Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How much do you love AV?

Personally, I have had three characters subbed for nearly 3 years. I am as loyal of a customer as they get. But sadly it seems I have begun to lose my addiction to this wonderful game.

3 games, two name changes and three years of playing with 3 characters.
    (50x3)+30+30+36(15*3)
    210+36x45=$1830 spent on Darkfall

This doesn't include me building a new computer (i7 950) only to rebuild it 4 months later to use a i7 2700k. I am on my 3rd G15 keyboard, 4th mouse (g9x), and 4th gaming headset(g35 & Sony GA500). I have purchased multiple sound cards and 10k rpm hard drives trying to improve my performance in sieges.

I know there are many others out there who are just as passionate about this game as I am. Until recently I had no problem paying three subs because I wanted to do anything I could to help AV succeed in developing Darkfall 2010 .

After waiting over two and a half years my excitement and optimism about this games development has drastically faded. Last week I canceled two of my subs. Im not sure if any "promotion" AV does will be enough to peak my interest again.

This isn't goodbye because honestly I think we all know I will be around until the forums get shut down (even if the game servers go first).

At this point even minor game tweaks would get me to log in. Pictures of swords that took a few hours to paint or hypothetical talk about resource nodes and the GUI aren't going to do it for me.

-I think I deserve a closed beta invite sometime in the next couple years.
    Quote Originally Posted by type View Post
    SB UDL RK went after TSL because...They had a 30 man [siege] force and 25 holdings, they were killing the game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjU8R_VLIdE

Banned

Cool man.

Cool story bro...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasos
    We'll try to improve our presentation on new features, as well as improve player-developer interaction on features to come.

Normal User

A promotion by itself won't do much to bring more people in at this point.

Nobody wants to invest months building a bank and a competitive character in a game that we have every reason to believe will be wiped. Many people with vet characters have left because the population is so low and it's become a reinforcing death spiral.

If AV does re-implement permanently the 4x skill gain and remove surging, and lower the price substantially, that'll probably bring a big wave of people back for a while.

The way things are now, NA will be like EU in another two months. Right now, there are probably more houses and than players on EU. (Given that the remaining tiny hardcore base often have 2 or 3 accounts each.)

1000+

they need to do something and fast . Cause DF is about to die for real this time . I had 3 account close 2 .

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by a jackalope View Post
    I am on my 3rd G15 keyboard, 4th mouse (g9x), and 4th gaming headset(g35 & Sony GA500).
    Rage smash your shit less and you'll save some money, lol...

EDIT: Oh, and back OT - I love AV as much as DoG does... There is only one thing truly ruined this game and it has nothing to do with the software.
    Last edited by Wyndal; 05-15-2012 at 20:22.

Wyndal Smythe [VAMP]

I hate AV. But I love Darkfall.

In my opinion selling / joining Razorwax to AV was the worst thing done in human history EVER!
    Last edited by Umki Bloodsoul; 05-19-2012 at 05:31.

1000+

I've already been in my decline for the past 5 months. I doubt I will re-sub after this month. It really is unfortunate because I have been a loyal customer since release.

i love EA more than AV, simple as that

I used to pay for 3 accounts. Now 0.
    SIG MADE BY GECK ZILLA

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Laxe View Post
    i love EA more than AV, simple as that
    Wow, now that's intense.

Quote Originally Posted by laxe View Post
    i love ea more than av, simple as that
    o m f g . . .

you guys are part of the problem. having 3 accounts sub inflates their numbers. they think their game is very successful. the only way companies do anything or change something is by hitting their wallets.

if you dont like something they aren't doing than don't support it. they will have to listen if their customers aren't happy.

if you still enjoy playing the game that is cool and respect that but keep one account not 3. no reason to have 3 accounts. than maybe they will make quicker changes

13,000+

Quote Originally Posted by a jackalope View Post
    Personally, I have had three characters subbed for nearly 3 years. I am as loyal of a customer as they get. But sadly it seems I have begun to lose my addiction to this wonderful game.

3 games, two name changes and three years of playing with 3 characters.
    (50x3)+30+30+36(15*3)
    210+36x45=$1830 spent on Darkfall

This doesn't include me building a new computer (i7 950) only to rebuild it 4 months later to use a i7 2700k. I am on my 3rd G15 keyboard, 4th mouse (g9x), and 4th gaming headset(g35 & Sony GA500). I have purchased multiple sound cards and 10k rpm hard drives trying to improve my performance in sieges.

I know there are many others out there who are just as passionate about this game as I am. Until recently I had no problem paying three subs because I wanted to do anything I could to help AV succeed in developing Darkfall 2010 .

After waiting over two and a half years my excitement and optimism about this games development has drastically faded. Last week I canceled two of my subs. Im not sure if any "promotion" AV does will be enough to peak my interest again.

This isn't goodbye because honestly I think we all know I will be around until the forums get shut down (even if the game servers go first).

At this point even minor game tweaks would get me to log in. Pictures of swords that took a few hours to paint or hypothetical talk about resource nodes and the GUI aren't going to do it for me.

-I think I deserve a closed beta invite sometime in the next couple years.
    Feeling the same way, likely going to unsub if I can unload my properties.
    The Swing - IMMORTALS
    Class: Swing
    Roles: 1) Swing Approves
    2) JUST AS PLANNED
    3) No u
    4) Faka you mutha

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by OminousHorseman View Post
    you guys are part of the problem. having 3 accounts sub inflates their numbers. they think their game is very successful. the only way companies do anything or change something is by hitting their wallets.

if you dont like something they aren't doing than don't support it. they will have to listen if their customers aren't happy.

if you still enjoy playing the game that is cool and respect that but keep one account not 3. no reason to have 3 accounts. than maybe they will make quicker changes
    what your saying is true, when CCP talked about creating a item shop in EvE online about 10K people unsubbed to make their point, and it worked the shop still went ahead but they don't sell unique items.

A lot of people here talk about unsubbing but it stays with saying it. if you want to make a point to AV then unsub and make them feel your not taking their ****

December 12th, 2012