Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21
  1. #16

    Default

    Content/sand/updates/etc are all part of paying a monthly fee for a game. When AV gives more content i'll give more money.

    If you reward them for doing nothing, i duno what to say. Sucks that you've pigeonholed yourself into 1 game, because there's alot of others that are amazing.

    Pretty sure UO still has 10's of thousands of subs, not too mention all the free servers with the same amount of people. It's sad that AV can't keep 1k people active in this game, since it's such a gem and literally had the chance to revolutionize the mmo market.
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=380771&date  line=1345590091

  2. #17
    Normal User frogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    800

    Default

    Given that there is a 14 day trial I really doubt making DF f2p will do anything for the population. The only think making DF F2P would do is make hackers run rampant.


    Quote Originally Posted by rootedoak View Post
    I will tolerate them [safe zones], but I feel that they hurt the "essence", the magical feeling, that Darkfall had, the one that captured all of us and kept us watching and waiting for years.

  3. #18
    Normal User frogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forker View Post
    Pretty sure UO still has 10's of thousands of subs, not too mention all the free servers with the same amount of people. It's sad that AV can't keep 1k people active in this game, since it's such a gem and literally had the chance to revolutionize the mmo market.
    AV has already proven that they don't have the capability to update the game as fast/frequently as they need to to be able to to keep it alive.
    Last edited by frogg; 05-27-2012 at 14:18.


    Quote Originally Posted by rootedoak View Post
    I will tolerate them [safe zones], but I feel that they hurt the "essence", the magical feeling, that Darkfall had, the one that captured all of us and kept us watching and waiting for years.

  4. #19
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forker View Post
    It's sad that AV can't keep 1k people active in this game, since it's such a gem and literally had the chance to revolutionize the mmo market.
    We all agree darkfall is a gem, but most of us saw the flaws after a few months of playing.

    Some claim Darkfall is a pvp mmo, but what most players did was killing NPCs for months after months. PVP players didn`t want to spend their time killing NPCs and PVE players didn`t like the full-loot. AV have to face the fact that there isn`t more than a few hundred players in the world that likes a full-loot pve mmo.

    AV should make the game free to play with no trails. Hackers would have to buy the game and risk the loss of the account if they get cougth. AV could sell monthly 4x gain bonus, pvp gear and other stuff to earn money. I bet they`d get more money from that than 15$ a month from 400 players.

    That might keep DF1 afloat untill DF2.

  5. #20
    1000+
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frogg View Post
    Given that there is a 14 day trial I really doubt making DF f2p will do anything for the population. The only think making DF F2P would do is make hackers run rampant.
    Hackers used to hack with trials already, legit ppl would quit at or before 14days due lack of pop, patch etc etc...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    Expansion / Relaunch doesn't mean a server wipe but it may give fresh options to new and existing players.
    I'll repeat that we're not going to wipe the servers in case that's still unclear.
    Source: http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...d.php?t=265301

  6. #21
    15,000+ Niburu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frogg View Post
    Given that there is a 14 day trial I really doubt making DF f2p will do anything for the population. The only think making DF F2P would do is make hackers run rampant.
    you are not really up to date it seems

    http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/?p=3188

    We would also like to inform you that Free Trials are no longer available.

    newb
    Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Playing Darkfall is the most fun I've ever had on a computer with my pants zipped up and both hands on the desk.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •