Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy2402 View Post
    If you don't mind waiting four+ years to see a return on your investment...
    lol. Four years.

4000+

Kaylem Sothenic I believe is the Hyperion member involved, possibly Raven aswell.

That's how you know the game will eventually be good! RP ftw!

13,000+

oh snap, is this the project Kaylem is involved with?

Thankfully I already support the project and will continue to do so.

Wish I could get the signed sheet by Malukah.
    Last edited by Swing; 05-23-2012 at 10:04.
    The Swing - IMMORTALS
    Class: Swing
    Roles: 1) Swing Approves
    2) JUST AS PLANNED
    3) No u
    4) Faka you mutha

Sounds good on paper. But executing it, is a whole new ball game. Specially with all the features they want, realistically they are going to have to cut alot of those features.

Normal User

Remember Darkfall and Mortal Online sounding just as promising years before release

Still, gonna keep an eye on it and hope they get funding.
    Last edited by psycho91; 05-23-2012 at 10:35.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho91 View Post
    Remember Darkfall and Mortal Online sounding just as promising years before release

Still, gonna keep an eye on it and hope they get funding.
    I do not see this doing any better. Even getting an MMO to MO and darkfalls quality takes a lot of skill and dedication (or a rich daddy like MO).

I am pretty sure this game aint going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Wufiavelli View Post
    I do not see this doing any better. Even getting an MMO to MO and darkfalls quality takes a lot of skill and dedication (or a rich daddy like MO).

I am pretty sure this game aint going anywhere.
    Well they have like 50 ppl working for free right now. Darkfall never reached out to the world like that for help, which ironically is probably why they don't reach out to the community till this day. These guys certainly have the community aspect of it right, if nothing else. Worth a small investment in my mind, since now in days, even a feature list like that one is almost non-existent. Just buy 1 less crappy game this year.
    Last edited by Famer Joe; 05-23-2012 at 13:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Famer Joe View Post
    Well they have like 50 ppl working for free right now. Darkfall never reached out to the world like that for help, which ironically is probably why they don't reach out to the community till this day. These guys certainly have the community aspect of it right, if nothing else. Worth a small investment in my mind, since now in days, even a feature list like that one is almost non-existent. Just buy 1 less crappy game this year.
    You ever hear of planescape? has or had tons of people work for free, was an open source MMO. Its ok but extremely buggy and subpar.

Quote Originally Posted by Famer Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wufiavelli View Post
    You ever hear of planescape? has or had tons of people work for free, was an open source MMO. Its ok but extremely buggy and subpar.
    Is your point that even though they have 50 people working for free it does not guarantee it will be a good game?

Famer would undoubtedly agree with you on that, but 50 people working for free and reaching out to the community is a great place to start. They are building off of sandbox games that they have seen succeed and one's they have seen fail.

First, you need ideas. Next, you need money. Finally, you need execution.

Let's see if they get the money, then we'll see where this goes. I think it has a good shot at being a TRUE sandbox, although I did not like the developers tangent on "protecting players from being griefed." My only qualm haha.
    Philnaer Grimtrove
    Senior Detective
    Glory Seeker
    Servant of the Great Beard

Sounds interesting. Honestly though a good part of those features were Darkfall pre-release features, and look what became of that. Or MO for that matter...

But if they can create a solid, clean core game with good combat systems first, then they'll have my attention. Other features can be added later, but I would like to see a solid core first.

3000+

cant remember how many failed indie MMO projects ive followed through the years. I expect this to be next on the line.

13,000+

Email I received about the kickstarter:

Hey everyone!

We just wanted to say how humbled we are with the show of support we have received so far!

Reaching a quarter of our funding goal in just 17 short hours is amazing, and really gives us hope. Not just about reaching our target, but also that we aren't the only ones who truly believe that the MMORPG market needs to change, and we aren't the only ones willing to stand up and send a CLEAR and LOUD message to producers and large game companies that indie studios are leading the march this time. Change is coming.

The message is this: The gaming community is ready for a change. It is ready to stop having its hand held, or its game-play directed down a fixed path. It is ready for real freedom to play the game however they wish. It is ready for game companies to take risks, to innovate, and to show that the gaming community will be there to support them when they do.

Now all we need to do is keep this momentum building! Tell your friends, your relatives, your relatives friends, your friends relatives! Let people know what we are trying to do here, and get that message out there!

Vive la Revolution!

27 days to go y'all.
    Last edited by Swing; 05-23-2012 at 15:22.
    The Swing - IMMORTALS
    2) JUST AS PLANNED
    3) No u
    4) Faka you mutha

13,000+

$18k

Looks like someone donated $10k.
    The Swing - IMMORTALS
    2) JUST AS PLANNED
    3) No u
    4) Faka you mutha

5000+

$25,000 GOAL? What are they planning on doing with that pocket change? They sure aren't developing a game over a 4 year period

Embers of Caerus- Engine Test http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=5--1rZR7VTo#! looks like absolute shit
    . sorry but it does

I hope the game will succeed, but it won't. I know because omnipotence
    Last edited by Makgyver; 05-23-2012 at 20:01.

Hey, I want to see change in the MMO scene as much as anyone else. I keep shouting emergent gameplay and classless roles... The fact that they claim four years till release in 2016. That tells me they have almost nothing completed besides concept art, feature list and some music? What if they run into more problems during the development cycle? Have they factored those in?

But I worry that some of the goodwill via kickstart might be taken advantage of. And building a MMO is one of the hardest sort of games you can think to build. Even for veteran teams.

If I were them, I would just start very simply and get things right as they go on. Then add the more complicated features in layers. And they have to be 100% transparently clear in how things are being put in.

The big problem Mortal Online had was they promised a similar long list like this team is. And then they struggled out of the gate with even the most basic requirements of an MMO...combat. Crafting. Gathering. And then the players had a hard time understanding why 90% of the game was missing including the much heralded capital city (Which is supposedly, now getting put in. Supposedly, we promise!) I posted then that they should not release their very much raw and unbaked, but they did anyway...
    Last edited by Wonderboy2402; 05-23-2012 at 20:28.
    "Locked. Saying Scots have thievery in their genes is a no-no."

"That's like being the best cripple in the special Olympics."