Results 1 to 15 of 17

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Updates and such

    So I've unsubbed about one year ago, when I realized (far too late) that this game was going nowhere.
    Now I'm waiting for the release of the new version, reading the forum once a month.

    Frankly, it is not giving me much hope.

    It seems to me that developers are paying too much attention to visuals over functionality. E.g., the latest update is all about what the new weapons and ships would look like.
    I promise you, my good friends, the AV developers, if you made a weapon that looked like diarrhea on the end of a stick but was 1% more efficient than some other beautiful design you made, 80% of the server would be using the "diarrhea on a stick" weapon. If it was 5% more efficient, 99% of the server would be using it.

    Just bloody learn already, PVP games are about functionality and gameplay, not stupid visuals. If people wanted a pretty game they'd go to WoW or a hundred other games on the market that are better than you in this regard. Graphics will not make or break this game. Gameplay will.

    About fucking time you learned that, seriously.

  2. #2
    5000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,033

    Default

    People working on art are not the same people working on programming

  3. #3
    Normal User EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makgyver View Post
    People working on art are not the same people working on programming
    That is what people have said for two years, and yet in tow years we have been given little but a few visual updates to digest by the dev updates.

    maybe they could explain what the others are doing and give us some of their work to consider.

    In fact your point makes it even more starnge that we never see anything or hear any real detail on any work from anyone but the art team.
    Last edited by FaceJacker; 05-20-2012 at 14:06.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makgyver View Post
    People working on art are not the same people working on programming
    i think the better question is.. are the people actually working?

    Av is focused on the asian market on other stufff.. you really think that people @ there office, work on darkfall in a 40 hour week?

  5. #5
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Here is a wild guess...

    all engine developers quitted because they saw the management had no idea what they where doind, and all they could afford to do is work on the already easy to incorporate visual looks for 3d models

    just saying... even a single dude developing a stable version of a program can acomplish a lot under regular day to day work

  6. #6
    Normal User US1 Player
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38

    Default

    threads like this amaze me. do any of you ever get tired of bitching?

  7. #7
    Normal User Rex Lawless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mastershk5 View Post
    threads like this amaze me. do any of you ever get tired of bitching?
    No, they dont

  8. #8
    3000+
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mastershk5 View Post
    threads like this amaze me. do any of you ever get tired of bitching?
    http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.c...b-negative.jpg
    Kimoshu Grakenshalmn

    Middleman Rep

  9. #9
    Normal User Geezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mastershk5 View Post
    threads like this amaze me. do any of you ever get tired of bitching?
    Some of us are working on 3 years+ of being subbed to a game that constantly fails to live up to any of our expectations. I think we've earned the right to bitch.

    I suppose the next step for AV (instead of trying to fix things) will be to have the moderators start locking/deleting complaint threads and banning repeat offenders. People think the in game population is low now? Wait until ForumFall turns into ModeratorFall.




  10. #10
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mastershk5 View Post
    threads like this amaze me. do any of you ever get tired of bitching?
    Yeah. Besides, they're already testing a playable version.
    Recruit of Aesir

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    as long as they impliment that new feature to DF 1.0 and it is what we think it is, who gives a fuck? Darkfall can still be a great game even though it's a shithole, if it just had a bit more pop and slower grind (IMHO)

  12. #12
    Normal User US1 Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    476

    Default

    You can't say AV is focusing too much on visuals when we haven't heard anything about the mechanics. That doesn't mean that they're neglecting mechanic functionality in favor of shiny new toys.

    It's a lot easier to post a picture than it is to describe a new feature that will change or be removed entirely. Therefore, your only valid argument would be to say that they are focusing too much on visuals in their updates.

  13. #13
    2000+ griM''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfallin View Post
    You can't say AV is focusing too much on visuals when we haven't heard anything about the mechanics. That doesn't mean that they're neglecting mechanic functionality in favor of shiny new toys.

    It's a lot easier to post a picture than it is to describe a new feature that will change or be removed entirely. Therefore, your only valid argument would be to say that they are focusing too much on visuals in their updates.
    Oh.

    Spoiler


    Yeah...
    thx KAPUTT for face montage
    http://thebest404pageever.com/swf/Bounce_em.swf
    Quote Originally Posted by Adûn_East View Post
    Mindfuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeaph View Post
    VIVA LA DARKFALL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •