Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 59
  1. #16
    2000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    2,630

    Default

    How did this thread die so fast?

    Revived.

    I dont think it is THE prequel to "Alien", but i definitely think it is among prequels, as was SW Episode 1 when it came out to Episode 4. When i say prequel, i define a prequel as: a story that predates a later, already told story, placed in the same universe but at an earlier time, that assists in explaining the background history of the aforementioned later story

    Heres some food for thought:

    Spoiler


    also

    Quote Originally Posted by Bainwalker View Post
    Like I've already said the biggest issue I had with the movie is the overall lack of information given. It's a cool movie but without knowing where the Aliens came from or why they were on that moon just bugs the shit out of me.
    Spoiler
    Last edited by ColonelTEE3; 06-19-2012 at 21:13.

  2. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    The thread died because the movie was garbage. Nice looking garbage though.

    Remember that they made a carbon test to date the head of the engineer that got it cut off in the door when they escaped from the thing we don't get an answer to what was?

    It was 2000 years old. What happened on earth 2000 years ago? Jesus (engineer) got butchered.

    The engineers created us around 2 million years ago and kept us under supervision. Thus the cave painting and hieroglyphs all over the world (the invitation to come visit tihi).

    When they thought the experiment had become too unstable they sent a messenger (jesus) to fix shit. He got killed.

    The engineers took this as an indicator that their expirement had failed and that earth should be punished.

    Now. The planet that Prometheus lands on is an engineer military facility. 2000 years ago they were about to send earth a nasty surprise for killing their emissary (jesus) but something went wrong.

    When they awake the last living engineer and that engineer finds out that not only has their plan to wipe us out been 2000 years overdue, but we actually had the balls to show up and ask for eternal life (Weyland and the primary reason for the mission).

    The whole movie revolves around sacrifice to create new life and here the arrogant killer of the engineer ambassador are asking for selfish deeds.

    So there you have it. Pure garbage.
    Last edited by Bissen; 06-19-2012 at 21:27.

  3. #18
    5000+ karlek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NJ, USA
    Posts
    5,288

    Default

    Spoiler


    Bissen - How did we kill the engineer? I thought he dipped his fingers into that black goo stuff intentionally as far as I can remember... Looked like a suicide to me of some sort.
    Last edited by karlek; 06-19-2012 at 21:30.

  4. #19
    1000+ malebogia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    1,891
    Lord Malebo in game.
    Lux Arcana recruit.
    http://www.luxarcana.org/portal/

  5. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malebogia View Post

    Funny because it's true.

    Also loved how the guy with the flying mapping drones couldn't find his way out. The plot holes are countless.

  6. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    Bissen - How did we kill the engineer? I thought he dipped his fingers into that black goo stuff intentionally as far as I can remember... Looked like a suicide to me of some sort.
    That wasn't an enginner dipping his finger. That was the android. Either I'm missing what the fuck you're trying to ask or else you have seriously missed some plot details.

    The engineer (called so because they engineered us by sacrifice. see the intro of the movie) that got killed was jesus. The Romans killed him 2000 years ago. IF you believe that load of crap.
    Last edited by Bissen; 06-19-2012 at 21:49.

  7. #22
    5000+ karlek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NJ, USA
    Posts
    5,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    That wasn't an enginner dipping his finger. That was the android. Either I'm missing what the fuck you're trying to ask or else you have seriously missed some plot details.

    The engineer (called so because they engineered us by sacrifice. see the intro of the movie) that got killed was jesus. The Romans killed him 2000 years ago. IF you believe that load of crap.
    In the intro there is a pale muscular alien dude who lands on some unknown planet then proceeds to open up a can filled with black goo stuff. Then he gets "infected" with it and dies.

    Am I missing something? There were no Romans nor Jesus. Maybe we saw different movies?

  8. #23
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    658

    Default

    well its kind of a prequel in a sense, shows you how the alien race was created

    i would love to see what kind of civilization , armor and weapons and ships the Engineers use

    it also kinda explains why, human women can get pregnant, being born from the womb and all, then that squid thing , making a chest burster from the engineer

    i would like to know WTF that Black Goo stuff is

    i think in all, ridleys trying to create a universe of his own
    Nomed Starwind -- Dark Knight Nome D -- NomeD Ivel

    If you’re a man, then grab victory! Grab victory, and grab women’s tits!

    http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkKnightNomeD

  9. #24
    2000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    2,630

    Default

    I highly doubt the intro planet was earth. Bissen thats a hell of a lot of theory crafting, but i think you're reading too much into the "2000 years old" thing.

    Lets think about it -- the engineer THEY FOUND died 2000 years ago. Obviously the aliens they were producing as weapons had overcome them -- but this does not necessarily relate at all to Jesus or anything going on for Earth.

    If Jesus was truly an engineer, it'd be pretty fucking obvious he wasn't human, and couldn't possible have come from Mary. Its not like you couldn't pick out the 8 foot tall stronger-than-fuck guy amid human beings. To say Jesus was an engineer, sent by the engineer race to fix things, you'd have to assume

    A) Engineers looked a lot like humans looked back then, which is an impossible assumption, because the first engineer seen in prometheus looks like the latest engineer seen in Prometheus -- i.e., they didn't change physiologically, and you can pick out an engineer from a human without fail.

    or

    B) The story of Jesus as is told by the Bible is completely wrong, and the real story of Jesus involves this massive, 8 foot told, humanoid being, that is for some reason accepted as a human, because he could not have possibly come from Mary

    or

    C) The first engineer seen in the movie is not the creator of man-kind

  10. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    In the intro there is a pale muscular alien dude who lands on some unknown planet then proceeds to open up a can filled with black goo stuff. Then he gets "infected" with it and dies.

    Am I missing something? There were no Romans nor Jesus. Maybe we saw different movies?
    So you left the cinema without having some major questions?

    Please read the thread where I come up with the most obvious answers to those questions. Ridley Scott himself has hinted at the Jesus theory.

    The engineers are the aliens. They engineered us through sacrificing one of their owns DNA.

    They then kept us under supervision and even imprinted a location in the minds of the different cultures that arose on Earth (cavepaitings that you see in the movie).

    But their earth experiment went wrong. We evolved into a hostile warring creature and when they send an emmisary to fix shit (jesus) we killed him.

    The planet they travel to is an engineer military facility. And the head they find at the front of the door is aged 2000 years. Around the time when jesus (alien engineer) died.

    For killing him the engineers planned to erase their experimient and decided to send us a present of death. But the present attacked themselves. As seen in the holograph that shows up in the pyramid on the alien planet.

    At the end of the movie they find an alien in cryogenic sleep and decided to ask him for eternal life to Weyland. All this after we killed their ambassador. So the last engineer beats the crap out of the humans. And wants to fly the ship to earth to complete what should have been done to earth 200 years ago.

    Get it?

  11. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    I highly doubt the intro planet was earth. Bissen thats a hell of a lot of theory crafting, but i think you're reading too much into the "2000 years old" thing.

    Lets think about it -- the engineer THEY FOUND died 2000 years ago. Obviously the aliens they were producing as weapons had overcome them -- but this does not necessarily relate at all to Jesus or anything going on for Earth.

    If Jesus was truly an engineer, it'd be pretty fucking obvious he wasn't human, and couldn't possible have come from Mary. Its not like you couldn't pick out the 8 foot tall stronger-than-fuck guy amid human beings. To say Jesus was an engineer, sent by the engineer race to fix things, you'd have to assume

    A) Engineers looked a lot like humans looked back then, which is an impossible assumption, because the first engineer seen in prometheus looks like the latest engineer seen in Prometheus -- i.e., they didn't change physiologically, and you can pick out an engineer from a human without fail.

    or

    B) The story of Jesus as is told by the Bible is completely wrong, and the real story of Jesus involves this massive, 8 foot told, humanoid being, that is for some reason accepted as a human, because he could not have possibly come from Mary

    or

    C) The first engineer seen in the movie is not the creator of man-kind

    From the horses own mouth.

    Movies.com: You throw religion and spirituality into the equation for Prometheus, though, and it almost acts as a hand grenade. We had heard it was scripted that the Engineers were targeting our planet for destruction because we had crucified one of their representatives, and that Jesus Christ might have been an alien. Was that ever considered?

    RS: We definitely did, and then we thought it was a little too on the nose. But if you look at it as an “our children are misbehaving down there” scenario, there are moments where it looks like we’ve gone out of control, running around with armor and skirts, which of course would be the Roman Empire. And they were given a long run. A thousand years before their disintegration actually started to happen. And you can say, “Lets’ send down one more of our emissaries to see if he can stop it. Guess what? They crucified him.

  12. #27
    5000+ karlek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NJ, USA
    Posts
    5,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nomed44 View Post
    well its kind of a prequel in a sense, shows you how the alien race was created

    i would love to see what kind of civilization , armor and weapons and ships the Engineers use

    it also kinda explains why, human women can get pregnant, being born from the womb and all, then that squid thing , making a chest burster from the engineer

    i would like to know WTF that Black Goo stuff is

    i think in all, ridleys trying to create a universe of his own
    Black Goo stuff contradicts itself throughout the story. At first it has been shown to "slice" through DNA molecules (which was a failure) with intentions to destroy them. But was it really a weapon? It did not kill the living organisms but drastically and intelligently changed them. This Black Goo must be intelligent since it perfectly transforms the hosts without causing tumors and DNA defects. They could have made a virus that killed life but instead for whichever reason they had intentions of changing life.

    The Black Goo stuff was not a weapon but it rather seems like an "incomplete bio enhancer". Reason it is "incomplete" is because it did not provide noticeable intelligence to the species it used as hosts. It could also be due to lack of "taught culture" that they were less intelligent or maybe just a movie loophole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    So you left the cinema without having some major questions?

    Please read the thread where I come up with the most obvious answers to those questions. Ridley Scott himself has hinted at the Jesus theory.

    The engineers are the aliens. They engineered us through sacrificing one of their owns DNA.

    To me it seemed like "one of their own" came to that specific planet to end his own life. Whatever he left behind was an accidental byproduct that jump-started life on Earth. If the intro planet was Earth.

    They then kept us under supervision and even imprinted a location in the minds of the different cultures that arose on Earth (cavepaitings that you see in the movie).

    I did not see any direct evidence or implications that the Engineers have had any kind of supervision over us nor they have imprinted anything on us. Perhaps knowledge of the home star system was encoded within our genes and it popped up occasionally when our genes were not that "dilute".

    But their earth experiment went wrong. We evolved into a hostile warring creature and when they send an emmisary to fix shit (jesus) we killed him.

    As far as I can remember there were painting with what appeared humans worshiping things that looked like an Engineer. How did you get Jesus out of that? Could mean anything really.


    The planet they travel to is an engineer military facility. And the head they find at the front of the door is aged 2000 years. Around the time when jesus (alien engineer) died.

    They assume it is a military facility. What if it is a research facility for terraforming? There are better ways of wiping out species (nukes at least) rather than transforming them into extremely dangerous and contagious species via very intelligent virus.

    For killing him the engineers planned to erase their experimient and decided to send us a present of death. But the present attacked themselves. As seen in the holograph that shows up in the pyramid on the alien planet.

    Or this could be a facility to create life to make other planets habitable. And they had an outbreak of extremely adoptable species that they have been designing. You have to remember how durable Xenomorphs were. Maybe they used this virus to make biosphere then they had another virus to eliminate all of the virus-produced species once the planet was ready for Engineers to settle it.

    At the end of the movie they find an alien in cryogenic sleep and decided to ask him for eternal life to Weyland. All this after we killed their ambassador. So the last engineer beats the crap out of the humans. And wants to fly the ship to earth to complete what should have been done to earth 200 years
    ago.

    There is many explanations as why he has done that.

    Superiority complex where he did not consider them anything more than bugs that he could squish?

    If he was military then you would not want to reveal your technology to the potential enemy. That is called treason.

    Miscommunication?

    Psychosis due to very extended cryogenic sleep? If he slept there for 2,000 years then the chances are he could have been mentally disturbed or confused.

    Your theory could be right or combination of many others. Author is a teasing (possibly lazy) asshole

    Get it?
    Last edited by karlek; 06-19-2012 at 23:04.

  13. #28
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Theorycrafting protocol activated...

    ---

    Probability diagnostic - PROBABLE -

    ---

    The "engineer" displayed at the beginning of the film, next to the waterfall, which is planet earth btw, is either

    A. An incarcerated convict (his incarceration being carried out "offworld" (earth)

    B. An outcast, ostracised from the rest of the populace, see above. (same thing really)

    He obviously is being left behind on earth, although for what purpose we are not told. Rather then deal with his proposed fate (perhaps "sentence"), being that of living in solitude on some random offworld planet (earth), he decides to off himself with the goo.

    He was either given this goo (pirates of the carribean, one bullet to kill yourself style) or snuck it off the ship himself with the intent of offing himself rather than carrying out his "sentence", perhaps thats all there is to it, perhaps not.

    However...

    Maybe this individual was someone with great influence among an opposing political faction or w/e within the engineer race, with those that left him on the planet, expecting him to either live out the rest of his life in solitude so as to inhibit his influence upon the populace

    His last defiant effort to preserve his principles/code/legacy w/e, was to sacrifice himself with the goo in order to, ironically speaking, preserve some part of himself in the genetic material that would eventually give rise, through evolution of course, humans.

    That explains why the engineers, at least the ones depicted during the film, had been actively seeking and planning to destroy earth and its populace with the bio weapons.

    We, humans, reminded this particular military faction of engineers, of this ostracised individual.

    They hated him, and left him for dead, and we are, well, him.

    ---

    Then again, maybe it was the job of the ostracised one to stay behind, and for whatever reason didn't want to complete whatever it was his race wanted him to do, so he killed himself, with his DNA giving rise to humans, being only an accident, and the engineer's desire for our destruction, simply one of earth not being "approved" for life.

    ---

    Some of, or at least, a mixture of the above scenarios seem pretty likely imo.

    Then again, maybe the rise of the human race was completely planned out and desired by the engineers with the engineers being just as arrogant and self-superior to us as the humans depicted in the film werre to David, the android.

    ---

    OR

    Humanity's sole purpose was to be that of testing dummies, for the engineers new, spiffy, modern, 2000 years in the making bio weapon. Sort of how we test shit on other "lower" lifeforms, etc.

    ---

    I dunno, fuck this movie.

  14. #29
    5000+ karlek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NJ, USA
    Posts
    5,288

    Default

    One thing that I disagree with is that black goo being any kind of weapon. It is not a weapon if it turns primitive worms into what appears to be higher species.

    Also black goo is not a very efficient weapon. Surely engineers should have weapons to destroy planets or burn off atmosphere. That would be a lot more effective way of getting rid of humans.

    I think black goo stuff splices DNA then puts it back together in an intelligent way. It is striving to create Xenomorph species which was encoded into it. That black goo comes in contact with different species then learns from them to create more highly evolved creatures (could be also for genetic diversity). By this principle Xenomorphs can become intelligent species if black goo virus recognizes it important for survival.

    Or maybe Engineers just were weird in the head and did not like to kill planets via cheap nuclear fire but instead preferred to using highly contagious and unstable xenomorph viruses.

  15. #30
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Holly fuck was that a bad movie. Thank good i watched a pirated rip. Just a fyi-scott himself actually said Prometheus was going to be a alien prequel pre filming
    Last edited by Koya Hijiri; 06-20-2012 at 06:04.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •