Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 57
  1. #16
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxe View Post
    so fucking true... "An excellent goal by Gomez for Germany" yes ok, theres a german named with the last name Gomez... Poor Poland as well there best players are all playing for Germany xD
    Last edited by Raels; 06-10-2012 at 17:56.
    "Tide goes in, tide goes out, never a mis-communication... YOU, can't explain that."


    DF1 - Raels Shadowstalker/Captain Stickypants
    NA1 - Sero Nys

  2. #17
    3000+
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raels View Post
    so fucking true... "An excellent goal by Gomez for Germany" yes ok, theres a german named with the last name Gomez... Poor Poland as well there best players are all playing for Germany xD
    So Germany is not allowed to naturalize immigrants (btw, Gomez's mother is German, Podolski's paternal grandparents were German and Klose's family is of German ethnicity)? Or do you dislike the racial impurity?

    How do you feel then about your half black national team?
    Last edited by Rachsucht; 06-10-2012 at 19:12.

  3. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rachsucht View Post
    So Germany is not allowed to naturalize immigrants (btw, Gomez's mother is German, Podolski's paternal grandparents were German and Klose's family is of German ethnicity)? Or do you dislike the racial impurity?

    How do you feel then about your half black national team?
    my only issue with football is that they call the teams national while in reality they should be named by the clubs they play for since they have mostly nothing to do with nationality anymore

  4. #19
    3000+
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    3,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxe View Post
    my only issue with football is that they call the teams national while in reality they should be named by the clubs they play for since they have mostly nothing to do with nationality anymore
    You can only play for a nation is you have citizenship there.. Having citizenship means you are of that nationality. What are you talking about?

  5. #20
    3000+
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MattMystrieo View Post
    You can only play for a nation is you have citizenship there.. Having citizenship means you are of that nationality. What are you talking about?
    Yeah, I'm fairly sure that citizenship is a requirement.

  6. #21

  7. #22
    1000+ Joe`s Slave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    xD
    Posts
    1,416

    Default

    Adolf would be so mad if he saw German National team xD

    Joe`s Slave videos - Dorfs and others :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Banka plixz
    Nice vid from probably the only dwarf on EU1 that i fear to meet :D <3on.

  8. #23

  9. #24
    5000+
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Scotland & Norway
    Posts
    5,473

    Default

    Poland are playing quite good football! Would enjoy to see them go through alongside the Russians.
    Old UO RP'er who misses CoY and ERPA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beeblebrox View Post
    Come on, mate, you'll have better luck converting people door to door. Our souls are already marching to the eternal fire, we are forever tainted by too much internet porn and grand theft auto.

  10. #25
    11,000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    UK, obviously
    Posts
    11,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MattMystrieo View Post
    You can only play for a nation is you have citizenship there.. Having citizenship means you are of that nationality. What are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachsucht View Post
    Yeah, I'm fairly sure that citizenship is a requirement.
    And before someone inevitably starts arguing, citizenships are rarely just "handed out" willy nilly unless you've lived in the country at a very young age, were born there, or were born to citizens of that country. All three of which I believe gives you the right to represent the country.

    As for black people playing for western European countries, 300 years of trans-Atlantic slavery has pretty much rooted their geneology into Western and Central Europe as well as North America. In fact there's a good probability that they can't trace their roots back any further.

    But yeah, pre-emptive argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

  11. #26
    5000+
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Scotland & Norway
    Posts
    5,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 88Chaz88 View Post
    And before someone inevitably starts arguing, citizenships are rarely just "handed out" willy nilly unless you've lived in the country at a very young age, were born there, or were born to citizens of that country. All three of which I believe gives you the right to represent the country.

    As for black people playing for western European countries, 300 years of trans-Atlantic slavery has pretty much rooted their geneology into Western and Central Europe as well as North America. In fact there's a good probability that they can't trace their roots back any further.

    But yeah, pre-emptive argument.
    It's a little different - Aiden McGeady plays for Ireland, yet only his grandmother was Irish. Andy Carroll is eligible for Scotland with a Scots grandfather. Several of Scotland's squad (Commons, Bardsley). I think it should be limited to a parent's nationality.
    Old UO RP'er who misses CoY and ERPA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beeblebrox View Post
    Come on, mate, you'll have better luck converting people door to door. Our souls are already marching to the eternal fire, we are forever tainted by too much internet porn and grand theft auto.

  12. #27

  13. #28
    11,000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    UK, obviously
    Posts
    11,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kusghuul View Post
    It's a little different - Aiden McGeady plays for Ireland, yet only his grandmother was Irish. Andy Carroll is eligible for Scotland with a Scots grandfather. Several of Scotland's squad (Commons, Bardsley). I think it should be limited to a parent's nationality.
    That is a bit of a reach but at least they have some claim of descent which is better than the "random immigrants are taking over our teams" bullshit that the average football fan appears to believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

  14. #29
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koveras View Post
    They dont need to go home today anyway, Holland does though.

  15. #30
    1000+
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Posts
    1,706

    Default


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •