Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Default Job creators are a myth

Here's venture capitalist Nick Hanauer matching my sentiments in 2 recent threads regarding the myth of job creators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBx2Y...ature=youtu.be

This video was also the central topic over alleged TED censorship. As far as TED talks goes it was underwhelming, but it's useful in reinforcing my point regarding job creators.
    Last edited by PirateGlen; 05-18-2012 at 06:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

3000+

In b4 SHO pulls some shit from his ass saying this guy is entirely wrong.
    We should celebrate March 2013 as the month Off-Topic went Full Retard.

8000+

Honestly, I'll watch anything you link Pirateglen, in my opinion, you're one of the few truly rational people on the forums.

God damn, my views have changed so much in the years that I've been on forumfall.
    Last edited by Jedicake; 05-18-2012 at 10:03.

Banned

Liberal hippie douchebag with money wants to give some of his millions away.
    --------------> That way to the IRS.

He can twist and bend his words and make useless comparisons all he wants. Involuntary taxation going to greedy bankers and politicians while public services continues to descent is not the way to go.

The idea that jobs aren't created by entrepreneurs is a fucking joke.

The idea that jobs arent created by demand is a fucking joke.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wufiavelli View Post
    The idea that jobs arent created by demand is a fucking joke.
    A demand that an individual has to take time and money (Gosh golly the jobs don't just come out of the blue...) to create a platform to satisfy this demand.

Banned

"I have started dozens of companies and initially hired lots of people. But if there was no one around to buy what we sell, all those companies and all those jobs would have evaporated."

He's a genuine Sherlock Holmes. And his solution to this is not to lower taxes in general so people actually get buying power. No no. It's to emphasize that rich people do need to pay more. Good stuff.

This guy seems more rational than that stupid ass trickle down effect. Hmm lets see, rich man makes millions, lets tax the poor people more. You need people to be able to buy things. The more money they have the more crap they'll consume. So lower taxes for poor=profit. If you dont buy things the entrepreneurs companies will fail because they dont have any customers. If you tax the entrepreneurs too much, than you wont have any entrepreneurs. It's like a food chain.
    Pi-piru-piru-piru-pi-piru-pi-pi-piru-piru-piru-pi-piru-pi-pi-piru-pi-pi
    This'll explain everything: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL3remBDiy0
    -----------------------------------------
    I believe I did what's called making you forumfall down the stairs.-Jackhowitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    "I have started dozens of companies and initially hired lots of people. But if there was no one around to buy what we sell, all those companies and all those jobs would have evaporated."

He's a genuine Sherlock Holmes. And his solution to this is not to lower taxes in general so people actually get buying power. No no. It's to emphasize that rich people do need to pay more. Good stuff.
    The rich do need to pay more....
    Pi-piru-piru-piru-pi-piru-pi-pi-piru-piru-piru-pi-piru-pi-pi-piru-pi-pi
    This'll explain everything: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL3remBDiy0
    -----------------------------------------
    I believe I did what's called making you forumfall down the stairs.-Jackhowitzer

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhowitzer View Post
    This guy seems more rational than that stupid ass trickle down effect. Hmm lets see, rich man makes millions, lets tax the poor people more. You need people to be able to buy things. The more money they have the more crap they'll consume. So lower taxes for poor=profit. If you dont buy things the entrepreneurs companies will fail because they dont have any customers. If you tax the entrepreneurs too much, than you wont have any entrepreneurs. It's like a food chain.
    Shh. The dude is on TED and has a bleeding heart.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhowitzer View Post
    The rich do need to pay more....
    No they don't. It's the rest of us that need to pay less.

Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    No they don't. It's the rest of us that need to pay less.
    The fact taxation rates are split is fucking stupid. If the fat from the government was cut, and everybody was taxed at 10%, with no way to make it lower (meaning shit like donations and so forth that you can write off as a tax break), we'd be in a much better society.

There's a lot more to it than that, because unfortunately the problems the western world has would not be fixed so simply, but it's at least a glimpse.
    Last edited by The Cannibal; 05-18-2012 at 15:21.
    http://www.geckzilla.com/dfstuff/cannibal.png

Obviously certain jobs are created by people, and some not.

10,000+ Long term follower

Flaw #1 - Government spending does not help grow the middle class, if it did, the middle class would be huge and expanding, it is shrinking.

Flaw #2 - Consumption is not the only driver of job creation. It's the classic chicken or the egg loop. The profits from consumption alone will not enable a business to meet growing demand and this will be exacerbated by higher taxes. This is where investment comes in.

Flaw #3 (the proverbial icing on the cake) - He is using data that is the direct result of gov't manipulation of the economy to make his case for more gov't manipulation.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

Normal User

Can we all agree that jobs create consumers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kol_Taggar View Post
    Getting upset about what AV says they are going to do is like getting upset about what Al Gore says is going to happen if we don't take global warming seriously.