1000+

Default "Economists": 1-1=3

That is correct....."recovery" is a matter of faith..no logic, no common sense, no maths (or at least none that add up)....we are all there "hopeing" that the "west" will recover, that "signs" (from another dimension) finally appear...that "growth" springs out from the thin air....that a "good fairy" finally brings us a present

Even on Mars, nations that:
    1) Have labour costs 5-10 times higher than their competitors.
    2) Have tight internal safeguarding regulations againts exploitaiton, while their competitors have non.
    3) Pay millions to refugees and unproductive immigrants (many times from those very same nations that produce at a fraction than what we face)
    4) Pay millions to idle youth and discourage them to work...or to do any work that they might not find amusing
    5) Have as competitors nations that illlegally apply protectionism and currency devaluation.
    6) Have allowed their companies to move to their competitors.

and, on top of all....

7) apply no barrier, taxes or any regulation to balance this gigantic unbalance...actually making them illegal

Last but not least:

8) allow Banks and Corporations to put their hands on the last savings

...well nations in this state have "recovery problems"...

Yes, I am talking of EU, US, Canada etc....we have walked into the graveyard and digged and digged, hopeing to uncover gold........and convinced ourselves that that coffin next to us, that happens to have our same size and that perfectly fits in the hole, is simply there to allow us to rest for a little while....

RIP
    HG
    Last edited by Hyldor Gwyvallt; 05-26-2012 at 00:43.
    "Let us control the money of a nation, and we care not who makes its laws" Mayer Amschel "Rothschild"

I would just like to add my own experience from my time working in the oildfield.

The safety programs and evironmental constraints are huge in Canada compared to other countries. While this doesn't effect big established companies so much. It does effect costs for start up companies and works as a barrier to entry.

1000+

I also forgot to mention that while waiting for this "recovery", to pay the day by day dues, we have borrowed astronomical amounts of money.....most of the government bonds were bought by our competitors (basically with our own money, the money with which we bought cheap products from our "unfair" competitors), so, on top of this, we have to pay huge interests (not to mention to repay the capital)...and still hope for a recovery....good job Capitalism!!!!

Regards
    HG
    "Let us control the money of a nation, and we care not who makes its laws" Mayer Amschel "Rothschild"

1/10

No mention of debasing of currency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    Unless you assume a God, the question of life’s purpose is meaningless.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Damedius View Post
    I would just like to add my own experience from my time working in the oildfield.

The safety programs and evironmental constraints are huge in Canada compared to other countries. While this doesn't effect big established companies so much. It does effect costs for start up companies and works as a barrier to entry.
    Do not get me wrong, I am all for those restrictions and safeguards....but they should apply to ALL countries that want to export to you and since that will never happen (who will enforce it? The Chinese Communist party?), you do NOT buy toys or food or PCs or cars from them...or you place the good old import taxes, at least what you lose from one pocket you gain from the other.....

Petrol is different, as all mining resources....but in general why we ended up relocationg all our other factories to Asia, buying lower quality and many times hazardous stuff and even remaining jobless, without the averege fool even noticing this, is hard to figure out....

Regards
    HG

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Damedius View Post

Effectively eliminating competition.

Banned

HG. Capitalism would have seen these suckers burn a long time ago. Corrupt public servants are behind this. Creating laws for their friends and neglecting their employers.