Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Embers of Caerus Kickstarter launch

The day has come to support the next greatest sandbox MMORPG

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...stor-prototype

Darkfall had its chance and it will give us a few months of intense action with 2.0 and 3.0 probably but darkfall never aimed in such direction to fully satisfy a player like Ember of Caerus aims for. Get your $ and do some action.

"Reeve" - All "Squire" rewards and a digital copy of the game when it releases! (Game is scheduled to release early 2016, subscription fee applies, 1 month free.) 50 "forum gold" on your community account!
    If you don't mind waiting four+ years to see a return on your investment...
    Last edited by Wonderboy2402; 05-22-2012 at 22:35.
    "Locked. Saying Scots have thievery in their genes is a no-no."

"That's like being the best cripple in the special Olympics."

Funny thing about waiting for a game to come out -- you can do other stuff in the meantime We "waited" way longer for Darkfall. I like the passion and the openness of the dev team, as well as the ambition. Of course all that means nothing, but if you can't support an effort like this, you really do want to stuck playing crappy cookie cutter MMOs the rest of your life.
    Last edited by Famer Joe; 05-22-2012 at 22:57.

Banned

i wish u could spend drug money =[ this game looks genius

Quote Originally Posted by Famer Joe View Post
    Funny thing about waiting for a game to come out -- you can do other stuff in the meantime We "waited" way longer for Darkfall. I like the passion and the openness of the dev team, as well as the ambition. Of course all that means nothing, but if you can't support an effort like this, you really do want to stuck playing crappy cookie cutter MMOs the rest of your life.
    i agree

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy2402 View Post
    to see a return on your investment...
    That is a very optimistic expectancy.
    Wisdom Of Bots
    1, then tired, do not forget to smile; be anxious, but also pay attention to tone; no matter how tough, do not forget to adhere to; No matter how tired, but also love yourself.
    But we are jet modified and not faint-hearted of difficulties

Don't let little Milo go unfed guys!

I wish I could drop 10k for these guys. Game will be amazing. They are headed in the right direction, for sure.

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." - Edward Gibbon

Twitter Profile | Youtube Page | Twitch.tv Channel

Normal User

Added this game in Rigans thread of upcoming games for 2012, but i have to agree it aint gonna happen any time soon unless it gets backers.. On a different note has anyone worked out who the person is behind it, apparently some old school gamer that if he/she mentioned IGN's we would all no who it is???
    Last edited by Adiuk; 05-22-2012 at 23:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Adiuk View Post
    Added this game in Rigans thread of upcoming games for 2012, but i have to agree it aint gonna happen any time soon unless it gets backers.. On a different note has anyone worked out who the person is behind it, apparently some old school gamer that if he/she mentioned IGN's we would all no who it is???
    Somebody from Hyperion I think.
    http://www.geckzilla.com/dfstuff/cannibal.png

Quote Originally Posted by Sqarak View Post
    That is a very optimistic expectancy.
    My personal expectancy is to forget about the game until there is something substantial to show. So far I have seen a list of features they want to implement and some mediocre concept art...

And even then, I would not be doing preorders + sub-fees for an indie MMO from a newbie development studio. I also understand that MMOs take a long time to develop, so a estimated release of 2016 I suppose is possible... But that is pretty fracking far out.

Never again. No sir.
    "Locked. Saying Scots have thievery in their genes is a no-no."

"That's like being the best cripple in the special Olympics."

5000+

This looks like what DF2 should be all about.

I've given it some financial backing and hope that any others here who are able to feel committed enough to do the same.

Lux Arcana
    Clan Leader

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maejohl View Post
    This looks like what DF2 should be all about.

I've given it some financial backing and hope that any others here who are able to feel committed enough to do the same.
    All i see now is some idea's.. concept art and info about what engine they gonna use..

That ain't a mmo.. considering the fact of paying 50 dollar for something that not even excists yet..

Altho i am big fan of small groups that trying to reach into the game market..

But @ this point i have more respect for darkfall.. even in the early stages... ( av made everything by themselves) and this is also the main reason why internetQ invested in them..

most of these idea's go straight into the sewers without any backup or payment..

do not forget 2016 is along time without no payroll...

Quote Originally Posted by Iphicles View Post
    It took AV 3 years to find someone to publish and invest in Darkfall, despite having a working prototype. I don't think these guys are going to make it, not in this day and age of MMOs. Shame, reminds me of the art style of DAoC, which I love. Similar to that low fantasy MMO that just stopped development.
    This i agree on... besides...there using a engine that is already made.. and darkfall engine is homemade..

Until I see what plans they have for the combat system, NO DEAL

1000+

FPS or tab target? I sure as hell ain't giving them a cent even for a tab targetting game.

Vapourware or reality? We'll know Soon™ !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    FPS or tab target? I sure as hell ain't giving them a cent even for a tab targetting game.
    Question was asked and answered by the Technical director in exactly 16 minutes back in November:

http://www.embersofcaerus.com/forum/...ighlight=targe

in short, skill based aim.

Any AV person besides a moderator replying to a question from the community directly would be an act of God.
    Last edited by Famer Joe; 05-23-2012 at 23:44.