Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wufiavelli View Post
    If the game keeps their expectation sober and do not try to be the next wow killer they will be fine. Rift is doing ok and is making money and so will this.
    But RIFT had no expectations to it. (they also did with 300K what Bioware couldnt do with 300 mill)

TESO will be hyped to no end just like SWTOR and it'll crash just as hard IMHO.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wufiavelli View Post
    If the game keeps their expectation sober and do not try to be the next wow killer they will be fine. Rift is doing ok and is making money and so will this.
    Who cares if it makes money or not. The world is full of retards that will put up with anything.

seriously, fuck these big companies. if they even ruin the elder scrolls series like that. omg
    Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Playing Darkfall is the most fun I've ever had on a computer with my pants zipped up and both hands on the desk.

2000+

I've been wondering what exactly their targeted audience in this is...

Is it fans of Elder Scrolls games? Don't know about that, the loss of first person combat is a big change from the Elder Scrolls franchise, that change alone is enough to make me and many of my friends not even bother with it. The skills system will most likely take a hit as well. The only thing left from the original games is the lore... which is not something most people care about.

Is it people that like to play MMOs? Dunno about that. From what I've read, this game is going to be a lot like WoW, but in the Elder Scrolls Universe. Those that play WoW may give ESO a try... but will they stay? Why go from a polished game with tons of content to an unpolished one that still has a ways to go before coming close to the content WoW has? The things EOS features that aren't in WoW are close to what exists in GW2 at the moment, so who is going to play EOS in the long term?

Doesn't seem like they are catering to anyone in particular, other than the people that have read all the books in the Elder Scrolls games... and those people are a great minority.
    Last edited by Tzacharu; 05-21-2012 at 20:12.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Sagan
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.

I reallly want to send this guy my personal info but I dont speak spanish................................

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegler View Post
    I reallly want to send this guy my personal info but I dont speak spanish................................
    Dos cerveza. All I ever needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    Dos cerveza. All I ever needed.
    If you say taco and burrito enough times they usually go away and you don't have to worry about communicating with them anymore.

Bonus points if you repeat it MORE LOUDLY as if it will make more sense that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exevos View Post
    nacitar has never used any (to my knowledge) exploit maneuvers, glitches, and/or bugs... He has always been adamant in his ways, ... having been totally legit since launch, a feat many of us have failed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Abaratican View Post
    If you say taco and burrito enough times they usually go away and you don't have to worry about communicating with them anymore.

Bonus points if you repeat it MORE LOUDLY as if it will make more sense that way.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45C16tToen8

WoW combat system
    the next overhyped flop-MMO now SWTOR is out of the way
    MMO devs just too afraid to move away from the tabtarget nobrain system

TES: Online should be about the players creating their own story in a sandbox world. Not having your story be told to you. Should there be NPC's and quests like the SP games? Yes. However in the end TES: Online should be like Darkfall where if you choose you can create your character then run off to do w/e you want anywhere you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzacharu View Post
    I've been wondering what exactly their targeted audience in this is...

Is it fans of Elder Scrolls games? Don't know about that, the loss of first person combat is a big change from the Elder Scrolls franchise, that change alone is enough to make me and many of my friends not even bother with it. The skills system will most likely take a hit as well. The only thing left from the original games is the lore... which is not something most people care about.

Is it people that like to play MMOs? Dunno about that. From what I've read, this game is going to be a lot like WoW, but in the Elder Scrolls Universe. Those that play WoW may give ESO a try... but will they stay? Why go from a polished game with tons of content to an unpolished one that still has a ways to go before coming close to the content WoW has? The things EOS features that aren't in WoW are close to what exists in GW2 at the moment, so who is going to play EOS in the long term?

Doesn't seem like they are catering to anyone in particular, other than the people that have read all the books in the Elder Scrolls games... and those people are a great minority.
    I've read all the lore and the game does nothing for me. Lore is great but they have taken away everything that makes TES.... TES

Banned

Here's for a complete failure! Salute!

Yes, they picked the easiest route for quick gain by making it another WoW inspired game.

I am not a huge fan of the elder scrolls myself. But, the first person view, the freedom of exploration, the scope of the world and its creatures... that is what made TES stand out.

Now imagine if instead the world's NPCs were actually the players. Craftsmen, hunters, soldiers, rangers, war mages, rogues / assassins / bandits, villains and heroes... with the three factional alignments (optional allegiance).

Yea. It would be fucking amazing.
    Last edited by Wonderboy2402; 05-22-2012 at 01:56.
    "Locked. Saying Scots have thievery in their genes is a no-no."

"That's like being the best cripple in the special Olympics."

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy2402 View Post
    Yes, they picked the easiest route for quick gain by making it another WoW inspired game.

I am not a huge fan of the elder scrolls myself. But, the first person view, the freedom of exploration, the scope of the world and its creatures... that is what made TES stand out.

Now imagine if instead the world's NPCs were actually the players. Craftsmen, hunters, soldiers, rangers, war mages, rogues / assassins / bandits, villains and heroes... with the three factional alignments (optional allegiance).

Yea. It would be fucking amazing.
    So long as the devs don't make the mistake made in DF where there are no NPC anywhere beyond those needed. DF would have felt so much more alive with living cities / outposts / villages with NPC.

With TES Online I would go the route of having the same style cities they do in the SP games while also adding into the city a player housing section. Be it a portal of some kind you take to where the player housing for said city is or it's just walled off somewhere I feel it would work.

Speaking of players I believe the best form of clan area control there could be in TES: Online would be Forts spread throughout the world with tiny villages that can be upgraded along with said fort. They would be like player cities in DF and fought over and each would have a special resource like a mine or lumberyard. Once taken from a clan the fort would be reset back to level 1 and would require upgrading over again... which would not be a cheap and would require effort on behalf of many to completely fill out.

Course I am only dreaming.

3000+

Its gonna fail so incredibly hard on a level I don't think we've seen in MMO's so far. I'll put money on it.