Page 1 of 11 12 ... LastLast

Default Embers of Caerus Kickstarter launch

The day has come to support the next greatest sandbox MMORPG

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...stor-prototype

Darkfall had its chance and it will give us a few months of intense action with 2.0 and 3.0 probably but darkfall never aimed in such direction to fully satisfy a player like Ember of Caerus aims for. Get your $ and do some action.

"Reeve" - All "Squire" rewards and a digital copy of the game when it releases! (Game is scheduled to release early 2016, subscription fee applies, 1 month free.) 50 "forum gold" on your community account!
    If you don't mind waiting four+ years to see a return on your investment...
    Last edited by Wonderboy2402; 05-22-2012 at 22:35.
    "Locked. Saying Scots have thievery in their genes is a no-no."

"That's like being the best cripple in the special Olympics."

Funny thing about waiting for a game to come out -- you can do other stuff in the meantime We "waited" way longer for Darkfall. I like the passion and the openness of the dev team, as well as the ambition. Of course all that means nothing, but if you can't support an effort like this, you really do want to stuck playing crappy cookie cutter MMOs the rest of your life.
    Last edited by Famer Joe; 05-22-2012 at 22:57.

Banned

i wish u could spend drug money =[ this game looks genius

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy2402 View Post
    to see a return on your investment...
    That is a very optimistic expectancy.
    Wisdom Of Bots
    1, then tired, do not forget to smile; be anxious, but also pay attention to tone; no matter how tough, do not forget to adhere to; No matter how tired, but also love yourself.
    But we are jet modified and not faint-hearted of difficulties

Don't let little Milo go unfed guys!

I wish I could drop 10k for these guys. Game will be amazing. They are headed in the right direction, for sure.

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." - Edward Gibbon

Twitter Profile | Youtube Page | Twitch.tv Channel

Normal User

Added this game in Rigans thread of upcoming games for 2012, but i have to agree it aint gonna happen any time soon unless it gets backers.. On a different note has anyone worked out who the person is behind it, apparently some old school gamer that if he/she mentioned IGN's we would all no who it is???
    Last edited by Adiuk; 05-22-2012 at 23:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Adiuk View Post
    Added this game in Rigans thread of upcoming games for 2012, but i have to agree it aint gonna happen any time soon unless it gets backers.. On a different note has anyone worked out who the person is behind it, apparently some old school gamer that if he/she mentioned IGN's we would all no who it is???
    Somebody from Hyperion I think.
    http://www.geckzilla.com/dfstuff/cannibal.png

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by The Cannibal View Post
    Somebody from Hyperion I think.
    Was at the begining, but left and formed with 2 others 'Nomads', which where and still are a respected guild that once played DF. Not sure what your comment is meant to entail but hey whatever, i have looked at the website and it sounds promising but other review sights are saying its some old school player thats involved from many an mmorpg, just interested who it might be.

Was at the begining, but left and formed with 2 others 'Nomads', which where and still are a respected guild that once played DF. Not sure what your comment is meant to entail but hey whatever, i have looked at the website and it sounds promising but other review sights are saying its some old school player thats involved from many an mmorpg, just interested who it might be.
    I'm saying I think the head dev is somebody from Hyperion.....

Unless I'm not understanding what you're saying here.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by The Cannibal View Post
    I'm saying I think the head dev is somebody from Hyperion.....

Unless I'm not understanding what you're saying here.
    Ahh my apologies, got what ya mean, its a possibility i suppose, any light on possible names from DF????

Could it be the KING himself!!! LOL
    Last edited by Adiuk; 05-23-2012 at 00:09.

Ahh my apologies, got what ya mean, its a possibility i suppose, any light on possible names from DF????

Could it be the KING himself!!! LOL
    I just remmeber reading the comments on one of their vids and someone mentioned at least part of his name and that he was in hyperion. Not somebody I recognized, so meh.

Normal User

The Creative Director Rob Steele was from the guild Forsaken, one of the other directors was from Hyperion though yes.

And no it wasn't Manus.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Jade77 View Post
    The Creative Director Rob Steele was from the guild Forsaken, one of the other directors was from Hyperion though yes.

And no it wasn't Manus.
    Mmm interesting, glad you mentioned Manus though tbh had forgotten what his/her name was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqarak View Post
    That is a very optimistic expectancy.
    My personal expectancy is to forget about the game until there is something substantial to show. So far I have seen a list of features they want to implement and some mediocre concept art...

And even then, I would not be doing preorders + sub-fees for an indie MMO from a newbie development studio. I also understand that MMOs take a long time to develop, so a estimated release of 2016 I suppose is possible... But that is pretty fracking far out.

Never again. No sir.
    "Locked. Saying Scots have thievery in their genes is a no-no."

"That's like being the best cripple in the special Olympics."