Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23
    Normal User

days of the standard non-sandbox cookie cutter MMO's are fucking done. Like 1980's action movies, that time has passed and the amount of cash you throw at it will never bring it back.

This thing wont even be released. SWTOR will tank in another 6 months and that will be the end of any big studio mmo.
    Last edited by Koya Hijiri; 05-22-2012 at 04:17.

eh, who can expect anything less. The problem is of course, people will buy this shit like crazy and stay up for 72 hours pressing refresh to get it.

Most people are not sentient beings and respond like animals to fancy flashing lights and cheese pellet rewards. Most kids these days, born in the late 80s when they started receiving over 50 shots in the first year of life, are in fact in the autism spectrum. Fukushima radiation is still seeping into our food, water and air. In 10 years, we'll have no choice but to plug our brain into a computer and play games while lying in bed, because we won't have the mental or physical capacity to even move.

Things will only get worse. Eventually video games will just be us in bed with cyber goggles experiencing virtual reality which is an exact replica of current reality.

Its ok, if they cant do it non instanced, let it be instanced as fuck but right then to do a mix of bullcrap.
    It will be as GW and its ok better then to see some idiots running around in instance 17 with you and wait in line to kill 15 rats and respawn. I mean this concept is one of the most retarded ever...
    Let me grind solo or with my gay partner and when I feel like it let me go to AFK AV.
    Lord Malebo in game.
    Lux Arcana recruit.
    http://www.luxarcana.org/portal/

This game coming from the creative director who said, "when you heal another player, you become their hero." Reallllllllly?

4000+

Quote Originally Posted by Koya Hijiri View Post
    days of the standard non-sandbox cookie cutter MMO's are fucking done. Like 1980's action movies, that time has passed and the amount of cash you throw at it will never bring it back.

This thing wont even be released. SWTOR will tank in another 6 months and that will be the end of any big studio mmo.
    Sadly that is not the case.

I'll be surprised if SWTOR will not make a profit, accounts were £50 and people pre-ordered the shit out of it and there is still over a million people playing the damn thing.

So long as tards keep on purchasing these shitty WOW clones, the more developers will keep making them. Millions will probably flock to TESO simply because of the IP involved in it, nothing more.

At the same time sandbox PVP games are in the same boat, so long as developers like AV and the Mortal Online makers are the only examples to go by and both turned out shit in a couple of years, we will never improve on these games either.

Stuck in a loop until a big developer attempts something new, which none of them ever will.

People should think outside the box instead of trying to make a better WoW clone. I am disgusted with all of these clones.

Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    People should think outside the box instead of trying to make a better WoW clone. I am disgusted with all of these clones.
    non-clones haven't fared to well financially. The problem is that MMO's aim directly for the success of WoW. They should aim for something more modest and grow from there.
    Wisdom Of Bots
    1, then tired, do not forget to smile; be anxious, but also pay attention to tone; no matter how tough, do not forget to adhere to; No matter how tired, but also love yourself.
    But we are jet modified and not faint-hearted of difficulties

Quote Originally Posted by Sqarak View Post
    non-clones haven't fared to well financially. The problem is that MMO's aim directly for the success of WoW. They should aim for something more modest and grow from there.
    The biggest problem with clones is that WoW has YEARS of content build up. No clone can ever hope to have as much content as WoW when it launches and the moment people fly through the content they get bored and go back to the one themepark that has enough mindless content most don't get bored. WoW.

And then, TES series took an arrow in the knee and got fucked...
    Lord Malebo in game.
    Lux Arcana recruit.
    http://www.luxarcana.org/portal/

So yea, Star Wars the old republic just went through a "restructuring." Alot of "talent" and people let go.

No big surprise there I guess. As players abandon servers and the cash flow decreases...
    Last edited by Wonderboy2402; 05-22-2012 at 21:12.
    "Locked. Saying Scots have thievery in their genes is a no-no."

"That's like being the best cripple in the special Olympics."

1000+

I wonder if they realize that the single player storylines in their last 2 Elder Scrolls game were complete shit.

IRC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Chipatama View Post
    A single player story.

Single player.
    In a MMO.

They're doing it right.

http://www.destructoid.com/elder-scr...y-227780.phtml
    I hope you're being sarcastic. This is the opposite of how to make an MMO.

Community staff are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Signus View Post
    I hope you're being sarcastic. This is the opposite of how to make an MMO.
    Sarcastic ?
    Me ?

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipatama View Post
    I now consider you a scottsman
    Last edited by Reckun; 05-23-2012 at 06:09.
    trick your eyes over ere...
    http://eyetricks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Reckun View Post
    I now consider you a scottsman
    I'm okay with this.