Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Ethos

  1. #1
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Default Ethos


  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post

    Take a break from diablo scrubs
    i dont play diablo cause its shit

  3. #3
    8000+
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Florida, U.S.
    Posts
    8,358

    Default

    I don't need a dissertation on ethos, or logos for that matter, from hollywood scum.


  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suncross View Post
    I don't need a dissertation on ethos, or logos for that matter, from hollywood scum.
    Nahh. You need it from public servant scum taking orders from corporate/banker scum.

  5. #5
    8000+
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Florida, U.S.
    Posts
    8,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    Nahh. You need it from public servant scum taking orders from corporate/banker scum.
    I am not sure where that came from. I mostly listen to dead people. Hayek, Mises, Rothbard, Montesquieu, Locke, Mencken, Flynn, Lindbergh, etc. Pretty much the antithesis of what you just said.


  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suncross View Post
    I am not sure where that came from. I mostly listen to dead people. Hayek, Mises, Rothbard, Montesquieu, Locke, Mencken, Flynn, Lindbergh, etc. Pretty much the antithesis of what you just said.
    It came from your straw man ridicule. Trying to mock genuine concerns because it's presented by an actor.
    Last edited by Bissen; 06-03-2012 at 14:34.

  7. #7

    Default

    Bissen complaining about strawman. Har har har.


    Also fuck everyone who uses the word "strawman" for anything but actual strawmen.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emolas View Post
    Bissen complaining about strawman. Har har har.


    Also fuck everyone who uses the word "strawman" for anything but actual strawmen.
    I agree. It was used wrong.

    Now go back to worshiping your escalator building gods.
    Last edited by Bissen; 06-03-2012 at 15:20.

  9. #9
    8000+
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    8,076

    Default

    Woody Harrelson? Fuckin sweet, I'll watch it then.

  10. #10
    7000+
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Locash
    Posts
    7,385

    Default

    Watched this on Netflix awhile back; I don't recall being particularly impressed by any of it. Also, the severity of regulatory capture is way overstated in my view, at least in regards to the election process. Basically, everyone is scamming everyone out of money in the election process. It isn't as simple as company A just buying politician A's victory. There is also tons of money made by those campaigning themselves, and they often hold donors and different camps at ransom. So yeah, there is a bunch of corruption, but everyone is getting shafted.


    "Everytime you PK a newb, a breakdancer shitkicks a baby."-Goty

  11. #11
    8000+
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Florida, U.S.
    Posts
    8,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    It came from your straw man ridicule. Trying to mock genuine concerns because it's presented by an actor.
    Ok, how about this: because of his reputation within the hollywood community, and with working and getting paid with other hollywood actors, producers and the likes of whom love to trample on our rights if it seems like it may get them profits, I will not listen to it.

    I will not watch or listen to it because while some of the content or mores presented may seem enticing to replicate, abide by or agree with, the underlying tendency that hovers around these types of people is egregious.

    The subject of ethics is something that I take very seriously, and it is not straw man at all to discredit the people behind or presenting the material. The statement I made was just that, a statement. It wasn't open to interpretation or argument at all. There is nothing to prove wrong, seeing as he is in fact a part of the hollywood group. Scum can be debated, but he is a part of it.

    I don't understand why forumfall these days jumps straight to mad.


  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suncross View Post
    Ok, how about this: because of his reputation within the hollywood community, and with working and getting paid with other hollywood actors, producers and the likes of whom love to trample on our rights if it seems like it may get them profits, I will not listen to it.

    I will not watch or listen to it because while some of the content or mores presented may seem enticing to replicate, abide by or agree with, the underlying tendency that hovers around these types of people is egregious.

    The subject of ethics is something that I take very seriously, and it is not straw man at all to discredit the people behind or presenting the material. The statement I made was just that, a statement. It wasn't open to interpretation or argument at all. There is nothing to prove wrong, seeing as he is in fact a part of the hollywood group. Scum can be debated, but he is a part of it.

    I don't understand why forumfall these days jumps straight to mad.
    Looks like I made a bad judgment of character. For that I apologize.

  13. #13
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    I appreciate what you're saying suncross but there's a piece you've seemed to have left out of your conclusion of 'hollywood'.


    Lots of hollywood actors are not coming from a place of money. When they begin to take in a 'good' amount of money they're then introduced to a different life style. Different thoughts, different concerns, different morals, education and even conversations.

    I appreciate the ones that step out and remember where they came from. Try to give something back, after the veil has been lifted.
    Last edited by Nunz; 06-03-2012 at 22:35.

  14. #14
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanno View Post
    Watched this on Netflix awhile back; I don't recall being particularly impressed by any of it. Also, the severity of regulatory capture is way overstated in my view, at least in regards to the election process. Basically, everyone is scamming everyone out of money in the election process. It isn't as simple as company A just buying politician A's victory. There is also tons of money made by those campaigning themselves, and they often hold donors and different camps at ransom. So yeah, there is a bunch of corruption, but everyone is getting shafted.
    Nah, politicians are bought.


    It is that simple.

    Wait. that's not even what you;re saying.

    With all the shit in this video, youre going to say you're not impressed with it and then use that as your argument why? I fucking hate you.

    THat wasn't even the fucking point. They were showing how central banking was put into place.

    Im just gonna block you.
    Last edited by Nunz; 06-03-2012 at 22:46.

  15. #15
    7000+
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Locash
    Posts
    7,385

    Default

    Well, consider me forlorn. I shall pine for eternity

    Anyway, I'd give you a linguistics lesson (which all Forumfall would marvel at) as to why my above criticism is not the basis of my lack of satisfaction with the documentary. I could, but I suspect that, even at double your mental capacity, you wouldn't be able to comprehend it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    Im just gonna block you.


    "Everytime you PK a newb, a breakdancer shitkicks a baby."-Goty

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •