3000+

Default Obama Drops His Name Into the Other Presidential Biographies

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/20...l-biographies/

On Feb. 22, 1924 Calvin Coolidge became the first president to make a public radio address to the American people. President Coolidge later helped create the Federal Radio Commission, which has now evolved to become the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). President Obama became the first president to hold virtual gatherings and town halls using Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, etc.

In a 1946 letter to the National Urban League, President Truman wrote that the government has “an obligation to see that the civil rights of every citizen are fully and equally protected.” He ended racial segregation in civil service and the armed forces in 1948. Today the Obama administration continues to strive toward upholding the civil rights of its citizens, repealing Don’t Ask Don’t Tell, allowing people of all sexual orientations to serve openly in our armed forces.

President Lyndon Johnson signed Medicare signed (sic) into law in 1965—providing millions of elderly healthcare stability. President Obama’s historic health care reform law, the Affordable Care Act, strengthens Medicare, offers eligible seniors a range of preventive services with no cost-sharing, and provides discounts on drugs when in the coverage gap known as the “donut hole.”

On August 14, 1935, President Roosevelt signed the Social Security Act. Today the Obama administration continues to protect seniors and ensure Social Security will be there for future generations.

In a June 28, 1985 speech Reagan called for a fairer tax code, one where a multi-millionaire did not have a lower tax rate than his secretary. Today, President Obama is calling for the same with the Buffett Rule.
    Thought this was a joke, at first, but you can look it up yourself:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/pres...calvincoolidge
    Last edited by Rachsucht; 05-17-2012 at 05:09.

there did you know factoids, its not like he inserted himself in the middle of the biography.

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Wufiavelli View Post
    there did you know factoids, its not like he inserted himself in the middle of the biography.
    Lol he switched up the order of the paragraphs to further fuel this bad troll

"Did you know?

On Feb. 22, 1924 Calvin Coolidge became the first president to make a public radio address to the American people. President Coolidge later helped create the Federal Radio Commission, which has now evolved to become the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). President Obama became the first president to hold virtual gatherings and town halls using Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, etc.
    The Presidential biographies on WhiteHouse.gov are from “The Presidents of the United States of America,” by Michael Beschloss and Hugh Sidey. Copyright 2009 by the White House Historical Association."

that's what it says....

It's a random fact, as a DYK fact at the end of page...
    We should celebrate March 2013 as the month Off-Topic went Full Retard.

11,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Marilio View Post
    It's a random fact, as a DYK fact at the end of page...
    Context is overrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

Wait, so the president actually wrote that and put it up on the website? I didn't know they did all of that stuff but if so that's pretty funny.

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by 88Chaz88 View Post
    Context is overrated.
    Intelligence is overrated
    We should celebrate March 2013 as the month Off-Topic went Full Retard.

3000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by 88Chaz88 View Post
    Context is overrated.
    It fits the narrative that Obama himself has created that he is basically a vain egomaniac. He created this himself just go listen to one of his speeches it's constant "I", "I", "I", "I", "I", speaking in first person for stuff his administration and govt has done. It's really strange to listen to cuz usually a president will rarely say that and be saying "we" instead and be commending the work of others not patting himself on the bum.

I dunno if he made that decision himself to pump himself up so much but if it's on advice he's acting it's just terrible advuce.

Quote Originally Posted by Krag View Post
    It fits the narrative that Obama himself has created that he is basically a vain egomaniac. He created this himself just go listen to one of his speeches it's constant "I", "I", "I", "I", "I", speaking in first person for stuff his administration and govt has done. It's really strange to listen to cuz usually a president will rarely say that and be saying "we" instead and be commending the work of others not patting himself on the bum.

I dunno if he made that decision himself to pump himself up so much but if it's on advice he's acting it's just terrible advuce.
    I bet he says "we" went on a vacation all the time :]