goes on) worth of purchase points (no idea what they call it, can't be arsed to remember). When you level up, you get an extra 1,000 points. All Gods cost 5500 (or like 560 gems or w/e).

The first 10 levels are very easy to gain, so you can easily get at least 2 Gods pretty fast. Or more if you play well.

The only bonus you get from buying the $20 pack is a big, diverse selection of Gods to play with in the start. Quite honestly, tho, the free 'starter' champs seem to be pretty powerful themselves. Especially Artemis which can stomp anything with some planning. Or completely turn around a team fight. It's my preferred champ even if I own all of them.

So far, there have been a few imbalances, but it's beta and they are working on fixing it. There are a few combinations that are damn hard to beat, tho, so if you're playing as a group, you'll be able to completely stomp just about anyone other than other pre-mades. Which is about the same for every MOBA.