Normal User
    -Pro Bot-

Normal User US1 Player

No, it's been posted before.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfallin View Post
    No, it's been posted before.
    like 10 times now

Yay, one month's salary for a proper development/support/marketing team.

With the Darkfall's sequel launch later this year, Aventurine will have the opportunity to become a successful franchise.

Wow just wow. I haven't seen this before but in the 20 secs i skimmed over it I learned more about the future of Darkfall and AV than AV themselves have told us.

That is shocking.

Surely as an investor, the way AV treat their customers would concern you. I mean the customer gives them money and they don't update them very well, what makes them think that in the long term they will treat the investors the same way?

I suppose the fact that the can take their money back from AV at any time but we can't.

Shame on you AV. I've always seen customers as investors, so should you!

Av is not a publicly traded company.

More importantly, no amount of "communication" will help launch a product. Once the product is nearing launch ready, then communication becomes important.

Then you need to consider what being open with the development ideas has done in the past for Av. It consumes time...and.....well nothing else. People simply accuse Av of lying because something was changed to to feasibility, balance, or resourcing. There is nothing to be gained by communicating with the whining kids on these forums.
    "I May be dumb, but I'm not stupid!"
    - The Village Idiot

Banned US1 Player

The investment in Aventurine amounts to € 2.6 million and will be effected by subscription to a convertible bond issue (the "Issue"). The Issue is linked to Aventurine's performance and will mature in March of 2015, while InternetQ will have the option to convert the bonds into equity at any time. Assuming the conversion takes place within seven months from the launch of Darkfall's sequel (code-named Darkfall 2.0), InternetQ will own c.40% of the Company's share capital. Following such conversion, InternetQ will also have the option to buy additional Company shares in order to control the majority of its share capital.
    €2.6M/.4 = €6.5 million total

€12.15 monthly sub

€6.5 million/ €12.15= 534,979 monthly sub payments.

Assuming the average amount of months a person plays an mmo is like 5-6months? some less, some more.

534,979/6 month = 89,163 players?

Who are they fooling?

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Doo View Post
    Who are they fooling?
    They're fooling the investors...

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Doo View Post
    €2.6M/.4 = €6.5 million total
    I don't understand what you are calculating here.

I read the announcement that way, that InternetQ buys 40% of AV for 2.6M in cash. Thus they would only need that 2.6M in subscriptions to break even ...?
    Sherd Nazeer

Banned US1 Player

I was assuming they gave 40% of it for 2.6mil because they felt that was a fair amount to get for 40% of their shares. Which then assumed that they think the total value of the shares is 6.5mil. So I guess what i'm asking is... what kind of marketing/promo/viral approach is AV going to take in order to get 50k+ players to subscribe?

doesn't seem likely, and i'm not a hater of AV i'm just being realistic here. its an indie game that requires the same sub fee as the AAA games out there... with lots of bugs, etc.

While I love the game's style I just don't see 50k+ players coming to this game. With all the horrible reviews 1.0 gets, with the horrible online rep that AV has (seriously, google it and see how many ex-vets rage on them), I just don't see how it's possible.

To AV; It doesn't matter if the reviews are wrong and the ex-vets are just ignorant morons. Hell, you guys could be better game dev's than Shigeru Miyamoto himself (lol), but it wouldn't matter because you have HORRIBLE P.R.

To AV's Forum mod's: I know that 99.9% of the people on these forums are trolls/assholes/losers... but it's YOUR job to suck up to the customers and pretend like they matter. They're not asking for honesty, they just want you to bullshit them to their faces so they feel like they matter.

-End.

Normal User

yeah 8 years now all re-rolling the darkfall engine