Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Interview from MO

I know everyone here knows this game and complains about bugs etc. but actually i really like how they communicate with their community.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/7...ew-henrik.html

New interview with henrik where he explains about the game.

Now AV why wont you answer us in the same honest way?

You say that you need community managers and shit, but did you forget you can do stuff yourself?

I mean this is a smaller company than AV and they do more patching than AV ever did ?

Just 1 answer and an apology would do so much, i know the greeks are a people not keen on apologizing but seriously i dont know any player anymore that have anything good to say about your game..

Sorry for the rant but i just needed to get out with this.

4000+

not all players want to PvP so this is a very important update for this part of our community
    playing a pvp game for pve, wut?

also, I heard UE3 is easymode for devs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bobii View Post

You have no clue really, do you ?

UE isnt easy at all, why all games that comes with it have had bugs..

So you dont pve in Darkfall ?

I mean its not pve to get all the r60's 8 diff. enchants and grind your character to 100

No darkfall is a pvp game i get it..

you do way more pve in darkfall than you ever do in MO.

Dont get your point..
    Last edited by lamer2tm; 05-18-2012 at 10:36.

Quote Originally Posted by bobii View Post

you are not very smart when it comes to gamedesign it seems.

in a open world enviroment the "sheep" ( PvE players,Crafters) are very important so the wolves can enjoy the game and hunt ( PvP) or eventually fight for territory which these crafters need.

A part where DF for example fail completely, also one of the many reasons the population is so low, there is nothing to do besides PVP.

The problem could be also that you enjoy another type of game than the masses who came to DF with hope for a virtual fantasy world with lots of possibilities to play and enjoy this world, were PVP is important but not the only viable playstyle.

I enjoy MO alot atm, even with his flaws that are still there but not as strong as months ago
    Last edited by Niburu; 05-18-2012 at 10:39.
    Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Playing Darkfall is the most fun I've ever had on a computer with my pants zipped up and both hands on the desk.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    you are not very smart when it comes to gamedesign it seems.

in a open world enviroment the "sheep" ( PvE players,Crafters) are very important so the wolves can enjoy the game and hunt ( PvP) or eventually fight for territory which these crafters need.

A part where DF for example fail completely, also one of the many reasons the population is so low, there is nothing to do besides PVP.

The problem could be also that you enjoy another type of game than the masses who came to DF with hope for a virtual fantasy world with lots of possibilities to play and enjoy this world, were PVP is important but not the only viable playstyle.

I enjoy MO alot atm, even with his flaws that are still there but not as strong as months ago
    Indeed i enjoy both aspects and mostly pve for me leads to pvp, why i never bother go looking for it..

But some people are just clueless and dont understand they pissed all over their own sandbox and wondering why it smells..

I actually resubbed to MO, got like 3 chars at max, really easy to do but i need a clan or something

Quote Originally Posted by lamer2tm View Post
    Indeed i enjoy both aspects and mostly pve for me leads to pvp, why i never bother go looking for it..

But some people are just clueless and dont understand they pissed all over their own sandbox and wondering why it smells..

I actually resubbed to MO, got like 3 chars at max, really easy to do but i need a clan or something
    i bought it 3 weeks ago. really fun so far. got my chars also nearly maxxed skill wise and stats wise in the first day ofc. However the fun is to discover all the different materials and combinations since you don't grind a list to become a good crafter, you have to discover your own recipes.

PVP is also fun so far but not on the polished level DF is. However this should change with the next big patch.

And one other + is that it is populated atleast in the 2 cities were i was around (farbernum and meduli)

You should really join a guild since it makes lots of stuff easier
    Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Playing Darkfall is the most fun I've ever had on a computer with my pants zipped up and both hands on the desk.

2000+

Has anyone here tried MO lately? Is it still shit?
    "Only dead fishes go with the current"

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Dwhap View Post
    Has anyone here tried MO lately? Is it still shit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    i bought it 3 weeks ago.
    read boyo
    I am Eternal!...
    EU1-FREEDOOM

No such thing as freedom of speech on darkfall forums.

Normal User

AV has done QA's in the past so this is nothing special and certainly not thread worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullfist View Post
    AV has done QA's in the past so this is nothing special and certainly not thread worth.
    I can only remember one Q&A session during the last year, well, yearS. That was where some Qs were answered that the community collected. They answered one or two dozend out of hundreds - and the promised follow-up never came.

*shrugs* just sayin'
    Sherd Nazeer

Quote Originally Posted by Skullfist View Post
    Indeed. AV is a fine company, and they aren't bleeding customers due to their lack of communication skills. Nothing to see here.

Normal User EU1 Player

Bobii be trolling, emos be biting.

Suspended

is the combat still lame in MO? Just curious.

I like and have played both games quite a bit. Gotta give SV the props for better dev team communication and updates wise. DF could have been so awesome if it had moved in the direction I think most of the community envisioned. The devs just didn't share that vision it seems.

My ideal game would be kind of a combination of DF and MO with a splash of in game lore via Asherons Call style.

Major diff between the two games tho that no one really talks about is DF is a server side game and MO is client side. So if you have shitty internet DF is unplayable and MO is fine.
    Lots of other major differences cause of this like two totally different styles of cheating.

I'll take a look at it if they redo the slow paced combat system, and remove the retarded skill cap system. I don't mind skills freezing and getting disabled, but stop deleting my progression and stop limiting my playstyle so much... And force me to roll 8 characters to work around it, JUST so I can play the game.

Oh, and bugs, fix bugs.