Page 1 of 6 12 ... LastLast
    7000+

Default Zimmerman back to jail.

A judge on Friday revoked the bond of the neighbourhood watch volunteer charged with killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin and ordered him returned to jail within 48 hours.

Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester said that George Zimmerman and his wife, Shellie, misled the court about how much money they had available when his bond was set for $150,000 in April. Prosecutors claim Zimmerman had $135,000 available that had been raised by a website he set up.

Zimmerman's wife testified at the bond hearing that they had limited funds available since she was a nursing student and Zimmerman wasn't working.

"He can't sit back and obtain the benefit of a lower bond based upon those material falsehoods," Lester said.

Defence attorney Mark O'Mara said the fact that Zimmerman and his wife never used the money for anything indicated "there was no deceit."

Prosecutor Bernie De la Rionda described the Zimmermans' testimony as "misleading."

"This court was led to believe they didn't have a single penny," said De la Rionda. "It was misleading and I don't know what words to use other than it was a blatant lie."

Prosecutors also said Zimmerman had failed to surrender a second passport, but the judge dismissed that concern as the equivalent of someone who has lost a driver's license, applies for a new one and then finds the old driver's license.

Zimmerman is pleading not guilty to second-degree murder and claims self-defence. Zimmerman shot Martin in February during a confrontation at a gated community of townhouses in Sanford, Fla., where Zimmerman lived and where Martin was visiting his father's fiancee.

The delay in an arrest for 44 days prompted protests nationwide and led to Sanford's police chief stepping aside so emotions could cool down.
    hm hm. I would totally trust his testimony. Good job dumbass.
    Last edited by Ragnarok Delrhe; 06-02-2012 at 04:17.

Join us on Twitch or on our forums!

12,000+

So fucking retarded. Oh you can afford the bond?

*Bond value raised*

How about now?

How fucking stupid is that, the judge set a bond specifically so that he could not afford it.
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"

Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

7000+

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post

*Bond value raised*

How about now?

How fucking stupid is that, the judge set a bond specifically so that he could not afford it.
    He actually set it so it would be extremely hard to get and therefore he wouldnt want to screw it over by skipping town. If you have to put your house up for your caution, you're less likely to skip town then if you have to put your doghouse for it.

Join us on Twitch or on our forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok Delrhe View Post
    He actually set it so it would be extremely hard to get and therefore he wouldnt want to screw it over by skipping town. If you have to put your house up for your caution, you're less likely to skip town then if you have to put your doghouse for it.
    you're wasting your time... these are the same people that think self defense laws allow you to instigate fights and shoot the other person

6000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    you're wasting your time... these are the same people that think self defense laws allow you to instigate fights and shoot the other person
    Which is exactly what all the witnesses, police reports, and evidence are suggesting.

7000+ EU1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Falokis View Post
    Which is exactly what all the witnesses, police reports, and evidence are suggesting.
    Don't go by what is posted in offtopic. They're only posting one side of the story here.

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    Don't go by what is posted in offtopic. They're only posting one side of the story here.
    There is only one side of the story that has witnesses and corroborating evidence, the other side is all speculations, race baiting and wishful thinking.

7000+ EU1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Rachsucht View Post
    There is only one side of the story that has witnesses and corroborating evidence, the other side is all speculations, race baiting and wishful thinking.

yeah man, no posts about witnessing recanting testimony and admitting lying to the police, or anything.

and don't think Im on one side or the other because I don't fucking care either way.

I just think offtopic is full of idiots.
    Last edited by Nunz; 06-02-2012 at 06:56.

6000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    yeah man, no posts about witnessing recanting testimony and admitting lying to the police, or anything.

and don't think Im on one side or the other because I don't fucking care either way.

I just think offtopic is full of idiots.
    So these witnesses lied before and should be trusted to be telling the real truth now? I'd be more likely to believe they are being threatened and are changing their stories now.
    Last edited by Falokis; 06-02-2012 at 07:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Falokis View Post
    So these witnesses lied before and should be trusted to be telling the real truth now? I'd be more likely to believe they are being threatened and are changing their stories now.
    they're mostly expanding on what they originally said

the initial investigator was leading the witnesses, and the mother of the 13 year old witness said this in an interview shortly after her son was questioned

did you actually read their statements and reasonings, or just read the title and run with it?

10,000+

*Bond value raised*

How about now?

I was going to mention the same thing.

Complete bullshit.

8000+

They did it because of a reason posted above. He used money that wasn't his. The only people that would be hurt by him skipping town is the people that donated. You see, they want you to put up cars and houses so that you are less likely to run. Had they used about only 50k in the bond, and then put up a house and a car, then he would be awaiting trail at home still and it wouldn't be an issue.

Normal User

*Bond value raised*

How about now?

and for you other tards I didnt quote~

A bond is set to make sure a defendants liquid cash is tied up so they cant go on the run/leave the country. -Most- people just dont have that kind of cash and put up a house/car.

FFS, learn the reasons before you open your vag's.

Quote Originally Posted by Suncross View Post
    They did it because of a reason posted above. He used money that wasn't his. The only people that would be hurt by him skipping town is the people that donated. You see, they want you to put up cars and houses so that you are less likely to run. Had they used about only 50k in the bond, and then put up a house and a car, then he would be awaiting trail at home still and it wouldn't be an issue.
    I dont think he was misleading. He set up the website, and the citizenry of america donated cash to him for his legal defense. That isnt funds of his to spend as he sees fit....its supposed to pay for his legal defense. Therefore, not disposable income.

He has presented no reason to suspect he will actually run. Where in the US could he go?