Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast

Thread: Is Diablo 3 fun

Quote Originally Posted by Suncross View Post
    d2 and d1 I could play for hours. This game is way too slow.
    For you and anyone still paying attention to this thread:

Titans Quest is far superior to this POS game. It has more character options than you can shake a stick at and infinite re-playability

http://www.titancalc.com/

I really wish Id never seen TQ before I was even tempted to buy anything from Blizzard

- The Grixxitt, Alfar Supremacist - NAxx

8000+

God damn. Tyrael's a badass.

He was way more badass in D2

2000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Blood View Post
    tell me
    I'm loving it. Hell difficulty is actually difficult in a full group, not the typical hack and slash like the genre usually has. Very different play styles from D2
    Sennheiser - Assist - Thage
    O.o
    EV

Banned

its bad

dont trade in games for this

Quote Originally Posted by Laxe View Post
    just wait for poe open beta, and there wont be any wipes anymore
    we are in the beta and poe is dogshit im afraid... well its good for the neckbeards because its F2P and not mainstream so the neckbeards love it
    Last edited by ddhx; 05-19-2012 at 07:20.

8000+

Quote Originally Posted by ddhx View Post
    its bad
    Nah, it's fine.

2000+

I never understood the appeal of those types of games.. I played Torchlight for like half an hour and was bored out of my mind, and ten minutes into Diablo 3 beta I was asking myself what's so fun about it?

Is it one of those games you need to play with others to enjoy? Is it just clicking enemies? I must be missing something...
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Sagan
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.

Normal User US1 Player

very.
    Cooking your fish since '94.

8000+

Quote Originally Posted by Tzacharu View Post
    I never understood the appeal of those types of games.. I played Torchlight for like half an hour and was bored out of my mind, and ten minutes into Diablo 3 beta I was asking myself what's so fun about it?

Is it one of those games you need to play with others to enjoy? Is it just clicking enemies? I must be missing something...
    I'm gonna let you in on a little secret.

It's called a feedback loop, something pops up on your screen every 10 seconds and you want more and more of it, you keep going and going, aiming for better gear, more achievements and more enemies to kill because it looks cool when enemies die.

5000+

I have played out the game, hit level 60 on a witch doctor in a few days. It was fun to do something else then APB or Tribes. But to be honest, I am not sure if it was worth my €60,-.

Only thing left to do now is earn that money back and play a different class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    I've never lifted in my life but I'll go and see how much I can bench and let you guys know.

3000+

I decided to get it, just like i got diablo 2 and never played it, but instead gave it to my nephew.

My thoughts compressed:

- Normal mode is good for beginners - veterans will get bored

- Nightmare mode is a completely new game. Same map but monster AI and abilities are greatly increased

- Hell mode will make you cry. You will think the devs are mad. They did not test their game, etc until you happen to join games with players which did not go into hell mod with just 10k hp like me. I suggest 20k+ at least, better 25k+ hp before you enter into hell, depending on your class.
    If you go with low hp and do not know your class perfectly, you will end up like me and many others in the groups i was in, suicide killing elite groups of monsters, hoping they won't regenerate too fast while you keep suiciding into them, just to take out another chunk of their hp.
    Personally i thought hell mod was impossible without dying, until i saw people with 30k+hp in it, knowing their toons. Or a demon hunter with 20k hp, but being a god at kiting and evading all the shit those mobs throw at you. (demon hunter is a real nice class)

One could argue their skill system being too simplistic, and there are really no choices to be made, other than which of the skills you have already to put into the action bars, and he would be right BUT when they got everything else right, to make up for some nice, mindless hack and slash action rpg. Did i say mindless? - Well, it's not all that mindless, because you have to put a lot of thought into how to take down certain enemies in modes higher than normal.

I managed to do the butcher solo in hell mode, with a monk having only 10k hp. Took me only 20+ attempts trying out about every combination of skills in my action bars which seemed reasonable.
    The fight was incredible. I should have made a video.

Blizzard did it again. If you like hack'n slash single and or coop action with some RPG elements then this is definitely worth trying.

Definitely a good filler until DF 2.0 comes out.

Having played Diablo 2 for a ton of hours, I can honestly say Blizzard did a pretty good job on Diablo 3 with keeping it similar to D2 but keeping it new and fun. It ramps up in difficulty quick right after normal and is by no means a cake walk. The only thing it needs now is the pvp arenas and it will be a pretty solid game.

Edit:
    Having friends and cousins to play with makes it a lot more fun then playing alone also.
    Last edited by Bobtin; 05-19-2012 at 13:25.

2000+

First few hours of playing D3 felt like a let down actually. Until I heard about the changes past normal mode. Now I can't wait to finish this piss prelude of a normal game so I actually can enjoy something challenging.

Normal User

Normal - Easy. Take your time and enjoy the story.

Nightmare - Try out various builds and monsters might actually scratch you.

Hell - You WILL die if you aren't extremely careful.

Inferno - "Oh hey, these monsters don't seem so hard after all" YOU ARE DEAD

I like how every play through has been different. Monsters gain more and different skills. Random generator throws in entirely new dungeons than previous difficulties.

So far I'm on inferno act 1 and haven't gotten bored yet. Inferno is where the real game starts for me.

If you remember why you liked Diablo 2, you will probably like Diablo 3 too.

3000+

The more i play, the more i am convinced that this is a masterpiece of hack n slash gaming. All the fine little details put into it, and a difficulty level which will shed a lot of tears. The AI is truly amazing in this one.

I suggest you bind the "force stand still" key to the space bar, instead of shift which is default. Big difference.

Then i also bound the action bar 1-4 to "q" "w" "e" "r" with r being the least used one.

Potions to "tab"

With those settings, your hands rest comfortable on the keyboard, with the fingers not having to move much at all.

All other stuff like menus to the F1-F12 keys, so you do not accidentally hit them.
    Last edited by pZombie; 05-19-2012 at 21:00.