Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 51
  1. #16
    12,000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC, Beta Tester
    Posts
    12,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doomahx View Post
    And, what's your point? When did i disagree with any of that?

    When I said “Most smart investors tend to follow trends. Unless you meant something else?” I was responding to what DC said which was “because most people are morons that follow trends”. Perhaps I misunderstood him?

    Paying attention to trends, understanding them and following the correct trends is a good thing and will benefit the investor in the long term.
    There are too many people in the market right now that have no idea what they are doing. Many funds getting money from said people. So the market is over saturated with dumb money that does not understand trends but thinks it does.

    Basically a volatile market.
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"


    Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

    Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    It just means a lot of people are selling, because most people are morons that follow trends and actually believe it when the government says things are better.

    Better for me, hopefully it goes down a bit more so I can get more myself.
    But of course earlier people weren't "just" buying because they were pissing their pants thinking doomsday was coming.

    No no, that was something entirely different.

  3. #18
    11,000+ Death's Chill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Esudar View Post
    dc investing in gold with his 4$/hour wage nuff said
    It's 10 dollars an hour, and I likely save more money than you do because I plan my finances very well for someone that makes a modest wage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emolas View Post
    But of course earlier people weren't "just" buying because they were pissing their pants thinking doomsday was coming.

    No no, that was something entirely different.
    It is coming, it was just momentarily adverted; although because of this, it's going to be even worse. Which means getting into gold and silver will be even smarter.

    It's not even just about international currency values. When your wages barely move but bread costs 20$ a loaf you're going to be very very concerned, but when that happens people will scurry to gold. The worse things get, the more value gold and silver have.

    I don't plan to invest everything into gold, just in case I'm wrong and there is no economic catastrophe, so it's a win win for me. Either the market goes boom and gold skyrockets, or it doesn't, in which case gold will decrease gradually as people become more and more secure, and i'll have to decide when to get out. We'll see.

    It sets my mind at ease. Only option to do if you believe the economy won't last long. And I'm not even in the states. That's why I'm not in such a hurry, CAD currency may last a bit longer.

    Quote Originally Posted by doomahx View Post
    Trends only matter in the short term? Ok

    We must have very different definitions of what a trend is. You do understand that you are following a trend by investing in gold when the economy is doing shitty? Right?
    Trends are short-term movements of the market. I look into long-term investing, trends matter little then. What you want to consider are the products or commodities, like I said. Short-term is very volatile, but long-term depends almost entirely on the company selling the product or the commodity you invest in.

    Gold has had value since the moment man discovered it, just like jewels. That will never fade away. Even when the economy was healthy, gold was still valuable.
    Last edited by Death's Chill; 05-15-2012 at 16:43.


    Yummy.

  4. #19
    1000+ Wonderboy2402's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Your Mother, USA
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrion View Post
    Could this be in response to the recent death of Ron Paul?

    Or maybe it's in response to the release of Diablo 3, and the fact that virtual gold will soon have more tangible value than physical gold?


    Nice.
    "Locked. Saying Scots have thievery in their genes is a no-no."

    "That's like being the best cripple in the special Olympics."

  5. #20
    3000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,220

    Default

    So where is EE now? His stupid silver also collapsed from 45$ to 28$.

    Meanwhile if you bought something like AGNC 6 months ago you'd be up 20%.

  6. #21
    11,000+ Death's Chill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krag View Post
    So where is EE now? His stupid silver also collapsed from 45$ to 28$.

    Meanwhile if you bought something like AGNC 6 months ago you'd be up 20%.
    People who think short-term dips or rises matter in the long run are fucking idiots. Gold and silver will be back up within a couple months at most.


    Yummy.

  7. #22
    12,000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC, Beta Tester
    Posts
    12,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krag View Post
    So where is EE now? His stupid silver also collapsed from 45$ to 28$.

    Meanwhile if you bought something like AGNC 6 months ago you'd be up 20%.
    EE was probably buying silver when it was 14$. Long term trend for silver and gold is up. It is not because they have some special power. The dollar and other currencies are being devalued. You will get the same effect if you invest in a commodity too. The only reason why gold and silver are more attractive is because you can store them more easily, they do not spoil and they are readily divisible. You can buy tiny bars, coins and bigger bars. People with any income can get them. They do not have to pay storage fees in most cases or worry about their investment spoiling.

    People were making fun of peter Schiff when gold had it's last correction. The problem is that it was up from the time he was buying it. Again short term trends for the ignorant are a curse.
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"


    Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

    Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

  8. #23
    11,000+ Death's Chill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,220

    Default

    It's like the whole world suddenly can only see 2 feet or 2 seconds ahead of it. No one has any patience anymore or any consideration for long term planning.


    Yummy.

  9. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    It's like the whole world suddenly can only see 2 feet or 2 seconds ahead of it. No one has any patience anymore or any consideration for long term planning.
    Didn't hear you complaining when EE was chiming about gold price rising, which so happened to be short-lived.

  10. #25
    6000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ger
    Posts
    6,199

    Default

    forumfalls wheelchar econimists thinking they understand stuff, again.. lal
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilio View Post
    You can't educate people that do not want to be educated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Vertigo View Post
    Dunning-Kruger, showing the internet as a parody of the human race since 1999.

  11. #26
    3000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    People who think short-term dips or rises matter in the long run are fucking idiots. Gold and silver will be back up within a couple months at most.
    A 40% drop isn't a "dip" its a roller coaster. You are playing with fire with anything that swings around that much over quarterly ticks. You'd think this sort of event would be a learning experience instead here you are defending this kind of insanity.

  12. #27
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    It's 10 dollars an hour, and I likely save more money than you do because I plan my finances very well for someone that makes a modest wage.



    It is coming, it was just momentarily adverted; although because of this, it's going to be even worse. Which means getting into gold and silver will be even smarter.

    It's not even just about international currency values. When your wages barely move but bread costs 20$ a loaf you're going to be very very concerned, but when that happens people will scurry to gold. The worse things get, the more value gold and silver have.

    I don't plan to invest everything into gold, just in case I'm wrong and there is no economic catastrophe, so it's a win win for me. Either the market goes boom and gold skyrockets, or it doesn't, in which case gold will decrease gradually as people become more and more secure, and i'll have to decide when to get out. We'll see.

    It sets my mind at ease. Only option to do if you believe the economy won't last long. And I'm not even in the states. That's why I'm not in such a hurry, CAD currency may last a bit longer.



    Trends are short-term movements of the market. I look into long-term investing, trends matter little then. What you want to consider are the products or commodities, like I said. Short-term is very volatile, but long-term depends almost entirely on the company selling the product or the commodity you invest in.

    Gold has had value since the moment man discovered it, just like jewels. That will never fade away. Even when the economy was healthy, gold was still valuable.

    Personally, I'd be buying liquor and learning how to farm and hunt if I was preparing for an economic crash.

    but that's just me...
    Last edited by Nunz; 05-15-2012 at 18:02.

  13. #28
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    Does anyone else realize how ridiculous it is to watch a market become crippled by bubbles only to see sub-cultures of society create their own bubbles for fear of what the market might do because of a bubble?

  14. #29
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    It's a ripple of fucking retarded non-sense.

  15. #30
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    P.s. your fears just got rode all the way to the bank. It looks like China cashed in on them?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •