Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more trials

Default No more trials

So most think "no more trials" means:

• F2P incoming, or
    • GSO gold sellers

I'll give you a third option:

• Promotion = Current active accounts get a free invite to DF2 beta and 10% off DF2 new game price.

Makes sense... trial accounts will have all expired in 14 days, they release the promo and people have to re-sub to take advantage of it. Spike in subs, therefore $$, pop grows for a little while, beta sometime in Q3, DF2 release 2013.

Just my crystal ball contribution.
    Έχετε ακόμη και σηκώστε

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Preparation H View Post

• F2P incoming, or
    • GSO gold sellers

I'll give you a third option:

• Promotion = Current active accounts get a free invite to DF2 beta and 10% off DF2 new game price.

Makes sense... trial accounts will have all expired in 14 days, they release the promo and people have to re-sub to take advantage of it. Spike in subs, therefore $$, pop grows for a little while, beta sometime in Q3, DF2 release 2013.

Just my crystal ball contribution.
    Only 1 problem

there's no spoon.

Normal User

dont know if itll have anything to do with 2.0, but it does make sense that they might be doing something special that will benefit subscribers only.. which would explain why they're taking down free trials. maybe the technical difficulties have to do with waiting for all the current free trials to expire first?.. if that is considered "technical". And once they expire, they'll announce the promo. i see, i see.

but of course, this is AV. WHO KNOWS?!! WHOOOO KNOWS?! Only tasos.

• F2P incoming, or
    • GSO gold sellers

Is there any gold buyers/sellers? ROFL
    I think AV already GSO on gold trade.

Free to play? ROLF! AV is one money crushing machine. They double charge not free of charge.

It's possible that a few favorites already in deep beta and DF2 is near. Pending 2-3 days of open beta (playable 2-3hr) but discount.... you dont know AV very well. Do you boy?
    Greywind UO/DAoC/SB/L2/WoW/DFO

4000+

DF2 client is free if you own DF1, just fyi

Quote Originally Posted by Greywind View Post
    Is there any gold buyers/sellers? ROFL
    I think AV already GSO on gold trade.

Free to play? ROLF! AV is one money crushing machine. They double charge not free of charge.

It's possible that a few favorites already in deep beta and DF2 is near. Pending 2-3 days of open beta (playable 2-3hr) but discount.... you dont know AV very well. Do you boy?
    Says the guy who thinks df2 is even remotely close to any form of public beta testing, open or closed.

Quote Originally Posted by DriftingJoint View Post
    Says the guy who thinks df2 is even remotely close to any form of public beta testing, open or closed.
    Says the guy who join this forum a few yr earlier then you.
    DFO was in close beta for 6-9mo+ before disaster of open beta. I know that SWP were invited 3mo before open beta and mercs(not sure about specific clan) had been in testing about 6mo already.
    So when game was finally out clans with deep beta had huge advantage. While we learn how to deal with goblins they farm Deathless mages.
    Considering that AV has money, experience and does not start from ground it is possible they have "deep beta"
    Greywind UO/DAoC/SB/L2/WoW/DFO

Quote Originally Posted by bobii View Post
    df2 client is free if you own df1, just fyi
    the darkfall 2 client will be free for these how bought the darkfall 1 client in the past!
    Dfo.eu @ Facebook

"Viel Feind, viel Ehr"
    "The more danger, the more honor"

Quote Originally Posted by Zalasahr View Post
    the darkfall 2 client will be free for these how bought the darkfall 1 client in the past!
    Link? Source?
    Έχετε ακόμη και σηκώστε

Link? Source?
    Source: Common fucking sense

Normal User

Link? Source?
    There were also questions about having to pay for the relaunch version, and the answer is no if you’ve already bought Darkfall. Active subscribers will have priority in playtesting and in a developer interaction group about the new game. They will also participate in the major events that conclude the first chapter of Darkfall.
    http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/?p=2102

took awhile to find...
    Recruit of Aesir

I love it when people get their hopes up on this forum. Nobody ever learns

But without trials how am I suppose to scam people when I starting playing again like we did as GPS?

Normal User US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Nat daprat View Post
    I love it when people get their hopes up on this forum. Nobody ever learns
    Deep down I know what's coming, but I like to think happy thoughts until it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalasahr View Post
    right, and DF2.0 is not a new game either.. wait it is.. no it's not.. wait yes it is.. and we will not wipe, wait yes we might, wait no we won't, wait it's not an issue for the present.

In other words, don't be surprised in the slightest if we all have to pay for DF2.0.*

*assuming it actually exists and ever gets released
    Last edited by Famer Joe; 05-26-2012 at 22:08.