Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 678 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 127
  1. #91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveStunTueur View Post
    I know you've stated several times that you didn't go to University, which is prolly why you think that way. You're wrong here my friend. University students aren't elementary or high school students. University teachers are not taking every students by the hand. You can pack 200+ students in a big auditorium, and you'll receive the same information that if you were only 35 in it. I studied electrical/eletronic engineering, and trust me, the teachers can take more students easily.

    Anyway, our nation education is not some kind a product that someone is trying to sell. The law of supply & demand isn't representative, and the main reason is that the people that are "buying" the "product", are the co-owners of the said product.
    What does this fictional co-ownership of said product entitle you to?

    Where do you have proof of this fictional co-ownership of said product?

    You sure this just doesn't exist inside your head?

    You know that Santa Claus doesn't exist right?
    Last edited by Damedius; 05-24-2012 at 22:13.

  2. #92
    11,000+ Death's Chill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveStunTueur View Post
    I know you've stated several times that you didn't go to University, which is prolly why you think that way. You're wrong here my friend. University students aren't elementary or high school students. University teachers are not taking every students by the hand. You can pack 200+ students in a big auditorium, and you'll receive the same information that if you were only 35 in it. I studied electrical/eletronic engineering, and trust me, the teachers can take more students easily.
    To the bolded, no, they're freshly graduated high school students with no maturity, no understanding of economics, personal fiscal management or any self-discipline. They're worse than high school teenagers, since they aren't surviving on mom and dad but on the tax payers while they "learn" and get drunk and high at night at parties having unprotected sex and shouting about drunk on the streets like wild apes.

    If the information is so easily transmitted and students don't need their hand held, why aren't all of these classes being taught electronically online? Why even bother with a classroom at all besides for testing purposes? It's because government is there to subsidize the increased cost and prevent the natural evolution of education.

    Anyway, our nation education is not some kind a product that someone is trying to sell. The law of supply & demand isn't representative, and the main reason is that the people that are "buying" the "product", are the co-owners of the said product.
    It's not a product, it's a service. Supply and demand most certainly does effect the cost of services.

    It's simple. To provide a service you need the facilities (schools, gyms, labs, etc..) staff (teachers, administrators, janitors, etc..) and a plan to put those assets into functional operation.

    All of this costs money and none of these things are in infinite supply. So the more teachers you need to hire, the more it costs you; and guess what.. teachers are not exactly an easy position to fill. There aren't enough of them. Which means the price to hire them also goes up.

    All of those costs rise as more students come in. And there's also less space for them all. So prices go UP to compensate. There's no where else for them to go.

    In Quebec, students have been enjoying a comfortable, very small tuition fee compared to the rest of Canada, kept artificially low by the government. Now, for once, the government decides to stop forking over tax payer money to subsidize what should be paid for by the students or parents, and because of that the students take to streets and start a wild dangerous violent tantrum.
    Last edited by Death's Chill; 05-24-2012 at 22:48.


    Yummy.

  3. #93
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    Well what are the examples?
    We're going to have to define what you're asking for because I don't think I have to take time to show that people neglect the basic necessities of others to benefit themselves in any system of heirachy.


    Quote Originally Posted by Damedius View Post
    Are you a Socialist mystic that believes college or university contains the key to enlightenment?
    wtf

    can you read? That's a really ignorant conclusion you've drawn from what I said. I see much further outside the box of modern day education institutes.

    I was only pointing out a fundamental flaw in logic, in this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziegler View Post
    Water
    Food
    protection from the elements


    Pretty much everything else is extra. Without those 3 things, you will die.
    You wont die becaues you dont have a degree. You wont die because you dont have health insurance. You wont die because you dont have a cell phone. You wont die because you dont have electricity, car, TV, Xbox, or anything else.
    Those are basic necessities for survival at a very primitive level but I think we have to consider the basic necessities for the advancement of our species also.

  4. #94
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    I also just ate a pot brownie so this thread is gonna be amazing in like 45 minutes.

  5. #95
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krag View Post
    Pretty hilarious that despite admitted ignorance, the first instinct is to blame "capitalism" when all these issues in question are government decisions, not set by the free market.
    I actually respect this a lot.



    I guess my only response is that I believe capitalism without strong social values will always bring out the worst in man and leaves the door wide open for the morally bankrupt to finds ways to exploiter the 'weaker'.

  6. #96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    I also just ate a pot brownie so this thread is gonna be amazing in like 45 minutes.
    Call me immature, but I lol'd.

  7. #97
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seriousbisnis View Post
    Call me immature, but I lol'd.
    Fuck it dude lol


    There isn't anything immature with sitting around thinking. Idgaf.

  8. #98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    Fuck it dude lol


    There isn't anything immature with sitting around thinking. Idgaf.
    Nah, I wasn't hating on you. I smoke a lot. I just laughed when I read your post.

  9. #99
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seriousbisnis View Post
    Nah, I wasn't hating on you. I smoke a lot. I just laughed when I read your post.
    cool duuuude haha


    Yeah, dude I don't smoke that often. But every now and again to help me find some balance in life.

  10. #100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    Solution. Cut taxes. Cut prices. Make everything affordable for hard working people. Nah. The socialist way is much easier. Let's protest shit until someone else pays.

    What they should be protesting is stupid fucking banks taking over the world.
    You are way too intelligent for this thread.

  11. #101
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Hobgoblin View Post
    You are way too intelligent for this thread.
    I don't really get what you're saying but isn't it counter-productive to praise capitalism but protest the banks?

    Unless we're talking about capitalism in more of a barter society?


    Also aren't there hundred of thousands of people across the globe protesting the banks?
    Last edited by Nunz; 05-25-2012 at 05:25.

  12. #102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    I don't really get what you're saying but isn't it counter-productive to praise capitalism but protest the banks?

    Unless we're talking about capitalism in more of a barter society?
    Not at all. The banking system is the antithesis of capitalism. Its favored regulation.. subsidizing banks that would epically fail in a real capitalist system.

    Think about it.. if banks really had to compete for your money knowing the government wouldnt bail their dumb asses out.. do you think some low IQ retard fucking janitor would get a home loan for a house he could never afford? HELL FUCKING NO.

  13. #103
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Hobgoblin View Post
    Not at all. The banking system is the antithesis of capitalism. Its favored regulation.. subsidizing banks that would epically fail in a real capitalist system.

    Think about it.. if banks really had to compete for your money knowing the government wouldnt bail their dumb asses out.. do you think some low IQ retard fucking janitor would get a home loan for a house he could never afford? HELL FUCKING NO.
    I completely grasp what you're saying but wonder how do you stop the hording of 'power' in a pure capitalistic society?


    If we do; you call it socialism.

    If we don't; we're right back here. I assume you acknowledge there's a problem.


    No matter what a (I want to say capitalist but it may happen more than just that type) economy starts off as, to me it will always end up cheap workers, cheap quality and cheap product. That seems very flawed to me.
    Last edited by Nunz; 05-25-2012 at 05:36.

  14. #104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    I completely grasp what you're saying but wonder how do you stop the hording of 'power' in a pure capitalistic society?


    If we do; you call it socialism.

    If we don't; we're right back here. I assume you acknowledge there's a problem.


    No matter what a (I want to say capitalist but it may happen more than just that type) economy starts off as, to me it will always end up cheap workers, cheap quality and cheap product. That seems very flawed to me.
    You do it by preventing the government from favoring one aspect of the market over another. Its what lead to the monopolies of the industrial era. It lead to railroad barons.

    The free market is beautiful if you let it be.. capital migrates to where its needed.. labor migrates to where its most rewarded for its effort.

    Monopolies simply cannot exist.. because no matter how epic your product or manufacturing process is.. someone will come along and improve upon it.

    EVERY SINGLE TIME a monoploy has cropped up.. it was the direct result of government intervention.

  15. #105
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Hobgoblin View Post
    You do it by preventing the government from favoring one aspect of the market over another. Its what lead to the monopolies of the industrial era. It lead to railroad barons.

    The free market is beautiful if you let it be.. capital migrates to where its needed.. labor migrates to where its most rewarded for its effort.

    Monopolies simply cannot exist.. because no matter how epic your product or manufacturing process is.. someone will come along and improve upon it.

    EVERY SINGLE TIME a monoploy has cropped up.. it was the direct result of government intervention.
    I really want to believe that lol I still wonder about the social aspects of even one person working at a level below someone else. I feel like there's more reward when people are allowed to take life slower. Invest more in themselves rather than some 'system' that demands our obedience and participation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •