Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1000+

Default I called it...F2P

A year ago when population was dropping fast i made a thread saying that the game should go free to play, some ppl got mad and shit, but looks like those that didn't like the idea are now asking for it.

That's the only way.

Just sell, addons for house that can also be dropped in game, meditation points, exp boost crap and many other stuff that can be sold and df will be ok.

I'm only coming back to DFO if F2P or 10k player base, had my share with playing with only 200ppl in that huge world.
    Last edited by Ka0ru; 05-26-2012 at 11:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    Expansion / Relaunch doesn't mean a server wipe but it may give fresh options to new and existing players.
    I'll repeat that we're not going to wipe the servers in case that's still unclear.
    Source: http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...d.php?t=265301

Quote Originally Posted by Ka0ru View Post
    A year ago when population was dropping fast i made a thread saying that the game should go free to play, some ppl got mad and shit, but looks like those that didn't like the idea are now asking for it.

That's the only way.

Just sell, addons for house that can also be dropped in game, meditation points, exp boost crap and many other stuff that can be sold and df will be ok.

I'm only coming back to DFO if F2P or 10k player base, had my share with playing with only 200ppl in that huge world.
    this said ppl in 2007!!! you late little buddy
    Dfo.eu @ Facebook

"Viel Feind, viel Ehr"
    "The more danger, the more honor"

1000+

I guess if the price of a beer and asandwitch once a month is the main thing holding you back from Darkfall it will be welcomed news!

But if that is the case darkfall is the last thing you should be worrying about. My advice would be for you to go out and do at least one hours work a month, that should cover the bill.

Good luck, I am roooting for you.
    Last edited by -ZH-; 05-26-2012 at 12:15.
    Quote Originally Posted by Death2u View Post
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by -ZH- View Post
    I guess if the price of a beer and asandwitch once a month is the main thing holding you back from Darkfall it will be welcomed news!

But if that is the case darkfall is the last thing you should be worrying about. My advice would be for you to go out and do at least one hours work a month, that should cover the bill.

Yes played the game for 3years, unsubbed due lack of population and content, those 3 years made me run out of money! Now i got put money together to pay for food around here.

Expansion / Relaunch doesn't mean a server wipe but it may give fresh options to new and existing players.
    I'll repeat that we're not going to wipe the servers in case that's still unclear.

13,000+

I was going to post something worthwhile but then I thought...

meh, it's too hot outside.
    The Swing - IMMORTALS
    Class: Swing
    Roles: 1) Swing Approves
    2) JUST AS PLANNED
    3) No u
    4) Faka you mutha

Quote Originally Posted by Ka0ru View Post
    Yes played the game for 3years, unsubbed due lack of population and content, those 3 years made me run out of money! Now i got put money together to pay for food around here.
    ehh. i dont have a joob but still can pay for a 11 euro sub every month.
    if you started to go out of money its time to start to think about to do something about it.
    Its not the games fault that you got no cash for food.
    Think you spend more than 11-14 euro every month on candy/ smokes or something that you dont need.

i7 2600k 4.2ghz hyperthreading off
    8GB DDR3 1600mzh
    EVGA GTX 780 SSC
    Dell UltraSharp 27" U2711 2560x1440

Banned EU1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Swing View Post
    I was going to post something worthwhile but then I thought...

meh, it's too hot outside.
    You're not fooling anyone!

7000+

F2p is not the solution and it will make it worst.

The community killed it with the vet vs casual bullshit. With a perma x4, there won't be that type of this shit anymore and players will come back.

The x4 exp was good the 1st time, but since it was only 3 day, it made the game worst since a lot of players missed it. Those who didnt need it took full advantage of it and those who needed it couldn't go pretty far with it.
    The Ultimate Sticky Back

Quote Originally Posted by Itwasnt Luck View Post
    idk why people keep bringing this up. THE GOOD PLAYERS WILL NOT USE 1ST PERSON.

Normal User

keep paying a sub for those table dances, Im sure AV loves you....

Have not played in over a year and I still get a kick out of you guys paying AV to do nothing. When was the last patch lol? shit broken last summer that were broken all year are still broken.

There are expenses associated with keeping the servers online. $15 a month is a fair price for the amount of hours I put into the game. I don't understand this free-to-play craze. When did gamers get so cheap?

"Even now, I could cut through the five of you like carving a cake." -Ser Barristan Selmy

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Liverbest_Gibs View Post
    There are expenses associated with keeping the servers online. $15 a month is a fair price for the amount of hours I put into the game. I don't understand this free-to-play craze. When did gamers get so cheap?
    When there's 10+ games launching every month each costing $50+ and the games are so easy/regurgitated that people play for a month or two tops and move onto another, and 90% of them are free to play.

F2P is the new craze, problem is 99% of F2P models are F2Play and P2Enjoy.

-Andrew
    Kimoshu Grakenshalmn

Middleman Rep

1000+

game is just bad

remove magic beyond greater
    advertise, wipe, relaunch

thats all, then you have plenty of time to rework broken shitstuff like housing/sieging/pvp hotspots
    # 06:27:40 PM: Owh Wooah are the proud new owners of Eronetil.
    # 06:27:40 PM: Owh Wooah won the challenge against Sick Bastards!

I never understood why people prefer F2P. It destroys immersion, severely limits what you can do...

P2P is cheap as fuck. 15 bucks a month is pocket change unless you're homeless.

Yummy.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    I never understood why people prefer F2P. It destroys immersion, severely limits what you can do...

P2P is cheap as fuck. 15 bucks a month is pocket change unless you're homeless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverbest_Gibs View Post
    its simple math.

Shit games with a shit population reach a point on the $$ numbers when they would make more cash just selling in game swag. If you do it right (WoT) you can make more money then if you had a straight up monthly sub.

Only reason DF1 doesnt go F2P is because~
    /they would have to actually work on something (to keep people buying the latest 'swag)
    /they cant even get their monthly sub webpage to work right 100%. and simple shit that happens every day (chargebacks) are a OMG ban him for life! problem for them
    Last edited by Koya Hijiri; 05-27-2012 at 03:51.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Koya Hijiri View Post
    /they cant even get their monthly sub webpage to work right 100%. and simple shit that happens every day (chargebacks) are a OMG ban him for life! problem for them
    lol