Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 160
  1. #136
    Banned Chipatama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Le Faucigny
    Posts
    2,323

    Default

    Stop talking to DC gaize.
    He doesn't understand food.

  2. #137
    11,000+ Death's Chill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muddymess View Post
    What?

    It's true our bodies want fat, salt and calories because of former scarcity, but you don't need either to make food with flavor.
    Please let me know how to make food with flavor that does not involve those three critical elements.


    Yummy.

  3. #138
    Banned Chipatama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Le Faucigny
    Posts
    2,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    Please let me know how to make food with flavor that does not involve those three critical elements.
    For instance the food itself.

  4. #139
    11,000+ Death's Chill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,226

    Default

    Healthy food has no flavor. Vegetables taste horrible unless cooked in a soup, or in a dip, or in a salad with a rich dressing.

    Fruits are full of sugar.

    Meat is full of fat and meat that has little fat is dry and tastes bad (pork chops, extra lean beef, chicken breast, etc..).

    All of those healthy foods require some form of sauce, dressing or alternative flavor infuser to truly taste good.

    The only exceptions I know are fish, which is insanely expensive, or eggs. Eggs are really the only exception I can think of to the rule, but only egg whites. The yock has a shit ton of cholesterol.


    Yummy.

  5. #140
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    DC has limited experience in life and generalizes everything.


    You're not going to get through to him. He needs an exciting IRL friend.


    Quote Originally Posted by Chipatama View Post
    For instance the food itself.
    I really like this guy lol
    Last edited by Nunz; 05-28-2012 at 15:50.

  6. #141
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    Listen death, I'm gonna bestow upon you some ancient wisdom my forefathers taught me..



    Not everyone that goes out for a night of drinking is a barbaric animal.

    Just because a woman is comfortable with her sexuality this does not make her a slut.

    Most people do not agree with you so stop talking in definite terms.





    Sometimes you have to man up and consider the real issues of where you are in life if you want to improve it. That means stop blaming everyone else.
    Last edited by Nunz; 05-28-2012 at 15:59.

  7. #142
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    The main problem is simply time and energy are at an all-time low for nearly everyone. If you're lucky enough to have a job in the states, you will be required to do more work for the same pay often compared to before.

    So people are stressed out, and don't feel like cooking for themselves when they get home.

    How do you solve that?

    It's not surprising that a stressed out, depressed, angry country plays host to extremely poor dietary and fitness lifestyle.

    All the dots connect in some way. Fixing just one isn't enough.


    These are all good points, though.
    Last edited by Nunz; 05-28-2012 at 16:02.

  8. #143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    Vegetables taste horrible unless cooked in a soup, or in a dip, or in a salad with a rich dressing.
    What I've found is that your tastes of what is sweet, salty and savoury as well as sour and bitter are relative between the foods you eat. If you cut out foods that balance sweet, salty and savoury in as large quantities as possible while avoiding sourness and bitterness, you can appreciate these aspects in vegetables without being overwhelmed by the bitterness (after a while).

    On an unrelated note...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    Oh dude, I completely understand having a realistic interest and understandable doubts. That's why I posted that this should be about the conversation and investing in more research. Which starts off by interesting the public.
    Okay, but I was directly addressing this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    we had a discussion about was whether this research was based only off questionnaires.

    You don't grasp what just happened, huh?
    You said yourself that the discussion is about whether the research just used questionnaires. That is what I talked about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    Yeah dude, I could give you a map and you wouldn't be able to find your way through this shit. In fact, I did. It's in my posts in this thread.
    I'm saying is that you cannot tell, even from the great map you provided, whether they just used questionnaires or not. I would say that your map skirts around the point entirely because you don't provide access to the article itself (without payment).

    Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    I have taken a level of faith in the study mostly based off the fact there is public scrutiny regarding this research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    For everyone else who's interested: This information will be suppressed because there's too much money to be lost if the public takes interest in it.
    How much scrutiny can be given by the public if merely taking interest in it will cause it's suppression? Also, how much scrutiny can the public give if the article is unavailable to the public?

    I would say, around the extent seen in this thread.

  9. #144
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Post

    You're actually confusing me. I think you might be so far behind that I have to go in reverse to understand you.


    http://www.bristol.ac.uk/alspac/

    That's the study the work is based off of.




    Yeah, dude, you don't grasp the complexity or implications of this issue and I can't explain it to you because you would have to humble your self and listen for a bit. Then research your self. I don't expect you to have that capability.
    Last edited by Nunz; 05-28-2012 at 18:04.

  10. #145
    1000+
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    Healthy food has no flavor. Vegetables taste horrible unless cooked in a soup, or in a dip, or in a salad with a rich dressing.

    Fruits are full of sugar.

    Meat is full of fat and meat that has little fat is dry and tastes bad (pork chops, extra lean beef, chicken breast, etc..).

    All of those healthy foods require some form of sauce, dressing or alternative flavor infuser to truly taste good.

    The only exceptions I know are fish, which is insanely expensive, or eggs. Eggs are really the only exception I can think of to the rule, but only egg whites. The yock has a shit ton of cholesterol.
    Veggies are good when you don't blast the shit out of them on high heat and when you combine flavors that go together.

    I fucking love steamed veggies, no oil, I do add a little sea salt and pepper, but again not using frozen veggies which already have salt on them.

    It's not hard to make a stir fry sauce that tastes amazing, and using low heat to cook the food over time makes it much much much better and doesn't stick to the pan, everything is moist and juicy. I prefer them to still be crispy, not all mushy from being overdone.

    One of my favorite stir fry sauces is: peanut butter, honey, chili paste, squeezed orange, tamarind pods, garlic and soy sauce. I mean you throw the shit on some noodles or rice with vegetables and every bite tastes great.

    I also have a cupboard full of spices, curries, herbs I add to the above sauce to give it some variety.

    With rice I throw some dried herbs in with it while it cooks which adds flavor, even a couple bay leaves on some dishes.

    I just had a bunch of blood work done after not eating dairy/refined oils(even olive)/eggs/meat(other than fish I catch when camping) for 2 years and I must be a mutant American because my shit was perfect. CRP high sensitivity score, which is an indicator of heart disease and ranges from 0.0-10.0 was 0.1 where the cutoff for a "low risk" is 1.0, I'm at 1/10th the boundary for low risk. Similarly my protein levels were normal, calcium, etc everything. Same BMI I had when I worked construction and I used to eat the nastiest shit several years ago(am-pm bbq rib sandwich+hotdog and energy drink for lunch)..I also used to get debilitating migraines 6x per year and haven't had one in 1.5 years.

  11. #146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    You're actually confusing me. I think you might be so far behind that I have to go in reverse to understand you.


    http://www.bristol.ac.uk/alspac/

    That's the study the work is based off of.



    Yeah, dude, you don't grasp the complexity or implications of this issue and I can't explain it to you because you would have to humble your self and listen for a bit. Then research your self. I don't expect you to have that capability.
    And you can find a list of publications from ALSPAC data here: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/alspac/sci-com/pubs

    This work does not have to use the same data as these works. This work does not have to utilize all of the data in this study, or even all of the relevant information in the study.

    I understand the implications of the issue, the reason that's not apparent is because that's not what you were talking about when I responded. I don't understand the complexity because you have provided none of the complexities of the work. This has nothing to do with humbling. You are not understanding that what I'm typing is not supposed to be full of implications. It does not need to be. It has a yes or no answer, which the study's validity does not hinge on.

    I am so far behind because you've made assumptions a while back and posted up to 5 times in a row since then. Whether I'm retarded or not, I'm not going to respond any more. You're insufferable.

  12. #147
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon.Cleaner View Post
    And you can find a list of publications from ALSPAC data here: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/alspac/sci-com/pubs

    This work does not have to use the same data as these works. This work does not have to utilize all of the data in this study, or even all of the relevant information in the study.

    I understand the implications of the issue, the reason that's not apparent is because that's not what you were talking about when I responded. I don't understand the complexity because you have provided none of the complexities of the work. This has nothing to do with humbling. You are not understanding that what I'm typing is not supposed to be full of implications. It does not need to be. It has a yes or no answer, which the study's validity does not hinge on.

    I am so far behind because you've made assumptions a while back and posted up to 5 times in a row since then. Whether I'm retarded or not, I'm not going to respond any more. You're insufferable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    I want to address this again to be clear.


    I have taken a level of faith in the study mostly based off the fact there is public scrutiny regarding this research. And the past work done and awards presented to this group of researchers. The information is relatively new but I'm certainly taking an interest and waiting to hear future reports.


    I neglect to go into fine detail as I am in no way of any stature or education to refute the evidence that is presented. If you feel you are, I suggest you contact them or search the internet for more information.

    But whatever you do, please don't use our lack of education in this field as an excuse not to believe the information presented.

    Did you not read this?

  13. #148
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    That's what I mean, man. I already addressed your point so you're confusing me because you claim to be caught up but I don't think you are :/

  14. #149
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    Hey man, I'm not trying to fuck with you. I second guess my self a lot so I have to remain hard fast on my point or it's easy for me to get lost in all the small details people throw out to trip you up. They're symptoms of a small mind


    I also picked up some very sarcastic undertones in your writing so I was a little defensive.


    If you're asking for the fine details and information on this study, I can't provide that for you. I'm in no place to refute the evidence even if I believe I've discovered something because I don't have the knowledge of the steps involved in a study like this.

    If you feel you do, by all means, take it upon your self to do individual research. PLEASE DO THAT! Please, fucking prove this all wrong. Or all right. Idc.

    Just don't be an idiot, like most of these people.
    Last edited by Nunz; 05-28-2012 at 18:39.

  15. #150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    I'm in no place to refute the evidence even if I believe I've discovered something because I don't have the knowledge of the steps involved in a study like this.
    This is all I was saying. You were being an asshole to PirateGlen, when you don't know any better than him, or me, but I'm just not pretending to. I don't think the validity of the study even hinges on it, anyways. You linked the site again for my third post, which would be irrelevant if you understood my point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    I have taken a level of faith in the study mostly based off the fact there is public scrutiny regarding this research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    For everyone else who's interested: This information will be suppressed because there's too much money to be lost if the public takes interest in it.
    As I said before, how much scrutiny can be given by the public if merely taking interest in it will cause it's suppression? Also, how much scrutiny can the public give if the article is unavailable to the public? I would say, around the extent seen in this thread. I think that your trust in misplaced; if you're able to overcome your second guessing, then I think you've gone out of the scope of the information in the press release and abstract. The press release and abstract are probably the only intelligible and available pieces of information on the study for most, so why venture out of their scope for this discussion? You say the same things over and over again like it makes them true, then tell people they're dumb and to suck your dick. That's the sort of public scrutiny available. Take the article for what it is; I have already duly noted it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •