Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The lack of imagination in gaming is hidden behind 'reality'. When you are out of ideas you try to bring it as close as possible to the real stuff...lame.
    Lord Malebo in game.
    Lux Arcana recruit.
    http://www.luxarcana.org/portal/

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by malebogia View Post
    The lack of imagination in gaming is hidden behind 'reality'. When you are out of ideas you try to bring it as close as possible to the real stuff...lame.
    it's called immersion.
    Knuggs Benson

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdafied View Post
    it's called immersion.
    ok, immersion, at the cost of losing all fun playing the game. Boring combat.

Also, irl if i wear a helm on my motorbike i can see way more than this guy sees on his computer screen. It is not realistic... it's just a half arsed attempt on realism which is not achievable on a computer monitor.

Maybe once we have high speed holographic projectors mounted on top and bottom of the ceiling, while you sit in the middle of the room raised up, having the projectors cast a full 3d environment all around you, we can start talking about realism.

Maybe add a treadmill where you stand, which adjusts itself to your walk speed automatically, a shotgun as control device, and of course a full body suit which electrocutes you at the spot a zombie jumps you if you do not take it down in time.

THIS would be close to realistic. Until that level is reached, i'd rather have fun playing a game.
    Last edited by pZombie; 05-30-2012 at 21:21.

7000+ EU1 Player

Immersion is something that is created in the mind. Not on a fucking computer screen.

If you need something to be 'realistic' to be immersed then you have no imagination.
    Last edited by Nunz; 05-30-2012 at 21:50.

7000+

Quote Originally Posted by pZombie View Post
    Also, irl if i wear a helm on my motorbike i can see way more than this guy sees on his computer screen. It is not realistic... it's just a half arsed attempt on realism which is not achievable on a computer monitor.
    http://faithinfakes.files.wordpress....bike-armor.jpg

Interesting
    The Ultimate Sticky Back

Quote Originally Posted by Itwasnt Luck View Post
    idk why people keep bringing this up. THE GOOD PLAYERS WILL NOT USE 1ST PERSON.

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    lol cry babies, mimimimi the helmet blockt my vision, you don't say thats what helmets do. if you don't like it wear another one lol
    I'm sorry, is this EU-1 ?
    Last edited by Chipatama; 05-31-2012 at 02:50.

A bike helmet is designed to protect your head and neck while also having maximum visibility.

People are not thrusting narrow blade weapons, axes or arrows into your facial region while you are riding your bike.

Also, helmets have advanced 800 years since the era this game was based upon.
    Last edited by Wonderboy2402; 06-03-2012 at 22:59.
    "Locked. Saying Scots have thievery in their genes is a no-no."

"That's like being the best cripple in the special Olympics."

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by pZombie View Post
    ok, immersion, at the cost of losing all fun playing the game. Boring combat.

Maybe once we have high speed holographic projectors mounted on top and bottom of the ceiling, while you sit in the middle of the room raised up, having the projectors cast a full 3d environment all around you, we can start talking about realism.

Maybe add a treadmill where you stand, which adjusts itself to your walk speed automatically, a shotgun as control device, and of course a full body suit which electrocutes you at the spot a zombie jumps you if you do not take it down in time.

THIS would be close to realistic. Until that level is reached, i'd rather have fun playing a game.
    Im not sure how you consider the combat boring in Mortal. Its not all WoFs and 90s. The melee combat is actually quite fun if you find an equal opponent. Ive had much more adrenaline induced fun fights in Mortal than DF has ever given me. Much more skill based then stat based. You guys just made you cant handle the 1st person view and need the noobish 3rd person and giant AoEs with WoFs to feel superior. Mortal is more close to Mount and Blade combat , as DF is like an arcade shooter.

Everyone bitching about the FoV being blocked by a helmet can choose not to wear one or wear a less protective one. No one forces you to wear it. Its like wearing heavy armor and bitching cause its heavy. You wear it for protection.

Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    games that are 100% twitch base are also shallow and don't leave very much room for strategy/tactics.

7000+

Quote Originally Posted by TheMap View Post
    Im not sure how you consider the combat boring in Mortal. Its not all WoFs and 90s. The melee combat is actually quite fun if you find an equal opponent. Ive had much more adrenaline induced fun fights in Mortal than DF has ever given me. Much more skill based then stat based. You guys just made you cant handle the 1st person view and need the noobish 3rd person and giant AoEs with WoFs to feel superior. Mortal is more close to Mount and Blade combat , as DF is like an arcade shooter.

Everyone bitching about the FoV being blocked by a helmet can choose not to wear one or wear a less protective one. No one forces you to wear it. Its like wearing heavy armor and bitching cause its heavy. You wear it for protection.
    This is why i'm still interested in MO, but what i hate the most in combat, are these damn hybrid mages. With the fact that offensive magic are auto target based... Anyways, they fixed the desync problem it seems and the parry delays.

What i hate, is how easy it is to run away in the middle of a fight. to retreat, you can simply sheath your weapon and back peddle for ever. You won't need to dodge anything to get slowed down and your stamina stands still when you run without a weapon equipped.(Tell me if i'm wrong.)
    The Ultimate Sticky Back

Quote Originally Posted by Itwasnt Luck View Post
    idk why people keep bringing this up. THE GOOD PLAYERS WILL NOT USE 1ST PERSON.